Week 12: WOOD BURG

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Week 12 WOOD BURG

Post by formerfcfan »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:57 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:00 pm
Amicis_Addict wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:31 pm Any poster on here from Lancaster help me out? What am I looking at as far as tailgate space? Parking fees? If we choose not to tailgate any good places to eat near the stadium? Thanks in advance!
Glad you asked. Sooner or later I figured some advice would be summoned. :mrgreen:

There are three places to park, but neither are incredibly large. There is the south lot that functions as the parking space abutting Thomas Ewing JH and the bus barn (marked on the attachment as “1”, the north lot that is by the high school and tennis courts “2”, and street parking along Arbor Valley Dr “3.”)

Tailgating: if you go in the north lot, you could ideally do tailgating in the lot. The north lot is a little bit of a walk but not an insufferably long one. I’ve never seen anyone do a notable tailgate there in recent memory, but then again this is only Lancaster’s second year of hosting playoffs after the longest hiatus. You may want to do it a little deeper and further off into the lot. When I was in school, we did a tailgate with our class in the grass field by the entrance from the south lot. It was a great time. But we also made sure to do our drinking before the tailgate. However, I’m not too sure if the site administration at Lancaster have become complete tight-asses since then. That area is also where the sheriff’s deputies tend to park for the Lancaster HS games. Unsure if they’ll be there for a playoff game.
I hate fields with tracks around them they are terrible as far as a fan perspective. Pits us fans that much farther away from the field dag gone it! Lol I sure wish they would have found a better host!
It kills me that they left the track there after they redid the facility. But honestly the track is not that bad. I’ve watched games on both sides. You won’t have any issues seeing the game. The sight lines are very good, you’re on top of the players. If you watch from the home side it feels like you’re ten feet off the field down toward the base of the bleachers on each end. Look at it this way, too: you can enjoy an Irish coffee or a nice ‘shoe and no one will bother you (so as long as you’re discreet and not bothering anybody.) Its really hard for someone at field level to observe the stands there.

I know the track is a bummer. But I advise you give Fulton Field a chance and not come to any conclusions on the viewing experience because of it. I may be biased of course, but the facility is beautiful and tradition-rich. It’s largely considered a top venue in Central Ohio amongst the football forum fandom ‘back in the day and even today.

hegotgame
Riding the Bench

Post by hegotgame »

i do not believe the “most presale from the previous week gets the home side” rumor, but if it is true, how many presale did burg sell? Wood sold 776 for week 11 game.

TheNest
Waterboy

Post by TheNest »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:33 pm
TheNest wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:20 pm
Soccer wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:42 pm

Agree 1000%
Would not surprise me. Given wheelersburg and Minford were supposed to be in two totally different spots, I’m not sure what that says about wheelersburg.

We were told wheelersburg had greatly improved and Minford had imploded, but the margin was only 4 points difference from the first game.
It was 28-10. Late in fourth quarter, with a late Td after the onside kick to make it close. These posts amaze me. Can’t we give burg credit for beating a solid minford playoff team. Burg got the toughest lower seed from the top four. I mean history should prove that now burg rarely gets destroyed.
And it was 3-0 at halftime. All I’m saying is the two teams we’re supposed to be going opposite directions and it sure didn’t look like there was much of a gap between them in either game. Let’s be real, wheelersburg is two plays away from a .500 record and no playoffs.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

hegotgame wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:51 pm i do not believe the “most presale from the previous week gets the home side” rumor, but if it is true, how many presale did burg sell? Wood sold 776 for week 11 game.
Ridgewood is the higher seed so they get the home side

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

My pick

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:05 pm My pick

You’re not good at picking against burg, you’re like the mark may of high school picks. Go with burg! Will work out better for you.
Last edited by wobycat on Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

TheNest wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:56 pm
TheNest wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Would not surprise me. Given wheelersburg and Minford were supposed to be in two totally different spots, I’m not sure what that says about wheelersburg.

We were told wheelersburg had greatly improved and Minford had imploded, but the margin was only 4 points difference from the first game.
It was 28-10. Late in fourth quarter, with a late Td after the onside kick to make it close. These posts amaze me. Can’t we give burg credit for beating a solid minford playoff team. Burg got the toughest lower seed from the top four. I mean history should prove that now burg rarely gets destroyed.
And it was 3-0 at halftime. All I’m saying is the two teams we’re supposed to be going opposite directions and it sure didn’t look like there was much of a gap between them in either game. Let’s be real, wheelersburg is two plays away from a .500 record and no playoffs.
Burg would have still made the playoffs at 5-5 just sayin

Burg grad 85
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:40 pm

Drew Pasteur had them as a playoff quirk as a team that could possibly making it in at 4-6. I find it amusing that Minford fans will post about how burg isn’t that good instead of posting how good Minford actually is, which is what I believe

Knowitall222
Waterboy

Post by Knowitall222 »

I thing you can always count on no matter what

Maddog2020 always talking about how oshha screwed the burg never ever lost a bet on that being said about him every year.

I think Wood will roll in this one with no problem . Looking forward to the " Tiger -wood" game lol

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:53 pm

Drew Pasteur had them as a playoff quirk as a team that could possibly making it in at 4-6. I find it amusing that Minford fans will post about how burg isn’t that good instead of posting how good Minford actually is, which is what I believe
Blows your mind doesn’t it.
The team everyone loves to hate.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Same here Woby.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Not from me, I never said how good one is or how bad the other is. I just think they're very similar and one isn't head and shoulders better than the other. If I'm dead honest, both Burg and Minford are mediocre DV playoff teams at best, and both are not anywhere near the caliber of R-wood or Ironton.

Now that the season is over, I'd say Minford is lucky they're not facing this team b/c I know R-wood is 3 or 4 more scores better. Same with Ironton, they would beat Minford by the same or more as the did the burg in week 1. If by some miracle Ironton plays burg again, it's going to be the same result just only in Week 13. However, no way that happens, I'm sticking with my prediction of Ridgewood +24.5 over the burg.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:30 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:28 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:22 pm Home side, visitor side it honestly doesn't matter, the casual fan is going to sit wherever they can find a seat and away from those FREAKIN milk jugs of Burg. SHEEEEESH
I’m noticing where ever we go the team were playing has milk jugs. Now, it’s not nearly what burg has, but it’s kinda nice. Imitation is the fondest form of flattery 😜
LOL, yeah but there's 1 thing I discovered I hate worse. As I sat on the home side of the Johnnies and Burg couple years ago, it's when you sit right next to someone with a COW BELL, what the heck man like I wanted to listen to that. Those guys were going nuts one dude was staring at me just yelling and ringing that bell, reminded me of Putty on Seinfield, I had to tell him dude I'm here to watch a good game not cheering for anyone in particular. He's like oh you're not here for Burg, wow.
Gotta support the team 😆

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:04 am

Not from me, I never said how good one is or how bad the other is. I just think they're very similar and one isn't head and shoulders better than the other. If I'm dead honest, both Burg and Minford are mediocre DV playoff teams at best, and both are not anywhere near the caliber of R-wood or Ironton.

Now that the season is over, I'd say Minford is lucky they're not facing this team b/c I know R-wood is 3 or 4 more scores better. Same with Ironton, they would beat Minford by the same or more as the did the burg in week 1. If by some miracle Ironton plays burg again, it's going to be the same result just only in Week 13. However, no way that happens, I'm sticking with my prediction of Ridgewood +24.5 over the burg.
Based on what? Your feelings?
Burg beat Ashland. The team that beat ironton. I’ll take your +24.5 bet.

TheNest
Waterboy

Post by TheNest »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:14 pm

Same here Woby.
Wins over Greenup, Oak Hill, Waverly, Valley, and West would have gotten them in?

I never said Minford isn't a good team, I think they are, but it's not like they're world beaters. I guess I'm used to wheelersburg measuring themselves against excellence, not 'good' teams in Southern Ohio.

I'll not sidetrack this thread anymore than it already is. We can agree to have a different opinion.

TheNest
Waterboy

Post by TheNest »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:03 pm

Blows your mind doesn’t it.
The team everyone loves to hate.
Anyone looking for a new drinking game? Review wheelersburg threads and take a shot everytime someone is said to be a hater, jealous, etc. :lol:

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I heard Presale tickets will be online only
No presale tickets at school

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

TheNest wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:57 am
BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:14 pm

Same here Woby.
Wins over Greenup, Oak Hill, Waverly, Valley, and West would have gotten them in?

I never said Minford isn't a good team, I think they are, but it's not like they're world beaters. I guess I'm used to wheelersburg measuring themselves against excellence, not 'good' teams in Southern Ohio.

I'll not sidetrack this thread anymore than it already is. We can agree to have a different opinion.

Waverly is D4 and still playing in week 12. Burg got a lot of points from that quality win.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

hegotgame wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:51 pm i do not believe the “most presale from the previous week gets the home side” rumor, but if it is true, how many presale did burg sell? Wood sold 776 for week 11 game.
Higher seed home side

14U
S

Post by 14U »

vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:04 am

This is a down year for burg. But still a good team. I’ve heard many people say can’t wait for the Sophomore class down. So that give people something to look forward to.

Return to “Football”