Ironton 48 - 7 Portsmouth OVC CHIP

vladimir
S

Re: Portsmouth (8-1) -vs- Ironton (8-1) OVC CROWN

Post by vladimir »

That's until he runs into Carrio and Jr. Jones. Ironton has the best defense in the area and they have the speed on D to contain him.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

I watched the ironton vs Ashland game and ironton has the best defense I've seen this year. The Ashland back was a stud and ironton held him in check pretty well.

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Post by BigBoneJerome »

Focus on Parker to much then purdy will burn you. They truly are well rounded this year.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

victor creed wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:49 pm
portsmouth_98 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:18 pm 1900's = Portsmouth 8-0
1910's = Portsmouth 7-6-2
1920's = Portsmouth 6-2-2
1930's = Portsmouth 7-3
1940's = Portsmouth 5-4-2
1950's = Portsmouth 6-4
1960's = Portsmouth 6-3
1970's = Ironton 8-2
1980's = Ironton 9-1
1990's = Ironton 8-3
2000's = Ironton 7-5
2010's = Ironton 6-3

Totals = 59-60-6
I think I'm likely missing a few score prior to 1906 because I'm pretty sure we have played more than 125 times.
Portsmouth 98. Just FYI. I have some info from the athletic dept. it goes back to 1902. It shows
1900s= Portsmouth 8-1-1
1910s= Portsmouth 7-6-2
1920s= Portsmouth 6-2-2
1930s= Portsmouth 7-3-0
1940s= Portsmouth 5-4-2
1950s= Portsmouth 6-4-0
1960s= Portsmouth 6-3-0
1970s= Ironton 7-2-1
1980s= Ironton 9-1-0
1990s= Ironton 7-3-0
2000s= Ironton 7-3-0
2010s= Ironton 6-3-0

Thought this might help I can give you some specific years and scores if you need them.
Thanks, looks like we are pretty close, I'll double check today and make sure I didn't copy something wrong and then we can see where we actually differ.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I can't recall a time when Portsmouth came into a game a bigger underdog as an 8-1 football team. Ironton has been rolling along uncontested since the Ashland game, while the Trojans had to make a 4th quarter comeback vs. Fairland to keep their playoff hopes alive. Portsmouth will have to play near perfect to pull off the upset, but I will say with confidence that the Trojans present one of the most balanced offenses the Fighting Tigers have faced this season.

The Trojans' sophomore QB Drew Roe has matured immensely as the season has progressed, and not only is a very capable passer, but he can scramble for first downs as well. He has also shown that when it's time to throw the ball away, he does just that. Portsmouth has some very good receivers, good enough that Ironton cannot focus just on Talyn Parker. A key Friday night to any offensive success that PHS will have rests with the O-line. Simply put, they will have to play their best against a dominant Ironton D-line.

After what Talyn Parker did to the Fighting Tigers last season, almost singlehandily bringing the Trojans back from a 21-0 deficit to a 35-28 win, I think it's safe to say that the IHS coaching staff will hammer the point to the Tigers defense that Parker will not beat them this year. I would say that the defensive emphasis by Ironton will be to make the Trojans' sophomore QB beat them.

One final point about the game.......Portsmouth's defense has to execute better than they have all season, reason being the Ironton is the best team Portsmouth has faced in 2019. This is one game where the Trojan D can't expect the offense to win the game by simply outscoring the Tigers. That said, the PHS defense has played well the last couple of weeks, especially well against a good Fairland offense.

Portsmouth can win this game, if they keep the mistakes(negative yardage plays,turnovers and penalties) to an absolute minimum. Hopefully the Trojans can get Ironton to play outside their comfort zone. Make them do something different, because if the Fighting Tigers are allowed to play their normal game, it will be very difficult for PHS to leave the Tank with a win.

GO TROJANS!!......FIGHT PORTSMOUTH FIGHT!!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

vladimir wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:23 am That's until he runs into Carrio and Jr. Jones. Ironton has the best defense in the area and they have the speed on D to contain him.
Trimble and Ft. Frye might have something to say about that. Both of them could be better, but we will never know. Obviously Ironton has the best defensive player around.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I know Trimble is good but do you think they see any players the caliber of Mathews from burg Parker from Portsmouth Armstrong gallia carrico from ironton

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I just feel like if ironton played Trimble it would look something like Ohio state vs wisconsin. I could be very wrong but won’t be the first time

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

I know and understand that Trimble has a good program and very proud fans but...ironton vs Trimble this year and almost every year would probably end very badly for Trimble. I believe if ironton played Trimble this year it would look about like ironton playing Gallia. I think the following teams would beat Trimble this year : ironton, burg, Jackson, Waverly, Portsmouth, Gallia. I could be wrong though.

REDMAN
Waterboy

Post by REDMAN »

From an outsider who seen both teams play. I think Talyn Parker will be the best athlete on the field and I think he will make plays happen. Key to the game is can Portsmouth step up. They have more speed but will they be physical or lay down?

Post game. If your in the OU parking lot watch out for the drunks. They will piss anywhere open or not.

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

REDMAN wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:46 pm From an outsider who seen both teams play. I think Talyn Parker will be the best athlete on the field and I think he will make plays happen. Key to the game is can Portsmouth step up. They have more speed but will they be physical or lay down?

Post game. If your in the OU parking lot watch out for the drunks. They will piss anywhere open or not.

Just won’t let that go, will ya? First you started a thread and now you take this onto other threads.

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Post by BigBoneJerome »

REDMAN wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:46 pm From an outsider who seen both teams play. I think Talyn Parker will be the best athlete on the field and I think he will make plays happen. Key to the game is can Portsmouth step up. They have more speed but will they be physical or lay down?

Lol say what

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

VIDEO REMOVED TO STOP TAKING UP SPACE
Enjoyed watching those clips...especially seeing how that was >>>LAST YEAR<<<

Also, appreciate the important safety tip about OU's lot. They need to spread some kitty litter out there on the parking lot or maybe just oil dry so a guy can pee pee there. As for me? no way I'm taking a chance being subjected to possibly walking through a pool of urine knee deep! I'm parking at Central Christian Church's parking lot.

Parker may, or may not be the best athlete on the field but I'll take Carrico as the best myself

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

I see you are still mad. I'd be mad too if my team got skunked and I also wasn't man enough to say something to the parking lot "pisser" if it bothered me that bad. Instead you have brought it up here twice now. We all know how well behaved Rock Hill fans can be.

Your team scored 28 on the Trojans and you were the worse team I saw the Tigers play this year, so I don't think scoring will be a problem for the Tigers. My opinion is Carrico is the best all around player in SEO. Anytime he touches the ball he is capable of taking it to the house and he is a beast on defense. Parker is a good running back, you can't let him get a step on ya or he's gone, but all around I like Carrico. It will be the game to see Friday, come watch if you can get past your anger.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

The second clip is hilarious. He bowls over this poor kid. This is from his sophomore year. You are reminded that Reid Carrico was taken in by Ohio State as a linebacker as well.

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

kantucky wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:23 pm

VIDEO REMOVED TO STOP TAKING UP SPACE
Enjoyed watching those clips...especially seeing how that was >>>LAST YEAR<<<

Also, appreciate the important safety tip about OU's lot. They need to spread some kitty litter out there on the parking lot or maybe just oil dry so a guy can pee pee there. As for me? no way I'm taking a chance being subjected to possibly walking through a pool of urine knee deep! I'm parking at Central Christian Church's parking lot.

Parker may, or may not be the best athlete on the field but I'll take Carrico as the best myself

Best post ever.

Rain boots for me

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Redman after seeing that Tiger Slong

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Join the party redman
9a2e913f6436478e197177cfb15396b0.jpg

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Talked to a guy today who’s watched both teams. He thinks Portsmouth is in big trouble. Ironton probably wins this one by a couple or three scores

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I-TownFanatic wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:13 pm Join the party redman

9a2e913f6436478e197177cfb15396b0.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”