Valenth's CFB Rankings for 11/12

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's CFB Rankings for 11/12

Post by Valenth »

Well there was definitely some switcheroo action going on. But this is how I see the Top 4 and the next 3 Bubble teams....and then the remaining of the top 10...

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Alabama

5. Oregon
6. Georgia
7. Utah

8. Florida
9. Oklahoma
10. Auburn

I think this week they leapfrog LSU over Ohio State.. They went into Alabama's house and took down the Crimson Tide. While Ohio State's trouncing of Maryland was very impressive..it was Maryland.. LSU made a statement win this week on top of other big wins this season. I feel right now they do deserve to be #1..

LSU exposed Alabama this year.. Alabama's defense is not that good. And their offense is okay but not great. To this week their schedule this year is terrible. And to be honest the SEC West isn't as all powerful as in other years. Sadly the committee still will keep Alabama in the top 4... I guarantee if it was any other team that committee would drop that team 5 or 6 spots.

I have Oregon Leapfrogging Georgia. Reason because... South Carolina just lost to Appalachian State.. Georgia's sole loss is looking Very VERY Ugly.

Minnesota will be the big winner this week... I see them moving up at least 6 spots. I have them in 11th place... But it wouldn't surprise me to see them in the top 10. I do see them placing Penn State just below them in rankings..

Oklahoma eeking out a win at home against Iowa State and Baylor squeaking by TCU is telling me the BIG XII AT SOME POINT.... Will knock each other out of contention of the College Football playoff... The door is opening slowly for a PAC12 team and or a 2nd Team from possibly the B1G or SEC...

With Wake Forest losing last night the ACC has literally hit Rock Bottom. It's only Clemson and I'll be honest.... I think the American Athletic Conference could be better than The ACC top to bottom.

Thoughts?

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Valenth's CFB Rankings for 11/12

Post by Omega »

Your list will be close to the CFP rankings come Tuesday. The committee might put Georgia slightly ahead of Oregon. It looks like the CFP is headed towards a foursome that includes two SEC teams. Lots of football yet to be played and that means the possibility of chaos.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

1.LSU
2.OSU
3.Clemson
4.Oregon

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

If the SEC teams didn't get the pre-season high ranking bias they wouldn't be where they are now.
No way 5 SEC teams are top 10. Minnesota is undefeated and beat the committees #4 team and will be lucky to break the top 10 - thats nuts. I don’t think they are a top 8 team but they have done everything they have needed to do to be top 4 - UNDEFEATED and beat #4.
OSU was #1 and has done nothing to lose that spot regardless of what happened in the almighty SEC showdown.

I know it won’t be this way but looking at it through a unbiased lens.

1. OSU
2. LSU (deserving of #1 but OSU hasn’t done anything to lose the spot)
3. Clemson (undefeated but not impressive)
4. Minnesota (don’t think they are truly top 8 but they have earned this spot)
5. Oregon
6. Georgia
7. Oklahoma
8. Alabama
9. Penn State
10. Utah

NO TWO LOSE TEAM SHOULD BE TOP 10 PERIOD

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

And notice I put three SEC & 3 Big Ten teams in top 10.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Valenth wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:26 pm Well there was definitely some switcheroo action going on. But this is how I see the Top 4 and the next 3 Bubble teams....and then the remaining of the top 10...

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Alabama

5. Oregon
6. Georgia
7. Utah

8. Florida
9. Oklahoma
10. Auburn

I think this week they leapfrog LSU over Ohio State.. They went into Alabama's house and took down the Crimson Tide. While Ohio State's trouncing of Maryland was very impressive..it was Maryland.. LSU made a statement win this week on top of other big wins this season. I feel right now they do deserve to be #1..

LSU exposed Alabama this year.. Alabama's defense is not that good. And their offense is okay but not great. To this week their schedule this year is terrible. And to be honest the SEC West isn't as all powerful as in other years. Sadly the committee still will keep Alabama in the top 4... I guarantee if it was any other team that committee would drop that team 5 or 6 spots.

I have Oregon Leapfrogging Georgia. Reason because... South Carolina just lost to Appalachian State.. Georgia's sole loss is looking Very VERY Ugly.

Minnesota will be the big winner this week... I see them moving up at least 6 spots. I have them in 11th place... But it wouldn't surprise me to see them in the top 10. I do see them placing Penn State just below them in rankings..

Oklahoma eeking out a win at home against Iowa State and Baylor squeaking by TCU is telling me the BIG XII AT SOME POINT.... Will knock each other out of contention of the College Football playoff... The door is opening slowly for a PAC12 team and or a 2nd Team from possibly the B1G or SEC...

With Wake Forest losing last night the ACC has literally hit Rock Bottom. It's only Clemson and I'll be honest.... I think the American Athletic Conference could be better than The ACC top to bottom.

Thoughts?
Wow, not a lot of respect for Penn State, dropped them completely even out of the Top-10. Auburn and Florida have both lost at least 2 games each, yet you still have them in the Top 10. Georgia lost at home to a very average South Carolina team, witch just happened to lose yesterday to Appalachia State. That's what is funny, at one time in the game yesterday betweem LSU and Bama, Bama was getting beat by 20 pts on there home field, and even though they made it closer at the end, they still gave up over 40pts. What would it take to ever get Alabama out of the Top 4, or is that not even possible ?

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

The one thing that's gonna blow up in Alabama's face is their horrendous strength of schedule. If they Beat Auburn... Alabama will have 1 win vs a top 25 opponent. And that's IF Alabama even wins that game. I only put Penn State out of the top 10 because I think that's what the Committee will do. This committee will start showing the SEC love fest despite their mediocrity.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Joel Klatt still has Alabama number 4. He not supposed to be biased but I wouldn't have them that high and I doubt the committee will have them in the top 4 come Tuesday night. Strength of schedule and losing at home would leave them out of my top 4 right now but they could still get in with some help. They will probably stay in the top 6 though. These schedule rankings don't mean much until near the end of season anyway. OSU ranking plummeted to 34 after the Maryland win and will plummet further after next week but will pick up again to end the season.
Last edited by cbolt on Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Let's not forget Bama was down 20 at home in the 3rd quarter. LSU totally controlled that game. The score was not relative to the way Bama was controlled

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

smurray wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:39 pm If the SEC teams didn't get the pre-season high ranking bias they wouldn't be where they are now.
No way 5 SEC teams are top 10. Minnesota is undefeated and beat the committees #4 team and will be lucky to break the top 10 - thats nuts. I don’t think they are a top 8 team but they have done everything they have needed to do to be top 4 - UNDEFEATED and beat #4.
OSU was #1 and has done nothing to lose that spot regardless of what happened in the almighty SEC showdown.

I know it won’t be this way but looking at it through a unbiased lens.

1. OSU
2. LSU (deserving of #1 but OSU hasn’t done anything to lose the spot)
3. Clemson (undefeated but not impressive)
4. Minnesota (don’t think they are truly top 8 but they have earned this spot)
5. Oregon
6. Georgia
7. Oklahoma
8. Alabama
9. Penn State
10. Utah

NO TWO LOSE TEAM SHOULD BE TOP 10 PERIOD
smurray I'm hearing the same thing from everybody. make lsu number 1. ohio state earned that spot, where they have been obliterating their opponents. then scored 73 points Saturday against a big ten opponent. and we want to drop them to 2. it makes no sense to me either. ohio state should remain number 1 until they quit bombing every opponent they play.it doesn't help us that psu lost or we have Rutgers coming up. but if we score 75 points against Rutgers it shows we are far superior. and how could it make sense to drop them. then they close with penn state and Michigan. every conference has a few weak links. but if your team is destroying them. that should not be a reason to drop a team.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and one other thing. we have no fcs opponents on our schedule. nearly all the sec teams next week will be playing fcs schools the week before their big rivalry games. heck florida has 2 fcs schools on their schedule. that all goes into the consideration of bowl comm. people. including things like the eye test, how healthy a team is, their overall scores. and things like that.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:06 am and one other thing. we have no fcs opponents on our schedule. nearly all the sec teams next week will be playing fcs schools the week before their big rivalry games. heck florida has 2 fcs schools on their schedule. that all goes into the consideration of bowl comm. people. including things like the eye test, how healthy a team is, their overall scores. and things like that.
I agree, I just don’t see the SEC dominance. Two weeks ago they had undefeated SEC teams ranked above every other undefeated team, 1 loss SEC teams ahead of every other 1 loss team, and 2 loss SEC teams ranked ahead of every other 2 loss teams, even ahead of 1 loss and undefeated teams. There is no justification for that. At least the playoff committee evened it out some with their first ranking. It will be interesting to see what the committee does now.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Valenth wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:26 pm Well there was definitely some switcheroo action going on. But this is how I see the Top 4 and the next 3 Bubble teams....and then the remaining of the top 10...

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Alabama

5. Oregon
6. Georgia
7. Utah

8. Florida
9. Oklahoma
10. Auburn

Thoughts?
My thoughts........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..........I give you credit though.........you put time in doing this........

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I'm solely putting what I THINK the Committee will put rankings wise...

NOW.... This is My personal Opinion on the Top 10 in My own mind.

1. Ohio State
2. LSU
3. Clemson
4. Minnesota
5. Oregon
6. Alabama
7. Georgia
8. Utah
9. Penn State
10. Oklahoma

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Valenth wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:49 pm I'm solely putting what I THINK the Committee will put rankings wise...

NOW.... This is My personal Opinion on the Top 10 in My own mind.

1. Ohio State
2. LSU
3. Clemson
4. Minnesota
5. Oregon
6. Georgia
7. Alabama
8. Utah
9. Penn State
10. Oklahoma
Switch Penn State and Georgia around, OSU and LSU, and I'll agree for the time being. Things are going to change anyways.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Valenth wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:23 pm The one thing that's gonna blow up in Alabama's face is their horrendous strength of schedule. If they Beat Auburn... Alabama will have 1 win vs a top 25 opponent. And that's IF Alabama even wins that game. I only put Penn State out of the top 10 because I think that's what the Committee will do. This committee will start showing the SEC love fest despite their mediocrity.
[/quote
Let me first say that I enjoy what you are doing, and agree with you 95% of the time. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people posting about football on this site. I guess the thing that gets me, is that regardless of how impressive that the Buckeyes are winning there games, it just doesn't seem to be enough. If they were only winning by a small margin in most of there games, or playing defense the way they were last year, then I could probably see the doubt in some peoples mind. It's okay for some of these so called best teams to give up 40 pts a game, but as long as they outscore the other team, we still think they are a great team. The Buckeyes are not doing that, they have been just as dominate on defense as they have on offense. They can't help who is on there schedule, or that Nebraska did not live up to there billing, or that the Badgers or Michigan State is not as good as everyone thought they would be, or that Penn State would not still be undefeated. In scoring 73 pts against Maryland, they very well could have scored 100pts. It just seems to me as if your Bama's, your Oklahoma's, and yes even LSU can give up over 40pts a game, yet that is accepted for them. Oh well, they still have some very important games yet to play, and dare they stumble or not win impressively, then all your Media and so called experts can say we told you so. You will never convince me that there is not a Bias against the Buckeyes, as well as the Big 10 also.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Maryland and rutger couldn’t beat a good FCs team. Big14 shouldn’t have put greed over competition when adding these two.
Some of the worst offenses in the country play in the big14. NW, mich st, Mary and rutger. Add Iowa and the one dimensional offense of wisc to this list.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

1.lsu
2.osu
3.clemson
4.uga. I kinda see it like this i would have oregon here but they will keep 2 sec teams in as long as they can

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Alabama

5. Oregon
6. Georgia
7. Utah

8. Florida
9. Oklahoma
10. Auburn

Thoughts?
I agree with this list. (Minnesota is a pipe dream and Penn State has no running game with neither being Top 10 material. Michigan will beat MSU and destroy overrated Indiana with their Cinderella record and get destroyed again in an overhyped game by the Bucks who will then destroy Minny in the title game.)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I like how you're thinking fan.

Return to “College Sports”