State finlas location question

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

State finlas location question

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The way it seems is sources are making the fans of the games think only one area in the state,

Does anyone else think this is true?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: State finlas location question

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

they should keep them at the shoe for state championships. centrally located for anyone. can't beat the facilities.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

How many times have I had to say this, OSU was not interested in hosting the Finals in Columbus. Can I come over to your house for dinner if I’m not invited? You’ve got this great answer of where the games should be, however, that’s not the question.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:37 am they should keep them at the shoe for state championships. centrally located for anyone. can't beat the facilities.
I agree 100% I posted in another thread that all the games 2nd round on should be at D-1 schools plus a couple pro stadiums maybe 15 total and that way all the kids get that experience of playing in great facilities. All of the BS about how to get the schools or facilities to let OHSAA use the facilities is a sales pitch and fees that can be settled once all the agreements are in place. If you need to get politics involved to put pressure on them then so be it. This entire tournament should be about the kids not about the bureaus of this town or that town.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Pol pot wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:18 pm How many times have I had to say this, OSU was not interested in hosting the Finals in Columbus. Can I come over to your house for dinner if I’m not invited? You’ve got this great answer of where the games should be, however, that’s not the question.
Yup. Current OSU football leadership does not want the games in the Shoe. The only reason the games were there for a short stint a few years ago was because of Jim Tressel. He was the one who wanted the games back and agreed to that deal with the OHSAA. As it stands now, I don't see the games returning to OSU anytime in the near future. I like Ryan Day, but he has no Ohio football ties and no incentive to want to host the championships.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Stark county politicians are not letting the State finals get away from them. Even though attendance is dropping every year, they will let that happen.

Plenty of big enough stadiums around Columbus to host the finals.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I don’t think they should be at the shoe it’s way to big and makes for a horrible atmosphere seeing 75% of the stadium empty it needs to be in a high school stadium to feel right or mapfre stadium I think would be perfect it’s large enough to hold the crowd great parking and in Columbus

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:21 pm Stark county politicians are not letting the State finals get away from them. Even though attendance is dropping every year, they will let that happen.

Plenty of big enough stadiums around Columbus to host the finals.
Attendance was dropping in Columbus as well, as Otto and PP stated, OSU simply does not want the games. And more to this than just a field, the staffing and the people willing to put the event on, parking or a plan of parking, ability to host media etc,. The way I see it, you can have this as an event like many States, something special or you can be like WV and just have a game.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Please provide a link that shows where Ohio State does not want them and/or stats by OSU that they do not want them.
For that matter provide anything that shows where nobody else in the state wants them along with what the OHSAA offers to rent out these stadiums? I am guessing there is a lot more to this story. Somehow some who post are privy to this info.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Go to Board minutes and check out proposals of OSU v Canton. You can easily get an FOI from the city of Canton and from OSU to see their proposals or if they even submitted one. Personally, I have first hand knowledge of the subject, just because you have angry old man syndrome and find ways to complain about the OHSAA does not mean you are right. Prove to me that OSU wanted the Tournament and made a better bid.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Little lady I am one of the happiest people I know, but thanks again for being so wrong.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:32 am Little lady I am one of the happiest people I know, but thanks again for being so wrong.
I’m not wrong, if it’s not ticket cost, it’s program cost, parking cost or location. I give you first hand information, you choose to ignore that information. I tell where you can collect an FOI documents and see for yourself, however you’d rather spread rumors and unfounded opinions. He’ll go on Twitter and ask ED Snodgrass these questions directly. Beats spreading disinformation to meet your agenda.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Little lady I did not ignore your info. I correct you about me, but go ahead and believe as you will. I am sure it makes your day.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:12 am Little lady I did not ignore your info. I correct you about me, but go ahead and believe as you will. I am sure it makes your day.
LOL, calling names does not bother me 1 bit, but you are obviously offended very easily. Again, make educated post that are based on facts and you’d do quite a bit better. 3-4 different people told you the same information and your response was “prove it”. Fact is, you are the one who needs to approve your fallacy of opinions based on zero facts. Now excuse me, I am getting ready to walk into the Oklahoma semi finals, watching 5 games today.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I was not calling you name I was guessing you were a female. If I was wrong on my guess, I do apologize.
It was not so much as wanting some to prove it, it was a case of me wanting a link to that info, which was never posted.
Have a nice day, as I am done posting on this topic. :)

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:24 am I was not calling you name I was guessing you were a female. If I was wrong on my guess, I do apologize.
It was not so much as wanting some to prove it, it was a case of me wanting a link to that info, which was never posted.
Have a nice day, as I am done posting on this topic. :)
I’ve told you where you can find the information, actual facts and not just opinion on what you think should happen

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lol at this thread

Just trust pol pot on this one. She knows the ins and outs of all this

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Pol pot wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:18 am
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:12 am Little lady I did not ignore your info. I correct you about me, but go ahead and believe as you will. I am sure it makes your day.
LOL, calling names does not bother me 1 bit, but you are obviously offended very easily. Again, make educated post that are based on facts and you’d do quite a bit better. 3-4 different people told you the same information and your response was “prove it”. Fact is, you are the one who needs to approve your fallacy of opinions based on zero facts. Now excuse me, I am getting ready to walk into the Oklahoma semi finals, watching 5 games today.
Did Oklahoma change there set up they have 5 of them in one location now during semi's ? I know they were moving all the state finals to UCO but didn't know they were moving semi's somewhere also? I don't follow close just when I am in state for work will try to keep up with it a little and I didn't do much there this fall....

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:57 am
Pol pot wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:18 am
Did Oklahoma change there set up they have 5 of them in one location now during semi's ? I know they were moving all the state finals to UCO but didn't know they were moving semi's somewhere also? I don't follow close just when I am in state for work will try to keep up with it a little and I didn't do much there this fall....
I would imagine that Pot was being facetious with his post.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

:lol: :lol: "Little lady" :lol: :lol:
The fact that I know PP IRL makes this hilarious :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”