DIV 5 COACH OF THE YEAR? I FIND IT ODD

kantucky
Varsity

DIV 5 COACH OF THE YEAR? I FIND IT ODD

Post by kantucky »

Is there anybody besides myself that was more than surprised that Ironton Fighting Tiger`s Coach Pendleton was passed over for this honor? Yet instead it went to Akron Manchester`s Coach who went 9 and 4 and was defeated by Kirtland last week?

Coach Pendleton is only a second-year coach and takes his team to the state championship to face Kirtland. It would look even more odd if Ironton does defeat Kirtland and owns a State in his second year, the least he can do is finish second now as it is.

No coach works harder and has shown more loyalty than Coach Pendleton. I cry foul!!

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: DIV 5 COACH OF THE YEAR? I FIND IT ODD

Post by formerfcfan »

yeah, Jim France is a legend but nothing at all suggests he was Coach of the Year worthy.

Just my opinion, should’ve been split between Pendleton and the coach from Oak Harbor.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

He's 900 years old

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Here — let me take it SLOWlY so the blowhards finally get it. France was named the COY because he COACHED a team of limited talent to the playoffs against a schedule no one expected him to win ( beating larger schools, beating 3 of the 4 playoff teams on their schedule and against 7 wining clubs ). And he had injuries to his limited “ stars”. Goes on to beat 2 other good teams in playoffs before losing the regional final to the favored potential State Champs. Almighty tiggers, loaded with transfers and several D- I recruits playing the likes of South Point, Chessy, Rock Hill, Coal Grove, etc still loses one with a loaded team. Who did the better job coaching ? Coaching David or coaching Goliath ? This is just another example of why people look at you and laugh. The parochial view here is “we are great”. The state wide view is quite something else. Rest assured the guy who did a great coaching job got the recognition. PERIOD

This as well as other well known reasons about a poor sportsmanship fan base gives you your well earned poor reputation.

Have gun, will travel
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I have a feeling Carrico will win Mr. Football next year

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

A D-5 athlete winning Mr Football ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop it. You are killing me !

Have gun, will travel
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I know you have never been able to tell the difference between D1 athletes and D3 athletes but Carrico is an OSU/Bama recruit. Plays both ways. I don’t see anyone better than him. Very rare to see 4/5 Star recruit in D5

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I think some player from Mentor, Massillon, St. Ed’s, Iggy, Elder, St.X, etc might have something to say about that. Let alone a star QB or RB from Hoban, TCC or some other traditional state power in the upper divisions.

Of course , if they get beat by “ just Ashland” again, it all blows up. :lol:

Have gun, will travel
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The kid from Ironton is better than every kid from those schools

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:12 pm I think some player from Mentor, Massillon, St. Ed’s, Iggy, Elder, St.X, etc might have something to say about that. Let alone a star QB or RB from Hoban, TCC or some other traditional state power in the upper divisions.

Dude, you are just sore because Burrow is going to win the Heisman.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I’m rooting for him to win it.

Seen most all of LSU games this year. He is the favorite.

Have gun, will travel
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:25 pm The kid from Ironton is better than every kid from those schools
You cannot tell the guy anything. To not even entertain my suggestion and be so quick to dismiss it tells you
anything that comes out of his mouth is caused by his obsessive hatred towards anything to do with Irontron.

Reid Carrico is an exceptional athlete. You can go many years and not see one like him. I can't believe we have him back again next year. Very exciting, oh and I'd love for him to win such an honor

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:12 pm I think some player from Mentor, Massillon, St. Ed’s, Iggy, Elder, St.X, etc might have something to say about that. Let alone a star QB or RB from Hoban, TCC or some other traditional state power in the upper divisions.

Ehh. When Jermon Jackson finished atop the mr ohio rankings he was not as highly rated a recruit nationally or in state as Carrico is now. Plenty of boys from the aforementioned programs coulda had something to say about it then I suspect, but it didn't go like that. 🤷‍♂️

You are just a bowl of fallacies ain't ya? lol

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

SpeedKillz wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:52 pm

Ehh. When Jermon Jackson finished atop the mr ohio rankings he was not as highly rated a recruit nationally or in state as Carrico is now. Plenty of boys from the aforementioned programs coulda had something to say about it then I suspect, but it didn't go like that. 🤷‍♂️

I believe the number of the best schools in the nation coming after Carrico was 35? That was after only seeing him before his junior year!

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

kantucky wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:57 pm

I believe the number of the best schools in the nation coming after Carrico was 35? That was after only seeing him before his junior year!
He is rated ahead of quite a lot of young men from the previously mentioned programs for a reason. Some folks place personal sentiment before critical thinking and wind up sounding like a jagoff.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

He is rated ahead of quite a lot of young men from the previously mentioned programs for a reason. Some folks place personal sentiment before critical thinking and wind up sounding like a jagoff.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Well then, let’s give him the trophy now. Why wait for next year ? :lol:

Still............

Have gun, will travel
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Tanner Holden in 2017 finished in the top 3 in voting for Mr Ohio as a receiver just saying

Burg grad 85
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

He is rated and was recruited ahead of a lot of kids including many from all the prestigous programs.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:12 pm Well then, let’s give him the trophy now. Why wait for next year ? :lol:

Still............
You kinda have lil broad swings huh? Lol. Everything has got to be all the way this way, or all the way that way? The point is not to form a conclusion. That is YOUR mistake, and you perform it far too often. The point is to be reasonable. That kid is one of Ohios elites in the 2021 class. Solidified. To grant him any consideration less than that is just hate.

Return to “Football”