Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Joe Burrow Sports Illustrated Cover

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:55 pm From average joe to #1 pro I wouldn’t call him that he was never average. But that’s still pretty cool though
Agree!

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

received mine in the mail going to frame it. Love seeing any athletes from the 740 get recognized

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Maybe this will give these H. S. Kids in SE Ohio something to shoot for?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Heisman winner. IMO

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

2019 Heisman and National Champion. I know that's sacrilegious to say as a Buckeye guy, but I've been a fan of this kid ever since he was in high school. Watched the D3 State Championship game to where Athens lost on the last play of the game to Toledo Central Catholic. That was a heartbreaker!

Shame on the Buckeyes for running this homegrown Ohio kid off. Arguability the best football player ever to come out of Southeastern Ohio.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

vladimir wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:19 pm

Shame on the Buckeyes for running this homegrown Ohio kid off.
Agree. Karma is calling, and she works in mysterious ways, and I look for it to bite OSU hard if and when the two meet head on. He's very smart, and I'm glad he got out of OSU anyways. It was a good and better move, IMO. He has it going on for himself. Very Proud of him.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I’ve never seen a single battle karma didn’t win.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

they didn’t “run” Joe off

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:29 pm they didn’t “run” Joe off
They didn’t but he wasn’t going to play. He probably shouldn’t have went there in the first place, different offense, but that’s a dream for most kids, to don the scarlet and gray.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

It may not be running him off but it is the next thing. Running him off has a strong case. What did OSU miss?

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER GIVE UP.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

It worked out well for Haskins and Burrow. Both are going to make a lot of money in the nfl. Of course people from OSU will always say how many national titles would OSU had won if Burrow didn’t break his hand

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:39 pm
They didn’t but he wasn’t going to play. He probably shouldn’t have went there in the first place, different offense, but that’s a dream for most kids, to don the scarlet and gray.
Actually Joe grew up not liking OSU.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:12 pm It worked out well for Haskins and Burrow. Both are going to make a lot of money in the nfl. Of course people from OSU will always say how many national titles would OSU had won if Burrow didn’t break his hand
Honestly I don't know that him breaking his hand would've changed anything. He was the backup to Barrett and that wasn't going to change and was fully healthy come spring time to compete against Haskins for the starting job. OSU actually done him a huge favor as they could've dragged out the QB battle into the season and even rotated between Burrow and Haskins. Instead they went with Haskins which panned out great and Burrow was allotted plenty of time to transfer and won the starting job at LSU right away. Joe Brady being hired as the passing coordinator has really made a HUGE difference for LSU and Burrow. He's already won the Heisman while not official let's face it, with what he's done this year plus beating Alabama who else is going to beat him out, I look for it to be a complete landslide. Great kid with good resolve and I'm very happy it has worked out for him.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:29 am
Raider6309 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:12 pm It worked out well for Haskins and Burrow. Both are going to make a lot of money in the nfl. Of course people from OSU will always say how many national titles would OSU had won if Burrow didn’t break his hand
Honestly I don't know that him breaking his hand would've changed anything. He was the backup to Barrett and that wasn't going to change and was fully healthy come spring time to compete against Haskins for the starting job. OSU actually done him a huge favor as they could've dragged out the QB battle into the season and even rotated between Burrow and Haskins. Instead they went with Haskins which panned out great and Burrow was allotted plenty of time to transfer and won the starting job at LSU right away. Joe Brady being hired as the passing coordinator has really made a HUGE difference for LSU and Burrow. He's already won the Heisman while not official let's face it, with what he's done this year plus beating Alabama who else is going to beat him out, I look for it to be a complete landslide. Great kid with good resolve and I'm very happy it has worked out for him.
Actually, OSU refused to name a starter coming out of Spring and public ally stated it would go into fall, hence Joe left, so as not to be strung along. He knew he was ready, and left on good terms. He graduated, and fulfilled his commitment, then looked for a place to play.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Pol pot wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:39 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:39 pm
Actually Joe grew up not liking OSU.
His Dad coached at Nebraska then came to Ohio University, and his brother played for the Cornhuskers. As a kid His dream was to be a Qb for Nebraska.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:39 pm
vladimir wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:19 pm

Shame on the Buckeyes for running this homegrown Ohio kid off.
Agree. Karma is calling, and she works in mysterious ways, and I look for it to bite OSU hard if and when the two meet head on. He's very smart, and I'm glad he got out of OSU anyways. It was a good and better move, IMO. He has it going on for himself. Very Proud of him.
me too trench, he has earned every accolade he can get. he has earned it. the one team I do from the sec, and I have for many years is the lsu tigers. just always been a fan since I was a young bait, because they were tigers. other than them, they can have the sec.i'm so proud of this gentleman myself. the state of ohio can make up for this misfire, is to put that man in a Bengal jersey in the spring. ohhhhhhhhhhhhh how many ways can mikey screw this up. but GO JOEAUX. steal the show. I don't think it was a matter of running him off as much as they were recruiting qb's to run a different type scheme that matched the coaching staff at the time. they were going for more mobile qb's. but all joe has done is prove that he can win wherever. adapt to any situation, pass or run. and he throws some of the purtiest passes I ever seen. he may well win the Heisman, and get to play for a natty.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

vladimir wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:33 pm His Dad coached at Nebraska then came to Ohio University, and his brother played for the Cornhuskers. As a kid His dream was to be a Qb for Nebraska.
Do you remember anything before second grade? Joe dreamed of playing for Ohio State.

I’m pretty sure 93bulldog and question mark wore that same jersey :lol:

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Where'd you find that?
Last edited by vladimir on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:55 am
vladimir wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:33 pm His Dad coached at Nebraska then came to Ohio University, and his brother played for the Cornhuskers. As a kid His dream was to be a Qb for Nebraska.
Do you remember anything before second grade? Joe dreamed of playing for Ohio State.

I’m pretty sure 93bulldog and question mark wore that same jersey :lol:

lol! Hey no doubt that's an awesome pic and a great find!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

vladimir wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:16 am Where'd you find that?
I tried to use Joe Burrow’s off Instagram but couldn’t make it work. Someone from the LSU forum used it

Return to “Football”