Ironton 48 - 7 Portsmouth OVC CHIP

12gauge
Freshman Team

Re: Portsmouth (8-1) -vs- Ironton (8-1) OVC CROWN

Post by 12gauge »

Both are very talented players,both will have a huge impact on this game. Hoping for a great game!

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:29 pm How come Parker is a 3 star and Carrico is a 4 star?

How come Ohio States interest in Parker "cooled.?"

How come Carrico's listed 40 time is 4.58 and Parkers is 4.68?
As for the rating, Parker is being rated as a running back. Carrico as a LB. I think ranking has to do with performance at camps and on the field, academics, your character, how you stack up against your peers at your position. That's at least part of the way rankings work.
I know they have both camped at Ohio State. Buckeyes usually only recruit 4 to 5 star running backs. Don't have a clue about Parker's 40 time but Carrico has been timed at camps put on at different campuses.
I listened to Ed Terwilliger, high school football recruiter at Ohio State, give a talk about the recruiting process and they look at alot more than I ever imagined regarding a recruit.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

frankie wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:38 pm [quote=SpeedKillz post_id=<a href="tel:1813155">1813155</a> time=<a href="tel:1572226194">1572226194</a> user_id=16562]
How come Parker is a 3 star and Carrico is a 4 star?

As for the rating, Parker is being rated as a running back. Carrico as a LB. I think ranking has to do with performance at camps and on the field, academics, your character, how you stack up against your peers at your position. That's at least part of the way rankings work.
I know they have both camped at Ohio State. Buckeyes usually only recruit 4 to 5 star running backs. Don't have a clue about Parker's 40 time but Carrico has been timed at camps put on at different campuses.
I listened to Ed Terwilliger, high school football recruiter at Ohio State, give a talk about the recruiting process and they look at alot more than I ever imagined regarding a recruit.
[/quote]

Good post here, not sure what Parker’s official 40 time is, he looks faster than 4.68, but then again he’s really shifty so that could be it. Carrico can really move for his size. I would say the different positions factor in, academics definitely factor as well. Both are phenomenal players for their teams, their paths will cross many times on Friday night I’m sure. Both young men will be playing at the next level, very proud of both.

Who Dey!
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Yes both have represented their teams and schools well. Both are special talents and it will be fun to watch them Friday night.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Calpreps

Ironton ------ 42
Portsmouth - 13

Drew Pasteur - Ironton wins by 16

I believe Calpreps is way off on this one, should be a lot closer game than they're predicting.

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

No dog in this fight, jus a fan of talent, and carrico and parker definitely have plenty of it. But with all due respect, I haven't seen a kid dominate games like parker for a long time... no trickeration, no gimmicky way to get him the ball, no hiding it, just snap it an hand it off. They have toned his workload down this year, electing to throw some more. And don't think the line is quite as good but I expect the tigers to get plenty of chances to tackle him this week. An if ya remember, they didn't do a bang up job of it last year as he went for 300 an 5 scores in a Portsmouth win. I expect an ironton wins this week but wouldn't be shocked if parker goes ballistic again an Portsmouth pulls it out. Hoping for a classic...

Also on the recruiting note.. Parker is 5'11 190 and a 11.1s 100m guy and saw that he ran a 4.46 @Michigan camp this summer along with a huge broad jump... not sure what's holding back the bigtime offers but he can't do much more on the field.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Rza1 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:23 am No dog in this fight, jus a fan of talent, and carrico and parker definitely have plenty of it. But with all due respect, I haven't seen a kid dominate games like parker for a long time... no trickeration, no gimmicky way to get him the ball, no hiding it, just snap it an hand it off. They have toned his workload down this year, electing to throw some more. And don't think the line is quite as good but I expect the tigers to get plenty of chances to tackle him this week. An if ya remember, they didn't do a bang up job of it last year as he went for 300 an 5 scores in a Portsmouth win. I expect an ironton wins this week but wouldn't be shocked if parker goes ballistic again an Portsmouth pulls it out. Hoping for a classic...

Also on the recruiting note.. Parker is 5'11 190 and a 11.1s 100m guy and saw that he ran a 4.46 @Michigan camp this summer along with a huge broad jump... not sure what's holding back the bigtime offers but he can't do much more on the field.
SEND THAT YOUNG MAN TO ANN ARBOR. WE NEED THAT SPEED IN SPACE :D

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I thought Parker ran the 40 in 3 seconds flat. Of course I’m joking but I still remember him sweeping and escaping containment and it looked like he lit an afterburner. It was amazing seeing him run. We done good till we lost our right linebacker and your coach wisely exploited that. He gets a step on you and you are done

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:29 pm How come Parker is a 3 star and Carrico is a 4 star?

I'll say this, Parker is far below a 4.68 and no offense to Carrico, but no way possible he is quicker than Parker.

Parker ran down James Armstrong from behind within about a 60 yard distance and Armstrong had a 5-10 yard head start. James has posted 40 times in the 4.5 range if I'm not mistaken.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Nothing negative towards any other kid at all but,.......I'd take Reid Carrico over any kid I've seen in the last few years, period. He's THE REAL DEAL.

At Ironton, he's been asked to be an 'about everything man' aside from QB and a kicker and he's excelled at it all. Others might disagree with me but I give him HUGE credit for lifting this team up LAST year against Russell. He picked up the mantle that night and the other kids seemed to follow his lead. That's carried over from last year.

Speaking of Russell, how I'd loved to have had their LB Ethan Sanders at Ironton and he and Reid playing together, oh my!

I get tickled hearing people gripe about Ironton recruiting. Right now I've got a sixth grade great nephew who plays at another school and EXCELS and I'm Begging his mom to move to ironton! Lol I have no qualms about trying to recruit. I'm always doing it :D

Look how many Ironton boys have gotten interest this year already from colleges! It's a smart move to give a kid more of a chance to get a ride.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Both are going to do what they do. Ironton has more pieces. Should win by at least a couple of scores.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

kantucky wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:42 pm Nothing negative towards any other kid at all but,.......I'd take Reid Carrico over any kid I've seen in the last few years, period. He's THE REAL DEAL.

At Ironton, he's been asked to be an 'about everything man' aside from QB and a kicker and he's excelled at it all. Others might disagree with me but I give him HUGE credit for lifting this team up LAST year against Russell. He picked up the mantle that night and the other kids seemed to follow his lead. That's carried over from last year.

Speaking of Russell, how I'd loved to have had their LB Ethan Sanders at Ironton and he and Reid playing together, oh my!

I get tickled hearing people gripe about Ironton recruiting. Right now I've got a sixth grade great nephew who plays at another school and EXCELS and I'm Begging his mom to move to ironton! Lol I have no qualms about trying to recruit. I'm always doing it :D

Look how many Ironton boys have gotten interest this year already from colleges! It's a smart move to give a kid more of a chance to get a ride.

You’re so on Pointe about the recruitment attention #ReidCo to OSU & Coach #PenTon being A Big 10’R has brought to Ironton.

The good ones in the Tri-State are starting to visit IronTon and look around at how they can fit into the:

Puzzle
Piece
Process
next year!

#PPP2020

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

1900's = Portsmouth 8-0
1910's = Portsmouth 7-6-2
1920's = Portsmouth 6-2-2
1930's = Portsmouth 7-3
1940's = Portsmouth 5-4-2
1950's = Portsmouth 6-4
1960's = Portsmouth 6-3
1970's = Ironton 8-2
1980's = Ironton 9-1
1990's = Ironton 8-3
2000's = Ironton 7-5
2010's = Ironton 6-3

Totals = 59-60-6
I think I'm likely missing a few score prior to 1906 because I'm pretty sure we have played more than 125 times.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

BlizzardMan wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:20 pm

I'll say this, Parker is far below a 4.68 and no offense to Carrico, but no way possible he is quicker than Parker.

Parker ran down James Armstrong from behind within about a 60 yard distance and Armstrong had a 5-10 yard head start. James has posted 40 times in the 4.5 range if I'm not mistaken.
Parker catching Armstrong was one of the best plays I’ve seen in a game. The announcer said no one is going to catch him and Parker was in warp speed and ran him down. Pretty amazing play.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:05 pm

Parker catching Armstrong was one of the best plays I’ve seen in a game. The announcer said no one is going to catch him and Parker was in warp speed and ran him down. Pretty amazing play.
Agreed.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

BlizzardMan wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:28 pm

Agreed.
AGREED! Saw on FB via Smartphone video. It was pretty amazing!!!

LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

This game is about way more than two kids. Ironton's defense is the real deal.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I agree

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:30 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:28 pm

Agreed.
AGREED! Saw on FB via Smartphone video. It was pretty amazing!!!
Can you share it. Just post link on here

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”