Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

Sport Fan
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

Post by Sport Fan »

Sport Fan wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:49 pm
vladimir wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:55 pm
Sport Fan wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:22 pm

Again every community has the one bad apple period !!!! An I do mean every community , as a whole The Burg is the best I have every experience as a community ...
You know why gasoline costs a few pennies more in W'burg than the rest of the area? It's because it's sooo so much better b/c it's in the burg. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Just razzin' ya, buddy. Good luck to ya!
That is the most true statement you have ever made to this point :roll:

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

vladimir wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:55 pm
Sport Fan wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:22 pm
vladimir wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:41 am

Hey look all of my Dad's family from there, and my brother has his family there now, so you cut out the BS. I have zero problem and have never had any problem with W'burg winning games. However, I do have a problem with people who act like classless white trash. #poor sportsmanship. You know the old saying, 1-bad apple, and that's why I'm surprised a more classer W'burg poster didn't step in to straighten this guy out.

#Actlikeyou'vebeentherebefore
Again every community has the one bad apple period !!!! An I do mean every community , as a whole The Burg is the best I have every experience as a community ...
You know why gasoline costs a few pennies more in W'burg than the rest of the area? It's because it's sooo so much better b/c it's in the burg. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Just razzin' ya, buddy. Good luck to ya!
My car runs better on burg gas :lol:

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

14U wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:11 pm Yes long while!! Minford pot is dry for years. They can say that Lewis is back with Risner and Skaggs but who will block? Runningback? Minford loses 4 of 5 linemen, tightend and couple other receivers. Those players play on defense too.
One thing Minford is good at producing is lineman, I'm sure they'll have a few big ol'farm boys mature and be more than capable. It's having more than 1-skill kid is the problem the Falcons usually have.

The same can be said for W'burg, they lose the whole line, expect for 1-returning Jr., same as Minford. You are correct, Minford will have EVL, Risner, Skaggs back. They'll have to fill Widget's spot, and they'll find someone maybe a transfer (Cough: recruit.) :lol:

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
14U
S

Post by 14U »

vladimir wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:55 pm
14U wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:11 pm Yes long while!! Minford pot is dry for years. They can say that Lewis is back with Risner and Skaggs but who will block? Runningback? Minford loses 4 of 5 linemen, tightend and couple other receivers. Those players play on defense too.
One thing Minford is good at producing is lineman, I'm sure they'll have a few big ol'farm boys mature and be more than capable. It's having more than 1-skill kid is the problem the Falcons usually have.

The same can be said for W'burg, they lose the whole line, expect for 1-returning Jr., same as Minford. You are correct, Minford will have EVL, Risner, Skaggs back. They'll have to fill Widget's spot, and they'll find someone maybe a transfer (Cough: recruit.) :lol:
After ur comment on here I went to see who would fill the roll tonight. Better get them growing it didn’t look good!! Or did ur backups stay back to practice? Now burg had some big boys and the guy next to me said they were freshmen and sophomores few juniors.
Last edited by 14U on Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

14U wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:46 pm
vladimir wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:55 pm

After ur comment on here I went to see who would fill the roll tonight. Better get them growing it didn’t look good!! Or did ur backups stay back to practice?
Well Jackson is very young so there is that

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

JV game tonight...Burg 63 Minford 0

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

522Pirate wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:12 pm JV game tonight...Burg 63 Minford 0
Good game but means nothing as far as next seasons teams

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

100% agree...was passed the score so I thought I’d post it as it was versus Minford.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

That's a great video and a great link.

The angle on the catch is amazing! Risner's catch still one of the best I've ever seen live.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:39 pm
14U wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:13 pm
Bobbbbbb wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:01 am

A lot of Burg fans were on here talking after the loss to Jackson, quiet? :roll: Another thing, the so called "Burg recruits" have been in the system for years...ironton, half your team wasn't even playing for Ironton last year! :lol: now there's talk on here that you've already picked up another one from Huntington! Now the question is...will ironton have any "hometown" kids in 2 years! :shock: Hopefully, we may get a chance to see a Burg/ironton rematch in the playoffs with hopefully a neutral field and crew.
Bobbbb, rumors going around that Ironton is falling apart with recruits 8-9 that started for other teams last year coming in and starting over hometown players for Ironton this year. Also too many recruits coming in this year with empty apartments and living with special people has somebody looking into it!!! Too many coaches from both sides of the river upset over text sent to players and most are on team starting. We may see punishment coming soon?
I was starting to wonder how long it would take before questions arose! :roll:
Burg fans seem to care a lot about what’s happening at Ironton 😳

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

hereforthecomments wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:26 pm

Bobbbb, rumors going around that Ironton is falling apart with recruits 8-9 that started for other teams last year coming in and starting over hometown players for Ironton this year. Also too many recruits coming in this year with empty apartments and living with special people has somebody looking into it!!! Too many coaches from both sides of the river upset over text sent to players and most are on team starting. We may see punishment coming soon?

Who is Ironton?????? :lol:

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

XandO....back for more? Kind of a delayed response, you think? You'd love to be a Pirate fan I can tell! :lol: :mrgreen:

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Bobbbbbb wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:35 pm

XandO....back for more? Kind of a delayed response, you think? You'd love to be a Pirate fan I can tell! :lol: :mrgreen:
Bob... you’re the one who can’t keep the Tigers out of your mouth, better luck next time 😙

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Sport Fan wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Who is Ironton?????? :lol:
The team some Burg fans seem quite bothered by 😳

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

hereforthecomments wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:15 pm
Bobbbbbb wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:35 pm

Bob... you’re the one who can’t keep the Tigers out of your mouth, better luck next time 😙
Yep, he's back! HAHAHA! I still think you're a "closet" Burg fan! :lol: :lol: :lol:

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Please let this thread die.

Or at least on the Minford Burg theme. It was such a great game.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^You should lock it.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Was really trying not to.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Minford lucky to win against court house and played burg tough only to lose against Oak hill again. Then blowed out by waverly.

Return to “Football”