Ironton Fighting Tigers Football 2020

mattash
Site Admin

Ironton Fighting Tigers Football 2020

Post by mattash »

Ironton talk only please

What's the depth chart looking like? Should make another run with a possible Ohio in Carrico.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by MrFirstTake »

Anybody who watched this team this year knows they will be very good next year. To me the biggest thing to replace is the qb the other defensive players they lost pretty good to but I seen things from underclass men that lead me to believe we will be ok. Carrico Howell hacker Cochran Boggs Crabtree Deere Duncan carter are the first few names that come to mind when I think of starters next year because most of them started and play significant minutes this year

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😡
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Plus I know there freshman and jv team was very solid this year I’m sure at least a few kids from those teams will step up with another offseason under the new weight program

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Tigers will be solid. Early favorite to win the ovc.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Returning Starters - off the top of my head

Carrico β€”- RB/LB
Deere β€”β€”- RB/LB
Howell β€”β€” WR/S
Duncan β€”β€” HB/LB/DE
Hacker β€”β€”- WR/S
Crabtree β€”β€” HB/LB/DE
Crawford β€”β€” HB/LB/DE
White β€”β€”β€”β€” C/DT
Boggs β€”β€”β€”β€”- T/DT
Cochran β€”β€”- T/DT
Cecil β€”β€”β€”β€”- T/DT

York QB/S and Carpenter TE/LB will be back from injuries suffered early in the season.

Look for Carter RB/S to step in along with Carpenter QB/LB both will be Sophomores.

The Fighting Tigers rotated a lot of Lineman this year, a lot of Sophomores played.

Go Fighting Tigers.....
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

This Tiger team just played a half season more than most teams in the state of Ohio, and the last 5 games was against the best D5 competition in Ohio. The extra half season of experience will only help them to be that much more experienced and prepared going into next season. I see another deep playoff run with possibly another matchup with Kirtland. 15 games is a lot of game experience.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

Most likely you'll be seeing Carpenter at the QB position for the next 3 years. Carrico is going to be a year bigger, stronger, and faster which is scary. Deere does a great job at FB and may share those duties with Crawford. Carter will grow this Winter/Spring and should be Carrico's back up at the HB. The line loses Davidson but Cochran or McCall could step into that role joining returning starters White, M. Davis, Boggs, and Cecil. Stevens could also help on the line. Hacker, Howell, and Freshman Wilson will all be great options at WR. Carter could be used at WR as well. Duncan will get stronger and be a force at TE splitting time with Crabtree and possibly D. Carpenter.
The defense returns Cochran and Crawford on the line but loses All Ohio linemen in Fosson and Jones. Duncan, M. Davis, and Crabtree could play the ends while Boggs, Stevens, and McCall could rotate on the inside. All 3 linebackers return with Deere, Carrico, and Crabtree. Duncan can play at LB as well as Sloan, D. Carpenter, Carter, and Freshman Barnes. The corners will be Hacker and possibly Howell unless Howell returns to safety. Browning and Freshman Mize could also slide in at corner. Losing All Ohio Salyers at the safety hurts. Carter started several games at safety this year and may line up next to Howell back there. If Howell is at corner you may see York, Sloan, or Freshman Wilson at Safety.
This team loses a lot of leadership but returns plenty of talent. Carrico, Deere, Crabtree, and Howell are all strong leaders who are very capable of taking this team back to Canton.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I sure hate to see these seniors go. I'm not naming names. Some get left out that deserve mention so I'll avoid that. However, I talked to one of them a few minutes ago and told him how proud we were of them all. They were great!

I am also excited about the next few years. The freshman class is loaded and many will see a lot of starting time next year. RB's aren't an issue whatsoever for the Tigers in my eyes. We got them, concern yourself naught. Maybe not the load you had coming at you this year but I believe they'll be a bit faster. I don't mean to add any pressure to young Mr. Carrico but I'm sure anxious to see what the 20/20 version of him will be.

We also have a young coach that I believe has shown he's got great aptitude for coaching. He knows football, he's intelligent, he's got great drive and desire and he's a heck of a motivator. I've listened to him speak to the media, he carries himself well and he's articulate. To take a team to the state your second year as being a head coach is something very special. I can't help but think he'll be even better next year as he, like all young coaches, continues to gain more knowledge through experience.

Transfers? Oh, yeah, we'll get some. Most schools do. Seriously, do you think all that group at Kirtland was homegrown? Anyway, young man wanting a good scholarship and playing for a team and school that really is invested equally with his efforts? yeah, that's gotta be tempting

The WORD IS.......BEAT THE BURG!

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

a mere 10 point loss to a program like Kirtland, with a 2nd year head coach who had no previous experience as a head coach is extremely admirable to me. and Pendleton is now our ad as well. they'll get more shots at it. and ironton could not be any more proud than they are of the whole program. a sleeping giant has awakened. right now they are ''the beasts of the east in their region'' till somebody proves different.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: ↑Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:35 pm Returning Starters - off the top of my head

Carrico β€”- RB/LB
Deere β€”β€”- RB/LB
Howell β€”β€” WR/S
Duncan β€”β€” HB/LB/DE
Hacker β€”β€”- WR/S
Browning β€”- HB/CB
Crabtree β€”β€” HB/LB/DE
Crawford β€”β€” HB/LB/DE
White β€”β€”β€”β€” C/DT
Boggs β€”β€”β€”β€”- T/DT
McCall β€”β€”β€”- T/DT
Cochran β€”β€”- T/DT
Cecil β€”β€”β€”β€”- T/DT

York QB/S and Carpenter TE/LB will be back from injuries suffered early in the season.

Look for Carter RB/S to step in along with Carpenter QB/LB both will be Sophomores.

The Fighting Tigers rotated a lot of Lineman this year, a lot of Sophomores played.

Go Fighting Tigers.....
Browning and McCall did not start or play with the first team

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Tripaces wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:15 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: ↑Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:35 pm Returning Starters - off the top of my head

Carrico β€”- RB/LB
Deere β€”β€”- RB/LB
Howell β€”β€” WR/S
Duncan β€”β€” HB/LB/DE
Hacker β€”β€”- WR/S
Browning β€”- HB/CB
Crabtree β€”β€” HB/LB/DE
Crawford β€”β€” HB/LB/DE
White β€”β€”β€”β€” C/DT
Boggs β€”β€”β€”β€”- T/DT
McCall β€”β€”β€”- T/DT
Cochran β€”β€”- T/DT
Cecil β€”β€”β€”β€”- T/DT

Go Fighting Tigers.....
Got you, thought they rotated in and out. So, we have 11 returning starter?

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:11 am
Tripaces wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:15 am

Carrico β€”- RB/LB
Deere β€”β€”- RB/LB
Howell β€”β€” WR/S
Duncan β€”β€” HB/LB/DE
Hacker β€”β€”- WR/S
Browning β€”- HB/CB
Crabtree β€”β€” HB/LB/DE
Crawford β€”β€” HB/LB/DE
White β€”β€”β€”β€” C/DT
Boggs β€”β€”β€”β€”- T/DT
McCall β€”β€”β€”- T/DT
Cochran β€”β€”- T/DT
Cecil β€”β€”β€”β€”- T/DT

Go Fighting Tigers.....
Got you, thought they rotated in and out. So, we have 11 returning starter?
I think Browning played on kick offs if I’m not mistaken

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Ok so I'm just throwing this out there, any truth that a certain big power college football program asked their Ironton commit to play his final year at IMG prep school in Texas?

_BlackBeard_
Waterboy

Post by _BlackBeard_ »

BlizzardMan wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:46 am Ok so I'm just throwing this out there, any truth that a certain big power college football program asked their Ironton commit to play his final year at IMG prep school in Texas?
If I recall correctly, that is what OSU told former East OT Tyler Gerald to transfer to IMG to see him against better competition.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

_BlackBeard_ wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:53 am
BlizzardMan wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:46 am Ok so I'm just throwing this out there, any truth that a certain big power college football program asked their Ironton commit to play his final year at IMG prep school in Texas?
If I recall correctly, that is what OSU told former East OT Tyler Gerald to transfer to IMG to see him against better competition.
Well I think that sucks and I hope it's not true.

_BlackBeard_
Waterboy

Post by _BlackBeard_ »

BlizzardMan wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:57 am
_BlackBeard_ wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:53 am
Well I think that sucks and I hope it's not true.
This was a couple years back.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Ohio State kids usually attend IMG in Florida

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

fbnut wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:39 pm
Ohio State kids usually attend IMG in Florida
Burrow stayed at Athens his senior year. I'm guessing with that defense, Mr. Carrico will do whatever he needs to in order to get a spot as soon as he can. It'll be a shame to lose the best player in our area for his senior year.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Carrico is not leaving

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Him an Deere will be back better and stronger right beside each other at lb