Re: Nelsonville-York - Wellston

Post by noreply66 »

congrats to the Rockets

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
NY BUCK
All State

Re: Final: Nelsonville-York 7 - Wellston 36

Post by NY BUCK »

Congrats to the Rockets, outplayed us, out coached us, and flat out just wanted it more. Good luck the rest of the way.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Im not gonna get on here and talk 2 much crap.. Cause wellston still has athens the rivalry against vc not untouchable... But i do hope ny can get us some points

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:37 pm Im not gonna get on here and talk 2 much crap.. Cause wellston still has athens the rivalry against vc not untouchable... But i do hope ny can get us some points
Wellston actually looks like the best team in the TVC. My bulldogs has their hands full next week

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:41 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:37 pm Im not gonna get on here and talk 2 much crap.. Cause wellston still has athens the rivalry against vc not untouchable... But i do hope ny can get us some points
Wellston actually looks like the best team in the TVC. My bulldogs has their hands full next week

May 🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Post by Shotgun red »

ShooterMcgavin wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:40 pm Man Im Glad the Bucks are healthy now. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
The players might be healthy but that coaching is awful.

I am not a Burrows fan but, I am a BURROW fan!
Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Post by Shotgun red »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:48 pm NY's play calling is God awful. Just give the ball to 3
Yeah I heard 3 is skipping college and going straight to the NFL. That kid is the real deal.

Notorious
Waterboy

Post by Notorious »

I distinctly remember seeing a comment that said wellston was going to see what a true D1 RB looked like this week..

Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Post by Shotgun red »

Notorious wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:06 pm I distinctly remember seeing a comment that said wellston was going to see what a true D1 RB looked like this week..
I think everyone in Athens county is still waiting to see this so called D1 RB. I understand he will supposedly be a slot receiver in college but come on man, he should be dominating teams in this weak league.

GRF
Waterboy

Post by GRF »

I am not for picking on individual players. These are high school kids. Wellston has a good defense. How about giving them some credit?

Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Post by Shotgun red »

GRF wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:16 pm I am not for picking on individual players. These are high school kids. Wellston has a good defense. How about giving them some credit?
All the kids tried really hard tonight. Good job boys. I am working on getting everyone a trophy for trying so hard.

Notorious
Waterboy

Post by Notorious »

Shotgun red wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:10 pm
Notorious wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:06 pm I distinctly remember seeing a comment that said wellston was going to see what a true D1 RB looked like this week..
I think everyone in Athens county is still waiting to see this so called D1 RB. I understand he will supposedly be a slot receiver in college but come on man, he should be dominating teams in this weak league.
I agree

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I must have seen a different game ny coach said on radio ny should have had 35 first half but left it on the field lol

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I said even after watching them against Jackson the first game of the year, and even though they got beat, there just seemed to be a different attitude with these kids this year. I'm not sure if they have a new coach or what, but they just don't quit when things don't go there way, as mayby they did in the past. I don't know if they can beat the Bulldogs or the Vikings, but I believe that they will give it everything that they have. Take it one game at a time, your next game is the only game that matters right now.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:57 pm I said even after watching them against Jackson the first game of the year, and even though they got beat, there just seemed to be a different attitude with these kids this year. I'm not sure if they have a new coach or what, but they just don't quit when things don't go there way, as mayby they did in the past. I don't know if they can beat the Bulldogs or the Vikings, but I believe that they will give it everything that they have. Take it one game at a time, your next game is the only game that matters right now.
Agreed

Coach has done a great job

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

My recap on the game

Wellston has a nice ball club. Kids played hard. Their RB is a hard runner with some nice speed. Their QB had a nice game on the ground as well. Their WR has great size and high points the ball well. They got good size on the line and those boys get to the second level pretty nicely. Their Defense has some good hitters, let the bucks drive in their 20 a couple of times but kept us out of the end zone each time. Their first year ball coach seems to have the program going in the right direction and what a first year he is having.

As for the Buckeyes.. the play calling.. yikes.. First half bucks were in the game holding Wellston to 6 until the final drive. Went in 12-7 at half. Bucks were able to get down to the 20 multiple times but couldn’t punch it in. Only score coming from a TD pass on first drive from Seel to Wilburn. Bucks ran the ball down the field and then went wildcat and threw twice.. on serval occasions and I just don’t get it. Then in the second half we put two kids in at LB that haven’t even played there all year? Blows my mind. I could go on and on about play calling but it just isn’t worth it at this point. Congrats once again to Wellston, played a heck of a game and have a very nice football team.

As for the people on here bashing the young man that got to sign a D1 offer, I don’t really get it lol. I understand there are a few Ny posters that say some stupid stuff on here, which is why most of the old ones don’t get on here and why I never respond to them but come on. Kid just turned 18 today. It’s hard for him to even attempt to dominate when he only gets about 6 carries a game and half the time it’s in wildcat and the team knows he’s going to run so they just stack the box. He owns every reviving record at NY, kid is a good ball player.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Agree ^^^^

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

NY fans are always pretty classy, Wellston seemed to be the better team and hats off to them.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

NY BUCK wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:59 pm My recap on the game

Wellston has a nice ball club. Kids played hard. Their RB is a hard runner with some nice speed. Their QB had a nice game on the ground as well. Their WR has great size and high points the ball well. They got good size on the line and those boys get to the second level pretty nicely. Their Defense has some good hitters, let the bucks drive in their 20 a couple of times but kept us out of the end zone each time. Their first year ball coach seems to have the program going in the right direction and what a first year he is having.

As for the Buckeyes.. the play calling.. yikes.. First half bucks were in the game holding Wellston to 6 until the final drive. Went in 12-7 at half. Bucks were able to get down to the 20 multiple times but couldn’t punch it in. Only score coming from a TD pass on first drive from Seel to Wilburn. Bucks ran the ball down the field and then went wildcat and threw twice.. on serval occasions and I just don’t get it. Then in the second half we put two kids in at LB that haven’t even played there all year? Blows my mind. I could go on and on about play calling but it just isn’t worth it at this point. Congrats once again to Wellston, played a heck of a game and have a very nice football team.

As for the people on here bashing the young man that got to sign a D1 offer, I don’t really get it lol. I understand there are a few Ny posters that say some stupid stuff on here, which is why most of the old ones don’t get on here and why I never respond to them but come on. Kid just turned 18 today. It’s hard for him to even attempt to dominate when he only gets about 6 carries a game and half the time it’s in wildcat and the team knows he’s going to run so they just stack the box. He owns every reviving record at NY, kid is a good ball player.
Very good honest post.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

I expected Wellston to win this game but not by that much. I thought it would be close.

Return to “Football”