Ironton 48 - 7 Portsmouth OVC CHIP

kantucky
Varsity

Re: Portsmouth (8-1) -vs- Ironton (8-1) OVC CROWN

Post by kantucky »

Come on, serious Bobbbbb? Do you really believe that stuff you wrote? you're entitled to believe what you do but still. Ironton RULED in the 80's..only 6 regular season loses in a decade. How many regional championships?

(Corrected loses in 80's in regular season to 6)
Last edited by kantucky on Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:18 am
kantucky wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:09 am Wow, the excitement for this game just continues to build! This is what makes HS football the best.

I said a few weeks ago to some Ironton fans that we best not take Portsmouth lightly. These, ordinarily savvy gentlemen, quickly dismissed my comment and returned to their conversation about the Gallia Academy game. However, I don't believe for a minute that Coach Pendleton is taking this game for granted. He's learned a lot in the last year. Not only has Ironton improved but so has he. Who can mock our defense? That's silly

I find it amusing that so many Burg fans seemingly cannot let week 1 go and are itching for a rematch. I think deep down that they actually fear that their days as 'king of the hill' are coming to an end. I'm not saying it is, just saying I think those thoughts scare them, haunt them in their sleep, steals their sense of security and they wrestle with anxiety and self-doubt and feelings of worthlessness.

Now as for me, I've always held their program in high-esteem. They don't quit, and looking at where they're now ranked, that's still true.

We've always been "king of the hill" ...back in your so called "hey day" you were a bigger school and now that the size is comparable, things have changed! I've heard the BS, Burg would've got stomped by Ironton back in the 80's and 90's... well, if you'd care to check, Burg in '89 beat the team (Warren Kennedy) in the state finals, that beat (Campbell Memorial) during the regular season... the same team you all struggled with, but beat in '89 state finals! Since you all are experts at score comparison, I guess that means we would've kicked your alls a**es back in your "hey day" in '89! I find it amusing that you all talk crap about your helmets being the most "iconic" in the state...with schools like MOONEY, ST. ED., ST. IGGY, STEUBENVILLE, MOELLER, COLDWATER, MARION LOCAL etc., etc., you people have the most "inflated egos" in the state! You brag about your "ragged a**" tiger bus that everyone joked about because it was always breaking down on the highway,! You haven't done squat in a decade, yet you come on here after recruiting 8 or 9 players in less than 1 school year, turn your mediocre team into a good team, then thump your chest like you've always been the stuff, arrogant! Let me tell you something, 'tucky... who was no where to be found these last few DOWN Ironton years! I PROMISE YOU!!! BURG DOES NOT FEAR IRONTON OR FEAR LOSING THEIR POSITION IN THE AREA!!! A winning heart and attitude is instilled in these kids from a young age...academics, sports and in their everyday walk in life, the teachers, are 2nd to NONE...the administration, 2nd to NONE...football coaching staff, 2nd to NONE...their entire sports program and coaching staffs... 2nd to none and community support, 2ND to NONE! That's why we produced a State Champion football team just 2 years ago (2017) that eats at the heart of tiger fans to this day! That's why we produced the state of Ohio's ONLY Nat'l Little League "WORLD CHAMPION"!!! Fear YOU! Now that's amusing!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ole Bob just can’t get enough the Tigers. Come join us on Friday night, we know ya want to. That week 1 loss really got to ya. This thread is about Portsmouth and Ironton but you just have to bring Burg into it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:07 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:45 pm
Bobbbbbb wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:18 am

We've always been "king of the hill" ...back in your so called "hey day" you were a bigger school and now that the size is comparable, things have changed! I've heard the BS, Burg would've got stomped by Ironton back in the 80's and 90's... well, if you'd care to check, Burg in '89 beat the team (Warren Kennedy) in the state finals, that beat (Campbell Memorial) during the regular season... the same team you all struggled with, but beat in '89 state finals! Since you all are experts at score comparison, I guess that means we would've kicked your alls a**es back in your "hey day" in '89! I find it amusing that you all talk crap about your helmets being the most "iconic" in the state...with schools like MOONEY, ST. ED., ST. IGGY, STEUBENVILLE, MOELLER, COLDWATER, MARION LOCAL etc., etc., you people have the most "inflated egos" in the state! You brag about your "ragged a**" tiger bus that everyone joked about because it was always breaking down on the highway,! You haven't done squat in a decade, yet you come on here after recruiting 8 or 9 players in less than 1 school year, turn your mediocre team into a good team, then thump your chest like you've always been the stuff, arrogant! Let me tell you something, 'tucky... who was no where to be found these last few DOWN Ironton years! I PROMISE YOU!!! BURG DOES NOT FEAR IRONTON OR FEAR LOSING THEIR POSITION IN THE AREA!!! A winning heart and attitude is instilled in these kids from a young age...academics, sports and in their everyday walk in life, the teachers, are 2nd to NONE...the administration, 2nd to NONE...football coaching staff, 2nd to NONE...their entire sports program and coaching staffs... 2nd to none and community support, 2ND to NONE! That's why we produced a State Champion football team just 2 years ago (2017) that eats at the heart of tiger fans to this day! That's why we produced the state of Ohio's ONLY Nat'l Little League "WORLD CHAMPION"!!! Fear YOU! Now that's amusing!:lol: :lol: :lol:
I call BS, name the 8 or 9 Transfers in one year lol, exaggerate much lol.

The only difference is Burg gets 4 years out of their transfers. CB numbers don’t lie.....
Yeah, some come in jr. high and play sports in high school, there's a big difference in coming in and going out and getting! ;)
Can’t think of anything better so you just accuse Ironton of all these things. Must get tiring. You don’t know those kids stories, stop pushing this narrative lmao.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:21 pm
frankie wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:56 am EPIC meltdown there boobbbb. by gawd you tell it :lol: :lol: :lol:

No meltdown chump... you flap your gums on here enough, huh? Just get tired of the "oooooooo everybody is scared of the tigers! " You all think you're the center of the universe... you're not! I can't wait till the playoffs loss comes and the usual..."we got CHEE-TUD!!! :lol: you just got a bad case of.... :mrgreen:
Booobbb you need help, Tigers are living rent free in yer head. No one is scared of your pirates either. No you think the burg is the center of the universe. I would love for the Tigers to get you in the playoffs and hear you cryin like the chump (I am being nice with chump) you are. Your butt is still hurting from week 1. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

As a neutral fan , I don’t see Wheelersburg being able to beat Ironton in a rematch.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

kantucky wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:36 am
victor creed wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:28 am If burg and ironton are going to see each other again, it will be week 13. There is no sense in even discussing it right now. Ironton, IMO will win this week and be the #1 team in the region. Burg will wind up 2 or 3 and that will mean a round 2 matchup with Ridgewood who is the #1 ranked team in the region (by Drew Pasture ) and ironton will get more than likely an Amanda or col academy team round 2. Of course both have to win round 1. There is still a ton of football to be played before a rematch.
I agree 100%, silly to discuss this game that might not even happen. I do understand their desire for a rematch but that's a long way away if it happens. Ironton still has Portsmouth to deal with. If Portsmouth could win this one I would imagine it could earn them a home playoff game, round 1? Does that seem plausible?
According to Pasteur's figurings, if Portsmouth wins they will be the 4 seed

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

522Pirate wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:29 pm
kantucky wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:36 am
victor creed wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:28 am If burg and ironton are going to see each other again, it will be week 13. There is no sense in even discussing it right now. Ironton, IMO will win this week and be the #1 team in the region. Burg will wind up 2 or 3 and that will mean a round 2 matchup with Ridgewood who is the #1 ranked team in the region (by Drew Pasture ) and ironton will get more than likely an Amanda or col academy team round 2. Of course both have to win round 1. There is still a ton of football to be played before a rematch.
I agree 100%, silly to discuss this game that might not even happen. I do understand their desire for a rematch but that's a long way away if it happens. Ironton still has Portsmouth to deal with. If Portsmouth could win this one I would imagine it could earn them a home playoff game, round 1? Does that seem plausible?
According to Pasteur's figurings, if Portsmouth wins they will be the 4 seed
Wow, there is a lot riding on this game then. I have said for weeks this is going to be a tough game for Ironton. If they play like they done against Gallia, I could see them winning the state but to play like that here out? that's tough, they done EVERYTHING right last Friday night. Almost had to feel for Gallia cause I believe they're a better program than that score reflects. They just ran into a well oiled machine that was hitting on all cylinders that night

I can't wait for Friday! can't believe it's only five bucks to get that kind of entertainment!!!

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

frankie wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:05 pm
Bobbbbbb wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:21 pm
frankie wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:56 am EPIC meltdown there boobbbb. by gawd you tell it :lol: :lol: :lol:

No meltdown chump... you flap your gums on here enough, huh? Just get tired of the "oooooooo everybody is scared of the tigers! " You all think you're the center of the universe... you're not! I can't wait till the playoffs loss comes and the usual..."we got CHEE-TUD!!! :lol: you just got a bad case of.... :mrgreen:
Booobbb you need help, Tigers are living rent free in yer head. No one is scared of your pirates either. No you think the burg is the center of the universe. I would love for the Tigers to get you in the playoffs and hear you cryin like the chump (I am being nice with chump) you are. Your butt is still hurting from week 1. :lol: :lol: :lol:
My butt hurting? :lol: 1 game isn't as bad as the "anal therapy" you all received for the previous 8 years! :o By the way, I was responding to the BS kantucky was spinning on self doubt and feeling worthless! A little much, but not surprising from a fan of the "world beaters"!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Can someone guide me to the Portsmouth vs Ironton thread? This is the Ironton vs burg rematch thread.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Bobbbbb, I was just worrying about you guys. I mean, I really like Burg's program and I've not been timid about stating so many times. However....are you telling me you're not experiencing any trepidation at all about your future? no nagging thoughts that you can't escape? a feeling of doom? If not, that's awesome. I know how much you love your team. That's super duper cool dooper!

IN the mean time, let's talk about the pesky Trojan's coming to Tank Stadium. They are 100% confident that they're going to win it this Friday night. I know one guy who claimed he was going to give 40 points and take all comers. I think he's a bit full of it though

Here's where the action is!
Attachments
bblutfield.jpg

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Who cares about burg?

This is Portsmouth and Ironton

134th meeting
66-66-2
2nd oldest rivalry in the state
Playoff implications
OVC title
8-1 vs 8-1
Burg who??

Until the pounding Ironton put on Gallia I wasn’t convinced they were as good as advertised, but after that I’m rather impressed.
Portsmouth has quietly put together a very good season. Defense isn’t dominate, but is much improved from previous years, and has a bend but don’t break kinda mentality.
I look for Ironton to load the box, to try and slow Parker. Ironton has historically been weak against the pass, Portsmouth has a pretty good QB in Rowe, and solid WR with Wallace Purdy and Duncan at TE. I look for the Trojans to try and get the quick pass game going early and often, which will open up for Parker, and as good as Carrrico from Ironton is, if Parker gets just the smallest step on him he is gone.

Biggest this game has been since probably early 2000s. I can’t wait.
GO TROJANS
TANK THIS !!!!!!

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

You'll have to prove you can pass against Ironton. You'll not win by just running the ball. As good as Mr. Parker is (and I know the kid runs fast as the wind) he'll not do it without the benefit of showing you can pass or that your O-line can stop Ironton's rush

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

kantucky wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:52 pm You'll have to prove you can pass against Ironton. You'll not win by just running the ball. As good as Mr. Parker is (and I know the kid runs fast as the wind) he'll not do it without the benefit of showing you can pass or that your O-line can stop Ironton's rush
Agreed, I have been very impressed with Rowe at QB though. I believe he will be able to throw on the tigers if the line can give him time. The line will be the big question ,can they get him time to throw? I think if we stick to quick passes they can, but I expect he will get beat around and take some hits as well. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

kantucky wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:52 pm You'll have to prove you can pass against Ironton. You'll not win by just running the ball. As good as Mr. Parker is (and I know the kid runs fast as the wind) he'll not do it without the benefit of showing you can pass or that your O-line can stop Ironton's rush

Sophomore qb drew roe has three really good receivers to throw to and has passed for over 1,000 yards in his first varsity year, I'm thinking somewhere around 1,300 yards ,that being said he hasn't seen a d line like Ironton s

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

This could be 1 of 2 weeks in a row the Trojans will play Ironton. Good chance they will be right back week 11

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

When was last time Portsmouth lost in Spartan. I predict a Portsmouth home playoff game also.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

It's been at least ten years siiwe lost at Spartan maybe 11

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I agree with everything that is being said about Parker, and I know the QB from PHS can be a threat throwing the ball. To me one of the most important things will be the Trojans defense, can they stop the power running that the tigers are very capable of ? The Tigers can throw the ball if need be, but I wonder if they just pound the ball by running it, is the Trojans defense good enough to be able to get some stops ? I know the Trojans have a lot of speed, are they physical enough on both sides of the line ? I haven't seen the Trojans play this year, I have seen the Tigers. Should be a great crowd, great atmosphere. With week 11 coming up later, and both teams in the Playoffs, lets hope both teams have an injury free game.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:45 pm Ashland beat you and wWheelersburg will beat you in 2-3 weeks. And Russell would be a tossup
Burg is the most over rated, inflated program this season. Easily. Went from being 5 deep at every position in preseason according to their fan base - to being sickly and talking about their wonderful "community unity" by week 2. 😂😂😂

Maybe it's a hidden mic thing. I'm not entirely certain, but I have no idea what Burg is yapping about? The fan base has been overselling more than a local armory pro wrestling show and at the same time, are more sensitive and fragile than Joe Glass. The Pirates haven't looked themselves since they got pinched trying to swerve a team in the playoffs last season.

Unfortunately, Wheelersburg was only able to maintain the crown in southern ohio for a short period and it became too heavy. So it goes. It is tough when life reminds you the natural order of things.

#Scoreboard

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

How come Parker is a 3 star and Carrico is a 4 star?

How come Ohio States interest in Parker "cooled.?"

How come Carrico's listed 40 time is 4.58 and Parkers is 4.68?

Return to “Football”