OVC & SOC Merge Talk

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton and the OVC

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

14U wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:25 am
Poo Bear wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:13 am
14U wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:09 am Ironton has been in the league how many years? How many times have the won the OVC? I think with all other sports are competitive. Ironton football has dominated this year only and I would give it a chance as graduation hits every team and see if ironton runs the table for 5 years in a row then you start think 🤔 is this league helping or hurting our football program.
Ironton lost to Ashland, Burg beat Ashland. Why is Ironton being crowned already .
I think they are crowning theirselves in the OVC not the area or tristate. I just don’t think they can keep this up year after year like the lutz era or the burg years. Only time will see
I don't see any of us that really know crowning us anything. we still have a very tough Portsmouth team to go. and we could care less about anything else. and I agree only time will tell if ironton can maintain consistency. I'd love to have that Ashland game back. but you can't fumble 5 times against a team like the Ashland tomcats. anymore than you can compare burg beating Ashland in ot. but ironton destroying burg. each game is different. as the bible says you can't step in the same river twice, because it's always changing. if ironton wins they'll be in sole possession of the trophy. they should be applauded, if they do. look where they were 3 years ago. and as far as burg I could care less. I have wished them continued success after the tiger game. and I expected them to not go away. if we somehow have a rematch with them. then it will show that they both have been playing good ball. and the soc isn't any deeper than the ovc. we'll have 3 teams in there as well gahs, ironton and Portsmouth. actually Portsmouth could fall out of the playoffs with a loss Friday I think.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Look for Portsmouth to stay in it at around #7 even with a loss. A win gets them potentially to #4 and a home game with possibly col academy or Amanda cc as the opposition look for Minford to jump oak hill to #8. Pretty much all that comes from drew Pasteur website

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's great. that would make 3 from the ovc.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Imagine this schedule

Russell
Ashland
Portsmouth
Desales
Jackson
Logan
Burg
Spring Valley
Gallia
St. Charles or Chillicothe

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I’d like for Our schedule to look like that

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

I-TownFanatic wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:59 pm Imagine this schedule

Russell
Ashland
Portsmouth
Desales
Jackson
Logan
Burg
Spring Valley
Gallia
Id say go for it. Nothing like guaranteeing you a spot at home on week 11 with this schedule. :lol: :roll:

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I-TownFanatic wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:59 pm Imagine this schedule

Russell
Ashland
Portsmouth
Desales
Jackson
Logan
Burg
Spring Valley
Gallia
Please NO DeSales, least classiest school I've ever seen! Nasty team, nasty fans

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

How about this
Burg
Zanesville
Ashland
Westerville south
Portsmouth
Gallia academy
Tri valley
Jackson
Portsmouth
Olentangy liberty

Not in this order tho of course

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Maybe even replace somebody with Jonathan alder

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

That kind of schedule prepares you for the playoffs If your div 3 Hartley or Col. desales Or a bigger school. That schedule doesn’t prepare a single southeastern team in this area for the playoffs. It prepares them for basketball season. There is nobody that is deep enough to overcome the injury’s and having to play young people down the depth chart and keep winning. Except maybe Clinton massive. Who is a div 4 team with probably a little more depth. Look at burg for example this year. Maybe a little bit down compared to last year. But open with ironton, lose and come out of that game with your best player hurt. And a couple more dinged up who is next, Hartley, now you gotta go start a sophomore qb his first start cause your best player is hurt who was the guy starting qb last week cause you lost the probable starter for the season 2weeks before the first game. Now your 0-2. Who is next undefeated Ashland. You still don’t have your best player , still hurt Now you should be 0-3. But you squeak out a win. Who’s next division 2 Greenup county and their div one qb, get thru that game with a win get a little more healthy who is next div 3 Jackson who is undefeated best team in years , you get thumped ,now 2-3. And your gonna tell me your gonna play that type of schedule for the next 5 weeks. Your 4-6. Or 5-5. At end of year fans stop coming. Gates drop. No money in athletic system not to mention with that schedule your an independent so you gotta go schedule 5-7 more opponents next year plus all the other sports have to be scheduled travel increases and athletic dept bleeds money. You get the picture. Lol

Truth is you have to have some winnable games in the schedule every year. It helps to be a part of a league and if you just challenge your self once or twice during the year you are better off and just a prepared for week 11. Imo

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

this is what our scedrool is needin to be.
1Burg
2Alarbamar
3ohio versity
4west by god virginie
5ahslands
6cincinati bengals for home comer - garenteed win
7coal gorve - jest cause theyre fun to wach get beat
8by week - to celebrate the win over the grovers
9i think we should play stubenville - I want to see that big fire breething horse
10 get done with regular season with the patriots

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

victor creed wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:42 am That kind of schedule prepares you for the playoffs If your div 3 Hartley or Col. desales Or a bigger school. That schedule doesn’t prepare a single southeastern team in this area for the playoffs. It prepares them for basketball season. There is nobody that is deep enough to overcome the injury’s and having to play young people down the depth chart and keep winning. Except maybe Clinton massive. Who is a div 4 team with probably a little more depth. Look at burg for example this year. Maybe a little bit down compared to last year. But open with ironton, lose and come out of that game with your best player hurt. And a couple more dinged up who is next, Hartley, now you gotta go start a sophomore qb his first start cause your best player is hurt who was the guy starting qb last week cause you lost the probable starter for the season 2weeks before the first game. Now your 0-2. Who is next undefeated Ashland. You still don’t have your best player , still hurt Now you should be 0-3. But you squeak out a win. Who’s next division 2 Greenup county and their div one qb, get thru that game with a win get a little more healthy who is next div 3 Jackson who is undefeated best team in years , you get thumped ,now 2-3. And your gonna tell me your gonna play that type of schedule for the next 5 weeks. Your 4-6. Or 5-5. At end of year fans stop coming. Gates drop. No money in athletic system not to mention with that schedule your an independent so you gotta go schedule 5-7 more opponents next year plus all the other sports have to be scheduled travel increases and athletic dept bleeds money. You get the picture. Lol

Truth is you have to have some winnable games in the schedule every year. It helps to be a part of a league and if you just challenge your self once or twice during the year you are better off and just a prepared for week 11. Imo

I was being sarcastic because old laser breathe didn’t seem to like the first schedule lol

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

But hey when I was at ironton we played every school on that schedule beside tri valley and Westerville south

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Replace tri valley and Westerville with Logan when they were really good and Chillicothe and that’s the schedule I played

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

We have no history with ti valley

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I know I was saying I would like to play them.. I know there coach they had for a while left last year for Granville but there still a good team year in and out that I’d like to play

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I-TownFanatic wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:24 pm We have no history with ti valley
I was saying if you take them and Westerville off and add Logan and Chillicothe that was the teams we played when I was at ironton
Burg
Olentangy liberty
Chillicothe
Zanesville
Logan
Gallia
Portsmouth
Jackson
Marietta
And St Thomas More Canada 🇨🇦 division 1 school I believe at that time

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

victor creed wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:42 am That kind of schedule prepares you for the playoffs If your div 3 Hartley or Col. desales Or a bigger school. That schedule doesn’t prepare a single southeastern team in this area for the playoffs. It prepares them for basketball season. There is nobody that is deep enough to overcome the injury’s and having to play young people down the depth chart and keep winning. Except maybe Clinton massive. Who is a div 4 team with probably a little more depth. Look at burg for example this year. Maybe a little bit down compared to last year. But open with ironton, lose and come out of that game with your best player hurt. And a couple more dinged up who is next, Hartley, now you gotta go start a sophomore qb his first start cause your best player is hurt who was the guy starting qb last week cause you lost the probable starter for the season 2weeks before the first game. Now your 0-2. Who is next undefeated Ashland. You still don’t have your best player , still hurt Now you should be 0-3. But you squeak out a win. Who’s next division 2 Greenup county and their div one qb, get thru that game with a win get a little more healthy who is next div 3 Jackson who is undefeated best team in years , you get thumped ,now 2-3. And your gonna tell me your gonna play that type of schedule for the next 5 weeks. Your 4-6. Or 5-5. At end of year fans stop coming. Gates drop. No money in athletic system not to mention with that schedule your an independent so you gotta go schedule 5-7 more opponents next year plus all the other sports have to be scheduled travel increases and athletic dept bleeds money. You get the picture. Lol

I totally agree with you victor. I mean really. do these people realize we are d5.

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

If we were still in 4 divisions and only had 4 teams per region there would be a reason for them to look elsewhere.

They are a top seed in their region and have a very good shot at a regional title game and beyond.

captain ensano
Waterboy

Portsmouth in S.O.C.?

Post by captain ensano »

Can anyone explain to me why Portsmouth isn't in the SOC? i believe they are a D2 school like Waverly, right? Just kinda wondered why they were in another conference?

Return to “Football”