WK12: #3 Jackson (11-0) vs. #2 Jonathan Alder (11-0)

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: WK12: #3 Jackson (11-0) vs. #2 Jonathan Alder (11-0)

Post by Poo Bear »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:13 am Jackson had everything not going their way in first half. Too many penalties on 3rd and 4th downs to give JA 1st downs! I say take the penalties and fake punt out and Jackson is in this game 2nd half. Everybody has bad games but you just can’t do it in week 12 against great teams. Jackson congratulations on ur fine season and got plenty of experience for younger players for next year! You players accomplished a lot of things most didn’t think you would, great job!
Agree Jackson had to play a near perfect game to
Have a shot . That didn’t happen obviously. No reason to throw shade on the team but you’ll see people’s true character after losses.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Not sure where Jackson goes after this, but some changes need to be made if they want to make the next step. Stay in the FAC, but the non-conference schedule needs to change. Wellston, Logan, and Athens do nothing for you, get rid of those games. There are good teams out there if you are willing to play them. Give Clinton Massie a call, they are always looking for a game(they had to play Avon Lake this year since they couldn't find anyone for week 2). Maybe get a Columbus area school, Zanesville, or Licking Valley on the schedule. Would also like to see them play Ironton in the near future. You probably wont be 10-0 at the end of the season, but you will be better tested for the playoffs.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Otto wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:08 pm Not sure where Jackson goes after this, but some changes need to be made if they want to make the next step. Stay in the FAC, but the non-conference schedule needs to change. Wellston, Logan, and Athens do nothing for you, get rid of those games. There are good teams out there if you are willing to play them. Give Clinton Massie a call, they are always looking for a game(they had to play Avon Lake this year since they couldn't find anyone for week 2). Maybe get a Columbus area school, Zanesville, or Licking Valley on the schedule. Would also like to see them play Ironton in the near future. You probably wont be 10-0 at the end of the season, but you will be better tested for the playoffs.
Zanesville got rolled week 1 so obvious they need to make changes in the program. Clinton Massie beat up
By Valley View round 1 so they need changes. Ironton a no brainer I agree on that .

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Otto wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:08 pm Not sure where Jackson goes after this, but some changes need to be made if they want to make the next step. Stay in the FAC, but the non-conference schedule needs to change. Wellston, Logan, and Athens do nothing for you, get rid of those games. There are good teams out there if you are willing to play them. Give Clinton Massie a call, they are always looking for a game(they had to play Avon Lake this year since they couldn't find anyone for week 2). Maybe get a Columbus area school, Zanesville, or Licking Valley on the schedule. Would also like to see them play Ironton in the near future. You probably wont be 10-0 at the end of the season, but you will be better tested for the playoffs.
This isn’t little D5 football where you play local schools to get to state. Every team in D3 is good. D3 has had teams beat the D1 powers. Do you want Jackson to play St Ed? :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:25 pm
This isn’t little D5 football where you play local schools to get to state. Every team in D3 is good. D3 has had teams beat the D1 powers. Do you want Jackson to play St Ed? :lol:
I do not. Lol

I’ve heard Winton Woods again though.

We gotta play Ironton

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I’d play Granville tri valley ironton at least 1 of them over the next few years
Last edited by MrFirstTake on Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Maybe Sheridan st clairsville

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:34 pm I’d play Granville tri valley ironton at least 1 of them over the next few years
Don’t disagree , Jackson has some of the best skill coming up next 3 years that they’ve had in years. Could be very special

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:40 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:34 pm I’d play Granville tri valley ironton at least 1 of them over the next few years
Don’t disagree , Jackson has some of the best skill coming up next 3 years that they’ve had in years. Could be very special
If thats the case they should definitely play these caliber of teams I feel like if ya can it would be good to get the jr high teams playing these type of games too.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

What are the good places to eat in Jackson again?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I want a good burger and appetizers 😂

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:23 pm I want a good burger and appetizers 😂
Rowdy’s

Stockroom601
Dakotas

Sounds like your top 3 choices for your needs

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:37 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:23 pm I want a good burger and appetizers 😂
Rowdy’s

Stockroom601
Dakotas

Any of them have loaded tater tots 😂😂😂

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:39 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:37 pm
Rowdy’s

Stockroom601
Dakotas

Any of them have loaded tater tots 😂😂😂
Sonic lol

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Oh no 🤦‍♀️ im good on sonic... I’ll probably try the stockroom place

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Well, I certainly didn't mean to start a huge strength of schedule debate by saying that I want Jackson to take the next step in the post-season. Mentioning the crucial mistakes last night was also not a knock on anyone particular, so I hope it wasn't taken that way. It's just a trend that I have seen in many of our recent playoff appearances with some of our best teams. I know that it's tough to compete in the D3 playoffs, but I feel like there have been several times (2011, kinda 2014, 2019) where Jackson has had a team that is capable of being competitive in Week 12, only to have things spiral out of control and end up losing a lopsided decision. I think sometimes we get too caught up in "playing a perfect game" instead of just executing. Some of that is just running up against better teams, but some of it might be a bit of a mental thing that we need to overcome.

As far as the schedule goes, Wellston is finally gone. Logan and Athens are SE Ohio schools of similar size that are usually solid. Hopefully they can both get back to being successful once again. Wheelersburg is D5, but if anyone wants to complain about playing them, I'm just not listening. They're a great program. Western Brown is also a D3 school that is supposed to have some talent coming up, so hopefully they get better. Do we still have Week 3 open? Would love to see Ironton, Granville, Clinton-Massie, etc. as options going forward, but we'll see. I think people forget that we have played Granville recently in the regular season twice, played Winton Woods, played Cabell-Midland (WV). I don't disagree that the schedule can improve, and I have always been a big proponent of that, but it's also not quite as bad as people sometimes make it out to be. Burg was "down" this year, Athens was a little down, the FAC wasn't very strong. Some of that is luck of the draw type stuff, but like I said, I am in favor of going out and finding better games.

Final thing. I think it's very easy to see the talent of Jacob Winters. There are not many freshmen that are as physically imposing as him, and there are even fewer that can run and throw the ball the way that he does. He WILL be the starting QB for the next three seasons and I, personally, cannot wait for that. He is going to be special, and there will be a lot of talent within the program joining him. The future of Jackson football is bright, in my opinion. I do wish we had seen him more at QB last night, but that's not how it happened.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ironman02 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:45 pm Well, I certainly didn't mean to start a huge strength of schedule debate by saying that I want Jackson to take the next step in the post-season. Mentioning the crucial mistakes last night was also not a knock on anyone particular, so I hope it wasn't taken that way. It's just a trend that I have seen in many of our recent playoff appearances with some of our best teams. I know that it's tough to compete in the D3 playoffs, but I feel like there have been several times (2011, kinda 2014, 2019) where Jackson has had a team that is capable of being competitive in Week 12, only to have things spiral out of control and end up losing a lopsided decision. I think sometimes we get too caught up in "playing a perfect game" instead of just executing. Some of that is just running up against better teams, but some of it might be a bit of a mental thing that we need to overcome.

As far as the schedule goes, Wellston is finally gone. Logan and Athens are SE Ohio schools of similar size that are usually solid. Hopefully they can both get back to being successful once again. Wheelersburg is D5, but if anyone wants to complain about playing them, I'm just not listening. They're a great program. Western Brown is also a D3 school that is supposed to have some talent coming up, so hopefully they get better. Do we still have Week 3 open? Would love to see Ironton, Granville, Clinton-Massie, etc. as options going forward, but we'll see. I think people forget that we have played Granville recently in the regular season twice, played Winton Woods, played Cabell-Midland (WV). I don't disagree that the schedule can improve, and I have always been a big proponent of that, but it's also not quite as bad as people sometimes make it out to be. Burg was "down" this year, Athens was a little down, the FAC wasn't very strong. Some of that is luck of the draw type stuff, but like I said, I am in favor of going out and finding better games.

Final thing. I think it's very easy to see the talent of Jacob Winters. There are not many freshmen that are as physically imposing as him, and there are even fewer that can run and throw the ball the way that he does. He WILL be the starting QB for the next three seasons and I, personally, cannot wait for that. He is going to be special, and there will be a lot of talent within the program joining him. The future of Jackson football is bright, in my opinion. I do wish we had seen him more at QB last night, but that's not how it happened.
No worries , we all want the same thing for Jackson football. To play for a state championship. There is some insane talent coming up, there is a chance to take this to the next level.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Being an old SEO kid I hope you guys are right. I wanna see you get over the hump against the teams up here in Central Ohio. My local team up here where I live and my kids graduated from is in the D1 regional final next week but I decided to forego those games the last 2 weeks and went to both of Jackson's games instead I'm heading out in a few minutes to watch Burg but I'll keep hoping to see someone else make it to at least the regional finals along with the usual suspects Burg, Ironton & Trimble. Keep on working !!!!!

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Ironman61
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman61 »

Not sure how Teays valley was qualified to host..parking was a nightmare nowhere near enough seating for the visitors.. the lines at the bathrooms were lined up and the concessions were running out of everything. The PA system didn’t work for 3/4 of the game and I don’t no how many ppl I seen slip and fall on the home team side on all of the ice( even though it hadn’t snowed in days)....because there were no seats left on the visitors side.. other than that nightmare I thought Jackson was far outmatched for the most although I don’t understand why we didn’t put winters in there more at qbbut I’m not the coach. However as I was forced to set on the away side I noticed they had four torpedo heaters attached to a generator blowing heat on their players I just wondered if we had that on the Jackson side as I could not see from the other sidelines. If not that may be something to remember for the future

BlackAttack
Waterboy

Post by BlackAttack »

I totally agree, they weren’t prepared. You would think they would have over prepared for that evening. Not a god first impression for future playoff games to be hosted there.

The heaters were provided by the parents from Alder.

Return to “Football”