DIV 5 COACH OF THE YEAR? I FIND IT ODD

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: DIV 5 COACH OF THE YEAR? I FIND IT ODD

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

kantucky wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:01 pm Is there anybody besides myself that was more than surprised that Ironton Fighting Tiger`s Coach Pendleton was passed over for this honor? Yet instead it went to Akron Manchester`s Coach who went 9 and 4 and was defeated by Kirtland last week?

Coach Pendleton is only a second-year coach and takes his team to the state championship to face Kirtland. It would look even more odd if Ironton does defeat Kirtland and owns a State in his second year, the least he can do is finish second now as it is.

No coach works harder and has shown more loyalty than Coach Pendleton. I cry foul!!
brother, you're preaching to the choir here. always northern bias. look where they play. it's okay hopefully him and the rest of the staff and coaches get state championship rings in it's place. I had been looking for this to come out. I honestly thought he would win it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:20 pm Here — let me take it SLOWlY so the blowhards finally get it. France was named the COY because he COACHED a team of limited talent to the playoffs against a schedule no one expected him to win ( beating larger schools, beating 3 of the 4 playoff teams on their schedule and against 7 wining clubs ). And he had injuries to his limited “ stars”. Goes on to beat 2 other good teams in playoffs before losing the regional final to the favored potential State Champs. Almighty tiggers, loaded with transfers and several D- I recruits playing the likes of South Point, Chessy, Rock Hill, Coal Grove, etc still loses one with a loaded team. Who did the better job coaching ? Coaching David or coaching Goliath ? This is just another example of why people look at you and laugh. The parochial view here is “we are great”. The state wide view is quite something else. Rest assured the guy who did a great coaching job got the recognition. PERIOD

This as well as other well known reasons about a poor sportsmanship fan base gives you your well earned poor reputation.
paladin, why don't you create your own site. call it paladin's northern lights er something. you're as lost as last years easter eggs. and yer cord don't quite reach to the outlet. if you are going to come on here to assault us and our kids/coaches/fans and program. then expect any backlash you get. I can't imagine anyone putting so much effort into be a snob, and being a turd in the punchbowl like you. when in affect all you need to do is be nice and pleasant. it'll do ya good, and take a lot less effort. you may actually make a few friends here. but we all expected you to come out of your basement to talk about how us southern teams suck. we'll show ya Saturday some big boy football. grab a box of little debbies and go back down into your grandmaw's basement. I respect everyone involved, from the janitors, to the band, cheerleaders, coaches, players, administrators. I guess I was justraised better, with southern morals

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:05 pm I know you have never been able to tell the difference between D1 athletes and D3 athletes but Carrico is an OSU/Bama recruit. Plays both ways. I don’t see anyone better than him. Very rare to see 4/5 Star recruit in D5
that'll preach all day raider.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:31 pm
Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:12 pm I think some player from Mentor, Massillon, St. Ed’s, Iggy, Elder, St.X, etc might have something to say about that. Let alone a star QB or RB from Hoban, TCC or some other traditional state power in the upper divisions.

Of course , if they get beat by “ just Ashland” again, it all blows up. :lol:
Dude, you are just sore because Burrow is going to win the Heisman.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
onb I agree, I so hope this happens if an osu player does not win. yeah big boys we got the young men down here 2.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Fellas, be careful or you're going to get Paladine so fired up that he comes on here to tell us how good of a player some cheerleader back in 1950 told him he was. Or how great of a coach he was at perennial state power Zanesville Rosecrans. Or better yet, how slow Ironton and that Carrico kid looks on film. The dude makes two correct predictions a year out of about fifty and we hear about them for the next five months. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

“Yawn”. Good morning. Just got up and had a nice breakfast. Two points -

1. I note that this mornings paper IDs more coach of the year , D-II & III. D-II co-coaches are Mark Nori of new H. S. Olentangy Berlin and Ross Bandiera from Mayfield. Not exactly powerhouses. Look up this years records. In D-III the coach is Donte Goosby of Columbus Centennial. Who ? Again, a look at that program and it’s outlook. People are rewarded for challenging situations and not steamrolling others with a powerhouse. That why they call it a COACHING award. Get over yourself.

2. The comment by a simple minded poster stated that a river athlete may win Mr. Football NEXT year. That, of course, would depend on the year he has NEXT year, not this one. It also depends on how other players in the state perform, especially in the upper power divisions where far better competition plays and not necessarily in low divisions where competition is limited. Factor in he may be injured, not play as well, etc. Also understand others will have D-I offers, including OSU. I consider the projection to be premature and simple minded. But I’m also reminded where most of this boards members are from and consider the source. Not surprising and as usual, with a narrow, parochial view.

Have gun, will travel
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Hey, now that you mention it , Grounded, I had a cheerleader tell me how good I was. She was a senior and I was a Soph. Put the full court press on me in 1959, not 1950. Big hooters too. lol. Anyway, long story short, and I have several stories to tell about her (wink, wink), the senior All SEOAL RB that year had the hots for her and threatened to beat my butt if I didn’t give her up,lol. Did I mention, I was considered a stud back then? Lol.

Have gun, will travel
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Paladin wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:52 am “Yawn”. Good morning. Just got up and had a nice breakfast. Two points -

1. I note that this mornings paper IDs more coach of the year , D-II & III. D-II co-coaches are Mark Nori of new H. S. Olentangy Berlin and Ross Bandiera from Mayfield. Not exactly powerhouses. Look up this years records. In D-III the coach is Donte Goosby of Columbus Centennial. Who ? Again, a look at that program and it’s outlook. People are rewarded for challenging situations and not steamrolling others with a powerhouse. That why they call it a COACHING award. Get over yourself.

2. The comment by a simple minded poster stated that a river athlete may win Mr. Football NEXT year. That, of course, would depend on the year he has NEXT year, not this one. It also depends on how other players in the state perform, especially in the upper power divisions where far better competition plays and not necessarily in low divisions where competition is limited. Factor in he may be injured, not play as well, etc. Also understand others will have D-I offers, including OSU. I consider the projection to be premature and simple minded. But I’m also reminded where most of this boards members are from and consider the source. Not surprising and as usual, with a narrow, parochial view.
Boring, boring, blah, blah, blah. C'mon ole buddy liven things up by telling us how good you thought you were in high school back in he 50's. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Paladin wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:04 am Hey, now that you mention it , Grounded, I had a cheerleader tell me how good I was. She was a senior and I was a Soph. Put the full court press on me in 1959, not 1950. Big hooters too. lol. Anyway, long story short, and I have several stories to tell about her (wink, wink), the senior All SEOAL RB that year had the hots for her and threatened to beat my butt if I didn’t give her up,lol. Did I mention, I was considered a stud back then? Lol.
Hey now, that's more like it. And more accurate, though I doubt it's even close to reality, than most of your projections. :mrgreen:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Oh, it was reality, believe me.......I still have dreams about her,lol

Have gun, will travel
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Paladin wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:16 am Oh, it was reality, believe me.......I still have dreams about her,lol
If you go to the game Saturday night wear a name tag. I want to see what a 72 year old dick head looks like, ok stud? :D

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Paladin wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:16 am Oh, it was reality, believe me.......I still have dreams about her,lol
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if he would promise to do that, i'll hitch a ride with somebody headed up 23 from ironton,if I have to set in their car till the games are over. that I'd like to see myself. I never met a more pompous poster in all my life. Frankie I hope you have a phone with a nice camera.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:20 pm if he would promise to do that, i'll hitch a ride with somebody headed up 23 from ironton,if I have to set in their car till the games are over. that I'd like to see myself. I never met a more pompous poster in all my life. Frankie I hope you have a phone with a nice camera.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:20 pm Here — let me take it SLOWlY so the blowhards finally get it. France was named the COY because he COACHED a team of limited talent to the playoffs against a schedule no one expected him to win ( beating larger schools, beating 3 of the 4 playoff teams on their schedule and against 7 wining clubs ). And he had injuries to his limited “ stars”. Goes on to beat 2 other good teams in playoffs before losing the regional final to the favored potential State Champs. Almighty tiggers, loaded with transfers and several D- I recruits playing the likes of South Point, Chessy, Rock Hill, Coal Grove, etc still loses one with a loaded team. Who did the better job coaching ? Coaching David or coaching Goliath ? This is just another example of why people look at you and laugh. The parochial view here is “we are great”. The state wide view is quite something else. Rest assured the guy who did a great coaching job got the recognition. PERIOD

This as well as other well known reasons about a poor sportsmanship fan base gives you your well earned poor reputation.
Quite frankly I find you to be a complete tool bag but there are some things you do have good insight on and this is one of them. You come off as a pompous ass and I have no idea why you feel the need to explain yourself all the while want to bash fan bases. If you feel you're above everyone below the 70 line, which I have no idea why you would as you've earned your reputation as the prick you are, you don't have to hop on this sight. On this though I do agree given what Pendleton was handed to him, he has 7 kids who earned all ohio honors this year. If the Manchester coach did accomplish what they did in a year nothing was expected this is typically what the voters look at. Forget the schedule, because Manchester went 3-2 against DIV schools not some large power houses, also went 3-0 against 2 DVI and 1 DVII school but you failed to mention that. Centennial coach won coach of the year honors for DIII and they only beat 2 teams with a winning record and got waxed in the 1st round. It was the first year they ever made the playoffs and he done it with what 23 kids?? That's why he won it. It's not always the guy who has the best team otherwise it would be only state championship coaches winning the award. The year burg won state in 2017, Woodward didn't win coach of the year. You can make a point without acting like a tool, or like I said stay off the site no one is going to miss you.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Let me SLOW it down for you:

We. Dont. Care. What. You. Think.

Was that too hard?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Do I have to bring back the picture of you riding your little rascal again Paladin? I think we could all use a good laugh at your expense (again).

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

greygoose wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:10 pm

Quite frankly I find you to be a complete tool bag but there are some things you do have good insight on and this is one of them. You come off as a pompous ass and I have no idea why you feel the need to explain yourself all the while want to bash fan bases. If you feel you're above everyone below the 70 line, which I have no idea why you would as you've earned your reputation as the prick you are, you don't have to hop on this sight. On this though I do agree given what Pendleton was handed to him, he has 7 kids who earned all ohio honors this year. If the Manchester coach did accomplish what they did in a year nothing was expected this is typically what the voters look at. Forget the schedule, because Manchester went 3-2 against DIV schools not some large power houses, also went 3-0 against 2 DVI and 1 DVII school but you failed to mention that. Centennial coach won coach of the year honors for DIII and they only beat 2 teams with a winning record and got waxed in the 1st round. It was the first year they ever made the playoffs and he done it with what 23 kids?? That's why he won it. It's not always the guy who has the best team otherwise it would be only state championship coaches winning the award. The year burg won state in 2017, Woodward didn't win coach of the year. You can make a point without acting like a tool, or like I said stay off the site no one is going to miss you.
Long story short- He was in Logan. Couldnt win. They ran him out.

He now hates on all of SE Ohio.

He is a tool. Total @sshat.

The end.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:01 pm

Let me SLOW it down for you:

We. Dont. Care. What. You. Think.

Was that too hard?
I thought I saw somewhere that Paladine reads really slow, so slowing it down is probably a good thing. Also that he looked really slow on film. :mrgreen:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:03 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:10 pm

Long story short- He was in Logan. Couldnt win. They ran him out.

He now hates on all of SE Ohio.

He is a tool. Total @sshat.

The end.
Thanks, I was thinking along the lines but didn't know where at. No one has that sort of ax to grind unless they felt they were done wrong. I'm sure he feels it wasn't him,

Return to “Football”