Gallia Academy 0 - 52 Ironton

seoinsider
Waterboy

Re: G.O.W. WK9 Ironton @ Gallia Academy (OVC Chip)

Post by seoinsider »

frankie wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:38 pm seoinsider trolls Coach Pendleton's facebook and then registers here to make this his first post. SMFH :roll: .
To the others that piled on, cowards hide behind a keyboard. Man up and make your recruiting accusations to his face, then
let us know how that worked out for you.
Next time I see coach I'll ask for an answer to my question.

You can see from the attempt at intimidation I have to remain anonimous to protect my sources.

- Touching the third rail of SE Ohio Sports

Because the other guys are too afraid to say it.
seoinsider
Waterboy

Post by seoinsider »

Ema wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:18 pm Penrod is drinking his white claw and listening to opera while he is putting the game plan together. Pendleton is out running trains and jumping buildings in a single bound. There is absolutely no way that Gallia Academy can compete with the Tigers. I fear for safety of these kids from Gallia. Ironton should just stay home and send up their 8th grade to make this a fair contest.
My inside sources at The Academy tell me the pressure is on the boys up front. Ironton has been pushing around the boys in blue for generations.

Saunders... Bok... Eddy... Penrod...

What they all have in common is a lack of physicality to compete with ironton.

And i herd the o line coach is from Wellston? That can't instill confidence.

- Touching the third rail of SE Ohio Sports

Because the other guys are too afraid to say it.
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I played on a GA team that beat Ironton ! I know what's going on running high ! Block out the out side world play the game ! Big game good Luck GAHS .
Last edited by Geronimo on Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:57 pm
svac83 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:53 am Let me say anyone who knows me or reads my posts here know that I don’t try to be disrespectful to anyone. And if calling a tiger a kitty cat is considered disrespectful and just not good clean fun. Then I think you are whacked in the head.

I root for the tigers most weeks of the year. Heck I wish you were 8-0 that would make beating ironton just a little bit sweeter.

I hope both teams have a injury free game and great playoff runs. But for this week. Relax and have a little fun. I think all the remarks about Gallia not playing anyone and how Gallia academy is this big school are hilarious. And my remarks were meant in the same spirit.

But as far as the game goes I think this is 2011, 2012, 2018 all over again two good teams going at it. One team will probably dominate most of the game but the other team will have the ball late in the 4th quarter with a chance to win. And what happens in those last few minutes will decide the league probably.

But I don’t think there is a sole from ironton that saw Gallia academy celebrate and pull out there league banner on there field that would not like to return the favor this week. If you don’t feel that way then I must say I don’t understand what makes you tick.

So I hop you guys bring a great crowd it has been a long time since we saw memorial field surrounded with people standing 3 or 4 rows deep hopefully we get it Friday night.
no you said you absolutely hated the tigers.
Yep and hate is the right word. I do not hate ironton tiger fans or ironton football players. I hate ironton football. Which I think at least In my point of view someone saying they hate my team is the biggest form of flattery. Right now high school college or pro ironton football is the only team I hate. Over the years in the 70’s I hated the big red machine my pirates won two World Series but for how many years could we just not beat those reds.

I only hate teams that my team never really has any success against at all. So for me to say I hate your team is me giving full respect and telling you that you have pretty much owned my team. That may not be how other people use it but is how I use it.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

seoinsider wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:08 pm
Ema wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:18 pm Penrod is drinking his white claw and listening to opera while he is putting the game plan together. Pendleton is out running trains and jumping buildings in a single bound. There is absolutely no way that Gallia Academy can compete with the Tigers. I fear for safety of these kids from Gallia. Ironton should just stay home and send up their 8th grade to make this a fair contest.
My inside sources at The Academy tell me the pressure is on the boys up front. Ironton has been pushing around the boys in blue for generations.

Saunders... Bok... Eddy... Penrod...

What they all have in common is a lack of physicality to compete with ironton.

And i herd the o line coach is from Wellston? That can't instill confidence.
I don’t think they got pushed around last year just the opposite for the biggest part of 40 years yes. The Gallia academy line coach is fantastic

victor creed
Varsity

Re: Having a difficult, even agonizing, decision on which team – either Ironton or Gallia Academy – to choose for those

Post by victor creed »

Agree it’s a tough pick this week has about 5 pickums imo

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Where is best places to park for this game? Ohio Valley Bank? Gallipolis middle school? Hope someone can help? Thanks

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

seoinsider wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:11 pm I have received more info from many area coaches.

Could just be the old rumour mill, but hopefully these have been forwarded to the proper authorities for investigasion....

I think you need to give it a rest. You don’t know any of those kids personally. Spreading rumors about high school boys being on steroids isn’t something “funny” or “a joke.” A lot of people don’t know the situations of those kids and I would suggest they stay quiet unless they do. There’s a lot people don’t know.

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

seoinsider wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:11 pm I have received more info from many area coaches.

Could just be the old rumour mill, but hopefully these have been forwarded to the proper authorities for investigasion....

Also posting a picture calling kids out by their numbers with a topic that serious? People could read that and believe it. You should be ashamed.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Hey gang,

pal and I plan on coming to this. Anyone recommend good places to eat in the French City? Or any good places within reasonable distance of the game that are accessible either from the Rt 35/OH-160 eastward or Rt 7 southward directions of travel? How is the parking situation at Memorial Field — where are good places to park publicly in proximity to the stadium?

(Apologies in advance if this was earlier addressed in the thread — just now opened the thread but a cursory skimming of the pages between the start and where we’re at suggests nothing too informative.)

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Ironton players on the juice? Not buying it. If they were on the juice they would have at least beat Ashland!

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:48 pm
frankie wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:07 pm Where did I say anything about physical assault?
What else would be implied by your statement? That he would make funny faces at me like this🤪🤨😤
yes he probably would at you, child.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

I’m sorry but I have to thank you guys. I needed the laugh today. “The Academy”.
I laugh every time I read it.

Enjoy your evening folks. Thanks to all.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:03 pm Hey gang,

pal and I plan on coming to this. Anyone recommend good places to eat in the French City? Or any good places within reasonable distance of the game that are accessible either from the Rt 35/OH-160 eastward or Rt 7 southward directions of travel? How is the parking situation at Memorial Field — where are good places to park publicly in proximity to the stadium?

(Apologies in advance if this was earlier addressed in the thread — just now opened the thread but a cursory skimming of the pages between the start and where we’re at suggests nothing too informative.)
No real great places to park, unless you are handicap and can park by the field. Decent parking at Ohio Valley Bank, the Methodist church, the middle school, or off street parking. All are a good walk, either down stairs or down the hill.

Eats are all up town about 10 minutes or less, depending on traffic, unless you go to Shake Shoppe, which is downtown. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings, Tuscany (Italian place) a new China One, El Torrel, (spelled wrong I think, it's a Mexican eatery) all your fast food, Wendy's to McD's. Pizza Hut, Lorobi's pizza.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

svac83 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:16 pm First of all, let me say I hate the ironton tigers. I am not originally from Gallia county moved here as a kid the first game I remember attending I was like 8. It was the night Gallia academy broke irontons streak.

Over the years Gallia academy has had a lot of great teams find a way to lose to ironton. There was a mystique there. They had a mental edge. Shoot Gallia academy dropped ironton a few years ago because they could not compete with them. I think we lost 21 out of 23 or something like that.

But these kids don’t know that ironton does not hold the mystic over these kids that they hold over the rest of this league. To these guys ironton is just like any other team.

Now the reason why I started this post. I hate that Gallia fans talk like playing on memorial field is such an advantage. Maybe at one time it was. If it is a advantage now it is because it is a grass field. Because most teams don’t play a game on grass that often anymore. Gallia has played what 7 out of 8 weeks on grass so far?

I don’t think mud or a wet field gives Gallia any extra advantage. In I think 2011 this was last time this game meant something and was in mud at memorial field. Both teams struggled. But it was ironton that broke the big plays.

Gallia had a chance to win with a few seconds left and a wide open receiver fell in a wet muddy end zone not a ironton player. So let’s quit talking about things that don’t matter.

Gallia will win this game because they are just better... And we want to send the little orange and black kitty cat back down the river. With a big fat L on it’s back. And it is time the people down there realize there is a new power center in this league and it is in the old French city. Go Blue.

Now little kitties go back and hide in your little corner.
This is such great post. This kid gets it. poor dude grew up every year watching fighting tigers decimate his hero’s. Heck one year the fighting tigers beat his hero’s twice in two weeks. Might have been “the academy’s” best team ever.

now it’s ironton week again. he’s mustering up
the testicular fortitude to go watch again. The kids l, even though they won two years straight, have to bust up
old cars and wear ugly ironton shirts to get fired up to play.
I appreciate this post. he’s right. the past is the past. Gallia is king and until someone beats them, they are the king. I’ll be there tomorrow. I hope the lights stay on and I hope no one steps in a gopher hole. good luck to all. stay injury free boys

Lookiehere
Waterboy

Post by Lookiehere »

I’ll take tigers by 3 scores. I’d like to see the second string get in. I hear they are a 4 or 5 place team in the varsity conference

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Rvfan wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:17 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:03 pm Hey gang,

No real great places to park, unless you are handicap and can park by the field. Decent parking at Ohio Valley Bank, the Methodist church, the middle school, or off street parking. All are a good walk, either down stairs or down the hill.

Eats are all up town about 10 minutes or less, depending on traffic, unless you go to Shake Shoppe, which is downtown. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings, Tuscany (Italian place) a new China One, El Torrel, (spelled wrong I think, it's a Mexican eatery) all your fast food, Wendy's to McD's. Pizza Hut, Lorobi's pizza.
Thank you!!

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

No Armstrong for academy makes devils duds. Ironton controls tempo and the line of scrimmage and holds Gallia to their lowest point total of the season.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><>>>>>>>>>>

A few other finer points

#1 The rules are the same for everyone.
Recruiting is normal. It is 2019. Not 1982. If that is a source of sensitivity for anyone they should probably walk away from following the sport. Whining about it in any capacity just shows you are antiquated.

#2. Wheelersburg fans are the softest demographic on this platform. Let them do their jobs of representing fragility on this platform. They do it best.

3. Penrod, "the academy", and the entire OVC can go ahead and get their chapstick and get ready to kiss some Orange and Black Ass!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Geronimo wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:20 pm From turf to mud ! GA has the edge.
Looks like a 10% chance of rain, hopefully the weather holds up.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Calpreps -

Ironton ---------- 26
Gallia Academy - 8

Drew Pasteur - Gallia Academy win by 2

Return to “Football”