October 11, 2019 Nelsonville-York 7 - 36 Wellston

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Nelsonville-York - Wellston

Post by countywide35 »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:05 pm Having seen both teams this season against RV.....I said it on air/radio from the Wellston press box Friday night.....Wellston is the best team I have seen all season long in 2019. RV has played CG, Gallipolis, Portsmouth, NY, Meigs and Wellston.

I'm going with Wellston in this one!

bold statement......the golden rockets must have surely impressed you to say they are in there with Gallia, Coal Grove and Portsmouth......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Don’t get me wrong, I want Wellston to win

Notorious
Waterboy

Post by Notorious »

Shotgun red wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:38 am
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:51 pm NY has a division 1 running back and has played two teams that would kill most teams in SEO. Wellston last winning record in the TVC was 2008
Who is the division 1 running back at NY? I have watched every NY game and haven't seen anyone who stood out. If they have a division 1 player they must be hiding him.
They are referring to Keegan wilburn #3

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

Notorious wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:20 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:51 pm NY has a division 1 running back and has played two teams that would kill most teams in SEO. Wellston last winning record in the TVC was 2008
Who is the division 1 running back at NY? I have watched every NY game and haven't seen anyone who stood out. If they have a division 1 player they must be hiding him.
Never heard of her!!!

#whatmakesyouthinkimfromtrimble

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Notorious wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:20 pm
Yep, and Wellston will wish he was graduating now instead of in January. Since he got fully healthy the teams he's faced have seen what D1 looks like. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

I hope so bad that NY makes the playoffs so they can play trimble or fort frye again to show them it's not being healthy it's your playing real football teams

But imo NY won't win another game the rest of the year remember you heard it here first

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This would be a great game to see.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

should be a dandy, good luck NY

Its all in the hips
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Goodluck nelsonville.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Bone dust wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:19 pm I hope so bad that NY makes the playoffs so they can play trimble or fort frye again to show them it's not being healthy it's your playing real football teams

But imo NY won't win another game the rest of the year remember you heard it here first

You're not the only one hoping for this. Everyone involved in the NY program is hoping for it. Thanks for the bulletin board material. Even if you're not from Thimble. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:33 pm This would be a great game to see.
Listen Live on Power 105 beginning at 7:15 with Kevin Dunigan and Brian Breining! :mrgreen:

Live Like A Champion!
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Bone dust wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:19 pm I hope so bad that NY makes the playoffs so they can play trimble or fort frye again to show them it's not being healthy it's your playing real football teams

N-Y's schedule has good teams at front end and back end but the middle is bad. If they happen to squeeze in the playoffs it will be a repeat of the good teams they played. Healthy or not it won't be any different.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:15 pm

N-Y's schedule has good teams at front end and back end but the middle is bad. If they happen to squeeze in the playoffs it will be a repeat of the good teams they played. Healthy or not it won't be any different.
Glad you people are doubting our players. Not only will they be better since they're now all 100% healthy but they have motivation from statements like this one. Hopefully we'll get the appropriate seed to have a chance to prove you people wrong.
Last edited by Ground Buck on Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Making week 11 is huge no matter who you play. If you get beat there is still bragging rights that you made it.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

Like I said b4 you may not win another game dont get me wrong I hope you do but I agree fanosports injury free or not you won't beat trimble or fort not a chance

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I hope NY does get that week 11 rematch because a playoff appearance is a playoff appearance regardless, we will earn if we make it. NY has a lot to take care of before then starting tomorrow night. Plus I would much rather drive over the hill then multiple hours up north lol

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:39 pm Making week 11 is huge no matter who you play. If you get beat there is still bragging rights that you made it.
It's been watered down for years with now 224 teams (almost 1/3 of all teams make the playoffs) in 7 divisions. There are as many 1st round game blowouts as in regular season nowadays but the state has to make the schools feel good and of course make some $$$. The every Johnny gets a trophy mentality nowadays. If bragging rights and beating chests consist of a 7-4 season with a playoff loss in a mediocre conference at best then so be it . I guess my old school views are flawed but the cream will always rise to the top just like anything else when all is said and done. :D

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Bone dust wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:46 pm Like I said b4 you may not win another game dont get me wrong I hope you do but I agree fanosports injury free or not you won't beat trimble or fort not a chance
Fort Frye was up 38-0 at the beginning of 2nd QT. I don’t know if a few players will make you tougher. Fort line is just to good for NY.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:19 pm
Bone dust wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:46 pm Like I said b4 you may not win another game dont get me wrong I hope you do but I agree fanosports injury free or not you won't beat trimble or fort not a chance
Fort Frye was up 38-0 at the beginning of 2nd QT. I don’t know if a few players will make you tougher. Fort line is just to good for NY.
We didn’t even have a few players out. We had one, our LB and that was it. Like I said many times before it wouldn’t have mattered regardless. 98% of Nelsonville is focused on winning tomorrow night and just getting to the playoffs, despite what you see on here

Return to “Football”