Where have the old posters gone ? (Improvement Discussion)

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: Where have the old posters gone ? (Improvement Discussion)

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

mattash wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:33 am
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:30 am I’m not sure when the site started, but I think I’ve been on here for FB for a while.

I really enjoy this site.. I’ve scaled back on posting, espy, this year.

I still love the site. I’ve kinda had to force myself away, or I’d be in here too much.

Have just been focusing on a heavy 2-3 year push to work as much as I can and exit my job at Disney and retire early to Ironton.

I’m really homesick and have realized how short life is.

@ 56 now, if the good Lord wills it so, I wanna be done here at 59 & back home to enjoy some tiger sports before the clock starts ticking faster than it has the past two years!

Man, Time flies in your 50’s!

Time to come home!!
That's cool man.
Thanks Matt. You do a great job on here. I appreciate you.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:10 am JJhuddle in its prime was 2nd to none.
Pre trolls, pre stupidity.
A time when 90% of the posts, replies & insight were actually football related.
HeII I got gonged from JJpuddle for referring to Steubenville as Steubenville. After my sentence was served they tried to force me to refer to them as whatever they call that horse. I refused, got gonged again and that was the end of me. I certainly wasn't going to pay that jackass to post on there either. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Ground Buck
All Conference

Re: Where have the old posters gone ?

Post by Ground Buck »

Paladin wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:03 pm Been here a long time. Still giving it my all........lol
Nah, you've toned it down a lot. Makes me think it was a different person using your name on the old forum. I miss ripping his azs and proving him wrong daily. So please bring back the old Paladin. I also miss him giving us our daily dose of "if you thought I was a great player you should have seen me coach." :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Ground Buck wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:58 pm
Paladin wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:03 pm Been here a long time. Still giving it my all........lol
Nah, you've toned it down a lot. Makes me think it was a different person using your name on the old forum. I miss ripping his azs and proving him wrong daily. So please bring back the old Paladin. I also miss him giving us our daily dose of "if you thought I was a great player you should have seen me coach." :mrgreen:

Paladin...he's my hero! Always gave Ironton fans a wheel barrow full of crap! Loved it! :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

whatever tills yer garden bobbbbbbbbbb. I loved riding home from those games with a big win as well. because we gave them a wheelbarrol full of our crushing run game.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:33 pm whatever tills yer garden bobbbbbbbbbb. I loved riding home from those games with a big win as well. because we gave them a wheelbarrol full of our crushing run game.
Keep posting Bait, Everyone on this site knows that you are a Tiger Alum and a very big tiger fan. The one thing that I appreciate is the fact that you can post 99% of the time, and yet not show the anger and bitterness that you see from quite a few posters on this site. There are a few posters on here that are like a pack of wolves, and if anyone ( not just you ) doesn't agree with there point of view, or has a different take on something, they then get together and surround that particular person, and then try to demean that person. I've wondered at times if possibly some of these people were either neglected as a child, or mayby even abused ? Then again, it could also be that the light may be getting a little dimmer upstairs by the day, and really needs to be changed. Keep up the good work, I for one enjoy your posts.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:24 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:33 pm whatever tills yer garden bobbbbbbbbbb. I loved riding home from those games with a big win as well. because we gave them a wheelbarrol full of our crushing run game.
Keep posting Bait, Everyone on this site knows that you are a Tiger Alum and a very big tiger fan. The one thing that I appreciate is the fact that you can post 99% of the time, and yet not show the anger and bitterness that you see from quite a few posters on this site. There are a few posters on here that are like a pack of wolves, and if anyone ( not just you ) doesn't agree with there point of view, or has a different take on something, they then get together and surround that particular person, and then try to demean that person. I've wondered at times if possibly some of these people were either neglected as a child, or mayby even abused ? Then again, it could also be that the light may be getting a little dimmer upstairs by the day, and really needs to be changed. Keep up the good work, I for one enjoy your posts.
I remember when you could disagree without it turning into a huge fight lol
We use to be able to talk a little smack and laugh about it if we had to eat crow. Now people get personal with it and things get taken way to far.....

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Mostly ny people get to personal.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:24 am
kantucky wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:26 am jj Huddle went to pot when JJ started charging new members. I was there in the early 2000's. He started kicking people off for silly stuff. They'd get another user name and then hand him ten more dollars. He kicked me off because I said (jokingly) women's brains weren't evolved enough to serve as AD's when someone asked had they ever heard of woman being an AD. He said I was kicked off for my derogatory statement about women. Unlike many others, he wasn't getting my ten dollars.

Prince Trojan was the funniest poster ever! Bar NONE! Big Orange One was right there with him. BOO must have had a dozen user names. Lord he could stir the pot like no one else
Prince Trojan was awesome!

He was actually Brutus first - and had a sidekick Blaster. They were both hilarious. But eventually I think he was either booted or lost his log in and signed back up under Prince Trojan.

I had a good time meeting and hanging out with a lot of those guys from down in Southern Ohio. Biggdowgg, Ozzie, Trojan Dave, TigerTownTurkey, etc ...
PLH TTT GO TROJANS BRD will have the troops ready!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Free pmow3!!!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

dilligaf wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:55 pm Mostly ny people get to personal.
You can most certainly believe that the people I was referring to, were not NY people.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:04 pm
You can most certainly believe that the people I was referring to, were not NY people.
As my post was not meant for you. My post was meant for ground chuck to get a rise out of him. Everyone needs to lighten up a little on here gezz

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

mattash wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:31 pm I wish we did have enough engagement. I would have two football forums. One for serious football talk and one for all goes smack talk. I like the both of worlds but not everyone is like that.
I wish you would open one up where the people with skin thicker than wet toilet paper could post.I will even help if thats what you need to do it.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

dilligaf wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:52 pm
As my post was not meant for you. My post was meant for ground chuck to get a rise out of him. Everyone needs to lighten up a little on here gezz
Was not meant to be personal against you either.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

:
VetteMan wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:17 am
dilligaf wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:52 pm

Was not meant to be personal against you either.
:)

dpatty
Freshman Team

Post by dpatty »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:04 pm Feelz get hurt on teh message boards
I’ve seen it recently. Period.

Lol.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

coop wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:15 pmFree pmow3!!!!
I tried to get him to come back

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I enjoy yours as well. thank you. I mean man , life's too short. just be friendly to every one, and bless them with kindness. this is high school football we are talking about. with kids 14/18. they already have enough going on with school, bullies, raging hormones, family life, studies, girlfriend's, weight lifting and the like. we need to be a light for them. and respect each and every opponent and program. I love the silliness and banter as well as anybody. and I'm responsible for a lot of it. but I want everybody to thrive southern football wise. and I could care less who transferred where to play. open enrollment is here to stay. and every school has it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:55 pm
I remember when you could disagree without it turning into a huge fight lol
We use to be able to talk a little smack and laugh about it if we had to eat crow. Now people get personal with it and things get taken way to far.....
amen onb, that's the fun part about spending time here. it's why we look forward to it each time we log on.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

JJHUDDLE.COM went to hell after he sold the site. The new owners still used his name after making a deal with JJ to do so. I know after talking to JJ in Cincinnati that he was close to starting a new site but after the new deal he worked out with them financial wise, that never came to be. J J's at its high point was 2nd to none. Back then you could pretty much find out about any game you wanted and get a boat load of info on it.

Return to “Football”