Post by countywide35 »

Here we go folks.

Let’s get to talking.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: #2 OSU vs #3 Clemson National Semi Final

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I'm taking the Buckeyes 31-17 in this one.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:28 pm I'm taking the Buckeyes 31-17 in this one.
I hope that you're right. I'm concerned about 2 things, doesn't seem as if the defensive line is getting enough pressure on the QB, and poor Tuf Borland could not outrun his grandmother. I should have said 3 things, very concerned about Fields being mobile enough to scramble the way he did before the injury. If we thought that the Badgers put pressure on him with there defensive front, I'm afraid what Clemson may be able to do.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

State needs to get healthy. I'm tired of whiny Dabo. Beat their a$$!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

dazed&confused wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:34 pm State needs to get healthy. I'm tired of whiny Dabo. Beat their a$$!
They did get screwed

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:24 pm
dazed&confused wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:34 pm State needs to get healthy. I'm tired of whiny Dabo. Beat their a$$!
They did get screwed
Raider, I know that you like to kid a lot, and mayby at times to even get a rise out of someone. With the schedule they played, and that almighty powerful ACC conference, how can you say that with a straight face ?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

They are defending national champ. Their conference has won 3 of the last 6 national titles. Clemson is the defending national champ. Have won 27 straight and beat Ohio State 31-0 as one of their 5 playoff wins. Clemson reminds me of USC in the early 2000’s.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:51 pm They are defending national champ. Their conference has won 3 of the last 6 national titles. Clemson is the defending national champ. Have won 27 straight and beat Ohio State 31-0 as one of their 5 playoff wins. Clemson reminds me of USC in the early 2000’s.
This is why people on here cant even begin to take you or what you say seriously.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:51 pm They are defending national champ. Their conference has won 3 of the last 6 national titles. Clemson is the defending national champ. Have won 27 straight and beat I'm Ohio State 31-0 as one of their 5 playoff wins. Clemson reminds me of USC in the early 2000’s.
They very well may be the best team after all is said and done. I don't have a lot of confidence in the Buckeyes playing them at all, even though I'm very hopeful. I just have a tough time seeing where they would be deserving of being rated #1 with the schedule that they have played.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I could care less who we play. and we owe Clemson anyway. just like in 14 we won the harder of the 2 games 1st. because bama was a much better/tougher opponent than Oregon who we played for the natty. it doesn't matter to me who we play. to be the best, you gotta beat the best. so let's hop in and see where we stand. that's all you can do. the highest ranked team Clemson beat was virginny. but that don't mean squat in head to head play. but ohio state is much, much more battler tested this year than Clemson. can we beat them, let's get it on and see.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:51 pm They are defending national champ. Their conference has won 3 of the last 6 national titles. Clemson is the defending national champ. Have won 27 straight and beat Ohio State 31-0 as one of their 5 playoff wins. Clemson reminds me of USC in the early 2000’s.
This is also a completely new year.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Ohio State is playing in Arizona because the Ohio State fan base shows up big time in Arizona.

OSU was banged up in the secondary against Wisconsin. The being tested and behind will help the Buckeyes got on a roll to beat a good team. Playing a team for a second time is tough but so is the Semi Final game. Good to get some time off to heal and get ready to play. The defensive line needs to come out and play way better. To tackle the the running backs and not depend on the LB's. Then get in the way of Lawrence in the passing game.

Both teams need to limit the big scoring blitz by the other team. The small things will add up along with forced errors. May it be turnovers, penalties or just blown assignments. Could be a good close game or over 20 point win by either team.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Defensive coaches need to camouflage Chase and throw some different looks on the field. It's been too easy last few games just putting double and triple team on Young and moving plays away from him. Do some stunts and let him pressure the middle.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:34 am Defensive coaches need to camouflage Chase and throw some different looks on the field. It's been too easy last few games just putting double and triple team on Young and moving plays away from him. Do some stunts and let him pressure the middle.

well I hoping dazd that the coaches have seen it now enough too make those changes and have things prepared for when they do. Someone else made a good point that we are very much better at a pocket passer BUT that is when we see a lot of 4,5,6, step drops. I think Clemson will have their speedy QB doing the same as what we have seen the last two weeks against ttun and wisky. Quick get the ball out at 3 step drops. Chase Young gets double team almost every single play. The quick 3step get the ball out is what givin not only young but the entire defense fits. its good counter offense against a good defense. we need our other role/key defensive players now ever more than before stepping up and having lights out games too. this is the time for that... I like our chances and I like our situation. We are playing well, we have been faced with some adversity here the last three weeks (GREAT THING) and overcome it, we have been down/Clemson has not, the revenge aspect we have---these seniors and players WILL BE reminded this week of the 31-0 swhacking , I aspct classy Ryan Day to downplay Dabos us against the world nobody respects us. Ryan Day will give credit where credit is due and praise Dabo and Clemson with remarks of 'they are the champs, top dogs defeneding national title team". We are playing great team defense and can the run ball!!!! special teams are there and most importly…….we have time to rest and get healed up....

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

as far as the speed aspect goes......whatever speed Clemson has OSU has too.....period

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:34 am Defensive coaches need to camouflage Chase and throw some different looks on the field. It's been too easy last few games just putting double and triple team on Young and moving plays away from him. Do some stunts and let him pressure the middle.
I agree. The defensive pressure has been extremely vanilla and giving QB's all day to throw as we saw against ttun and Wisky.

When they are double blocking Chase, there has to be a guy unblocked. Every. Time. Where is that defender and why no pressure?

Not sure why they NEVER run a CB or Safety blitz on the side opposite of Chase. Seems like a couple of good shots on their QB from it and they would have to stop double blocking Chase to pick up on the back side help.

Lawrence will pick our defense apart if we dont do a better job of getting pressure on him than we did Shea and Coan. Open the darn defense up!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

It'll be interesting to see how Clemson reacts playing against athletes of the same caliber for the first time this year. OSU has to win the jump ball situations, because that's a big part of the Clemson passing game.

I think you'll see a lot of zone defense against Clemson. It seems like OSU isn't getting pressure because teams are max protecting with 3 step drops hitting on the quick passing game. We saw what happened against Wisky when they went zone and Coan had to think about where he was going with the ball, instead of throwing a pre-determined read, the d-line started to get home and rush Coan's throws.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Just watched Ryan Days interview on Keith Moorehouse’s Soorts bit on WSAZ and Ryan day was making sure everyone knew Clemson is the big dog defending national champs.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Vegas has Clemson as the slight favorite

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Well the best part about this all now is it is all on the field. All the talking is over. Let's play!

Return to “College Sports”