Best QB in SEO?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Best QB in SEO?

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:49 pm Those kids always peak in middle school
Not always

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Rvfan wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:05 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:25 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:55 pm

Sucks Athens doesn’t like to play freshmen. Moore to Wheatley next year will be fun to watch. Wheatley on the JV isn’t fair
Dumb. Is this 1964 college basketball? A lot of freshman are older than some sophomores

Experience and size are what counts in varsity football. Freshman should play jv or on the freshman team if there are enough kids. Doesn't make any sense to put a 15 yo, 125ish pound freshman qb who can't see over his center and line, up against a defensive line that run closer to 200 lbs and are all Jr's or Sr's. Have them play a year or 2 of jv, get that experience and knowledge that makes a good fb player, then make him starting qb/rb or whatever jr/Sr year. Unless 1st and 2nd string qb, or any skill position, get hurt a freshman shouldn't be playing on varsity.
It just completely depends on the situation. I know a freshman playing varsity on a good team and if he was playing freshman it would be ridiculous. Not every freshman is small.

Football players will be fine. Yeah you need experience but if you are 5’6 125 at any grade you aren’t likely to be much of anything on the football field.

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

Dundas wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:37 pm I still like Cleeland from Meigs. If the kid had a team around him, he would be a legitimate 2500-3000 yard passer.
Maybe but unfortunately he isn’t on a good team and maybe never will be.

SEOP2001
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP2001 »

When you ask about the best in SEO, It really all depends on the situation. Is the kid in a program that allows him to show skills? As mentioned above, is he a really good QB on a very bad team? Is a kid on a really good team that makes him look much better than he really is?
It’s really not a fair question in a forum such as this. If we were all coaches, it would be a good question to ask.
Just because a kid may be short or tall or be able to throw the ball long, doesn’t make a kid bad or good. IMO, it’s more about the decisions he makes, leadership, and of course, his abilities.
Just my opinion.

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

1. Shanks Waverly- he is great from the pocket. Throws the ball very well ball comes out clean and throws his receivers open. He has a special ability to anticipate routes as well as any high school QB I have watched in a long time. Talented kid who has all the tools to be playing QB on Saturdays huge fan of this kid and his ability as a QB.
2. Moore Athens -elite athlete and throws the ball well. Is a match up nightmare and is getting better each week. He is a great talent at the QB spot and he is dangerous in running game too. Think he is a big time talent at the QB spot too.
These two are the best that I have watched or saw play this year.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:38 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:25 pm Dumb. Is this 1964 college basketball? A lot of freshman are older than some sophomores
Joe Burrow wasn’t allowed to play varsity as a freshman
How was Athens varsity doing when Burrows was a freshman?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:32 pm How was Athens varsity doing when Burrows was a freshman?
10-0. Germano was QB by the end of the season. The RB got hurt late that season which hurt week 10 and in the playoffs. Germano moved to California the next season and was the starting QB on a D1 playoff school for two seasons. Had multiple D1 offers but was a genius and took an academic scholarship. Now a software engineer for Facebook

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

What size was Burrow as a freshman? Had a big time team then, no rush. Freshman QB at bigger schools are rare. Jackson has 1 that I can name going back to the 60’s. Michael Morgan) Jacob Winters has played QB and looks good but he’s in 2-3 possessions a game. He’s also 6’2 210.

Jared Humphreys, Joey Boggs, Hunter Sexton all had to wait until sophomore years to QB

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

He was around his sophomore year. 6’ 150 or 160. That team was power I and Germano was big. In 2012 it was going to be Germano at QB and Burrow at TE. 12 was the same year Nathan White came back to Athens from coaching at Tri Valley

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ohio University is a blessing and a curse. Athens has by far the best history of kids playing D1 but we have also lost a bunch of those kids at the last minute to a coaching change. Just imagine building a team around a D1 QB and RB and them move right before high school. That class just lost its entire identity

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

A healthy Haydn Shanks for sure - another year remaining. What’s he’s done injured this year is amazing...

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:35 pm Moore's from Athens highlights are good (saw him in the Jackson film), the kid from Waverly as mentioned above as well is good.

Put the freshman kid from Jackson on this list for next year, in his first several touches (run/pass) against us went to the house. He is going to be the real deal given his build.
I made it down for that game. Kid was awesome. Running everywhere and his passes could have had two long perfect touchdowns but a penalty and the other was dropped in the end zone. He looked the part.

Best I have seen this year is Shanks. Hope I can make the Burg game. I haven’t seen Moore.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Andronis for valley is really good really dynamic runner and underrated passer
Last edited by Izladoom on Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Izladoom wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:02 pm Andronis for valley is really dynamic runner and underrated passer

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ve only seen about 1/8 of the QBs. Be nice to hear who some others are. Over 300 guests are reading right now. Be nice if more posted from all areas. Gotta be more than a few good QBs. Let’s hear about them

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I know the record doesn't show it, but the Gullion boy from Piketon is only a sophomore but has a heck of an arm on him.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:33 pm I know the record doesn't show it, but the Gullion boy from Piketon is only a sophomore but has a heck of an arm on him.
That’s a Piketon last name

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:35 pm Moore's from Athens highlights are good (saw him in the Jackson film), the kid from Waverly as mentioned above as well is good.

Put the freshman kid from Jackson on this list for next year, in his first several touches (run/pass) against us went to the house. He is going to be the real deal given his build.
Is he the River Valley transfer?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

WellstonLover wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:52 pm

Yes he came to Jackson when he was in 7th grade.

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:56 pm
WellstonLover wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:52 pm

Yes he came to Jackson when he was in 7th grade.
So short answer, yes. River Valley transfer. Cool. I’m glad we don’t have to play the SEO all stars anymore. So over losing to a school that has to take the best of multiple schools to be good.

Return to “Football”