State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 13-1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 13-1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

burgfella69 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:02 am Kirtland is the only team capable of beating Ironton in the entirety of Division V. Kirtland controlled Marion Local last year for 4 quarters. If Kirtland is as good or better than last year, this will be a helluva game. Kirtland plays very similar to Ironton. Both teams are physical and will run right at you. Ironton is tailor made to stop a team like Kirtland so I have to give the edge to Ironton but at the same time Kirtland has been doing the same thing for 10 years and there's been very few teams to stop them.

Good luck to the Tigers, representing SEO in Canton is a *big* deal.
that sounds like a plan then feller. cause they is the only 2 d5 teams still playing. so it was truly meant to be, and written in the stars that they meet.I cain't wait to watch this one. I don't care if the buckeyes were playing lsu. I would dvr the buckeye game. and I'd watch the ''fighting tiger'' game live. then go back n watch the buckeyes. this is heap big bid ness down here in southern ohio. GO TIGERS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:26 pm
burgfella69 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:02 am Kirtland is the only team capable of beating Ironton in the entirety of Division V. Kirtland controlled Marion Local last year for 4 quarters. If Kirtland is as good or better than last year, this will be a helluva game. Kirtland plays very similar to Ironton. Both teams are physical and will run right at you. Ironton is tailor made to stop a team like Kirtland so I have to give the edge to Ironton but at the same time Kirtland has been doing the same thing for 10 years and there's been very few teams to stop them.

Good luck to the Tigers, representing SEO in Canton is a *big* deal.
that sounds like a plan then feller. cause they is the only 2 d5 teams still playing. so it was truly meant to be, and written in the stars that they meet.I cain't wait to watch this one. I don't care if the buckeyes were playing lsu. I would dvr the buckeye game. and I'd watch the ''fighting tiger'' game live. then go back n watch the buckeyes. this is heap big bid ness down here in southern ohio. GO TIGERS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bucks are definitively getting TiVo’D!

Gotigersgo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jhc2010
Waterboy

Post by jhc2010 »

Is 1420/1230 AM broadcasting the game? I would assume they would broadcast the Ironton game but then what happens to OSU Football vs. Wisconsin? WQKT out of Wooster is producing a broadcast the first 6 HS Football championship games but then they are broadcasting OSU instead at 8 PM and leaving the Ironton game as the only one they do not broadcast this year.

chillman
Waterboy

Post by chillman »

Here is spectrum’s preview of game

Saturday: 7:45 pm: Division V – Kirtland vs. Ironton

This could be a case of saving the best for last. Kirtland claims the longest winning streak in Ohio, with 29 straight triumphs. That includes the Division VI championship last year. Amazingly, Hornets’ head coach Tiger LaVerde has just 17 losses (against 173 wins) in 14 years on the shores of Lake Erie. At the opposite of the end, nestled along the Ohio River, are the legendary Fighting Tigers of Ironton. They hope to be dressed to the 9’s after Saturday night, as a victory would mean the 2019 squad would join the 1989 and 1979 teams as state champs. Ironically, the Tigers lost in the state championship game in 1999.

Tigeralum71
Waterboy

Post by Tigeralum71 »

You mean tragically lost to the zebras when the Tigers played in the 1999 State championship game.

Go Tigers! Just Do It!

chillman
Waterboy

Post by chillman »

i was so sick after that game, i almost threw up in the parking lot. lol

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

Kirkland very good, will take great effort to pull the upset but it can be done, people from kirkland very respectful, very good fans, just hope tigers can go get it and bring it back home! LOVE THOSE TIGERS!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Ironton has been running a 4-3 and a 4-4 defense most of the year. I wonder since Kirtland is a double tight Wing-T if they're going to go into the 5-3 old Oklahoma defense? Maybe even a 6-2, but what I don't like about the 6-2 is if the offense breaks the second\ level, then you'd better have a stud at FS.

After watching film, If the center is uncovered they'll QB sneak it for 4-yards. Ironton has stud Lbs and a FS that can clean things up, but look out for the TE seam routes in a 6-2 cover 1. Personally, I'd go with a 5-2, D-line, 3-0-2 and monster(SS) the wide side of the field and never put my SS/OLB into the boundary. That's why you have the sideline there.

Ironton ILBs are studs but cannot get trapped Jr. Jones can handle both 0 gaps. CBs and DEs need to stay home and look for the reverse Kirtland loves to run.

*I know Ironton coaches know what they're doing, so just talking some defense here folks, b/c that's what is going to win this game.

GO TIGERS GO AND GETEM'!!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Mission 15, All In: Fighting Tigers to play for state title

Well, Ironton Fighting Tigers, here is your last game for the 2019 football season — so make it your best one yet.

https://seohiopreps.com/football/missio ... ate-title/

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wow, awesome picture of just elation and pure unbridled excitement. ole bait has the buckeyes set on the dvr with a 2 hour extention, in case of overtimes or something. i'll be glued to channel 1 watching the ironton game. and when it's over, I can start the ohio state game, and zip right through the game without watching commercials. hit don't get no better than that.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tigeralum71
Waterboy

Post by Tigeralum71 »

I wonder if Coach Mark Dantonio is allowed by recruiting rules to come to the game Saturday for physical support to one of his old players (coach Pendleton)??
Just being in the stands would be electric..

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:13 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:01 am
cbolt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:32 pm I don't know much about Kirtland this year. I watched them couple years ago when they bludgeon N-Y into submission in the State Semis with smash mouth physical football. Seems like their running backs were really quick! I hope mattash posts a live vid we can watch again.
Someone, I'm not certain who, had a live stream on youtube For the Burg State Championship. They live streamed a screen record on a laptop. The video was good. So........ if anyone can do that so I can watch this while at work, I'd be extremely grateful.
If you have an iPhone or a good Samsung you can watch on there
I'm just not s subscriber of Spectrum. I tried to watch a game last week and it asked for login info. I had the same issue 2 years ago but someone came through with the youtube livestream and I was able to watch it.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:43 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:01 am

Someone, I'm not certain who, had a live stream on youtube For the Burg State Championship. They live streamed a screen record on a laptop. The video was good. So........ if anyone can do that so I can watch this while at work, I'd be extremely grateful.
I'm just not s subscriber of Spectrum. I tried to watch a game last week and it asked for login info. I had the same issue 2 years ago but someone came through with the youtube livestream and I was able to watch it.
If you goto OHSAA.tv you can just pay 9.99 from your credit card and you watch it on the OHSAA website you won’t need a spectrum login

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I
Attachments
0A1F1CA0-8874-450A-9F78-DC887B7A464C.png

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:47 am

If you goto OHSAA.tv you can just pay 9.99 from your credit card and you watch it on the OHSAA website you won’t need a spectrum login
I'm trying to not pay a dime. Lmao. But if I have to I'll pay. I'm sure none of those proceeds go directly to either school. So I'm sure OHSAA is making BANK on this.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:49 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:47 am

I'm trying to not pay a dime. Lmao. But if I have to I'll pay. I'm sure none of those proceeds go directly to either school. So I'm sure OHSAA is making BANK on this.
You could ask a family member for there spectrum login info 😂

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The Fighting Tigers are on their way to Canton, left this morning. I believe they’ll be attending the State Championship game tonight.

Tigeralum71
Waterboy

Post by Tigeralum71 »

From Thurs Dec 5 Cleveland Plan Dealer (Cleveland.com):

Kirtland’s OHSAA state championship return starts at the ‘Church of Iron’

KIRTLAND, Ohio — Ray Sullivan opens Kirtland’s weight room every day. On Sunday mornings, it is the “Church of Iron.”

Sermons this year required extra donations of sweat and effort for what Kirtland needed to replace up front.

Kirtland coach Tiger LaVerde has praised Sullivan, one of his assistants who also is the football program's strength and conditioning coordinator, during many of the Hornets' runs to the state finals. That didn't change this year, as the task increased with Kirtland losing all but two or three starters to graduation and moving up to Division V.

"Our success will have a lot to do with what they did in the offseason, and that had a lot to do with Ray," LaVerde said back in August, unsure of what to expect after last year's undefeated Division VI state championship run.

Yet here is Kirtland (14-0) ready to face Ironton (13-1) at 8 p.m. Saturday in the OHSAA D-V state championship at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton.

The Hornets are smaller. Most of their defenders, outside of senior lineman Mike Alfieri, weigh no more than 200 pounds.

Their competition is bigger, moving up after championship runs in Division VI during 2018, '15 and '13.

And the results have been the same.

Sullivan said 18 players are members of their 900-Pound Club, a max-out test conducted in August of combined bench press, squad and clean lifts. Eighteen made the club last year during Kirtland's state title run, and 18 more this year despite the team being significantly smaller. Only three members of the club weigh at least 200 pounds.

"These kids push for each other," Sullivan said. "They don't just strive for the 900-Pound Club. They push for everybody."

Real Iron Men come from Ironton, Go get 'em TIgers!!
Last edited by Tigeralum71 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Hey people, READ the title. The name of the school is...………………………………

KIRTLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not Kirkland

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:45 pm Hey people, READ the title. The name of the school is...………………………………

KIRTLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not Kirkland

Who cares , we know who they mean, GO TIGERS

Return to “Football”