Ironton at Wheelersburg, 2020

Otto
JV Team

Re: Ironton at Wheelersburg, 2020

Post by Otto »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:25 pm
scott1297 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:27 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:45 am

Recruiting pitch Bait? Lucrative? Exposure? What are you talking about? Blaine Scott is playing for West Virginia, he played at East high school. Pleasant from Coal Grove is about to get drafted to the NFL. You talk as if open enrollment is a recruiting tool.

If a new student comes to Ironton next year through open enrollment, if done correctly, they will have to sit out the latter part of the season. Otherwise they will actually have to prove they have moved into district. I read somewhere where one of Ironton's transfers was checked upon several times during the season. Not sure what they were looking for other than they wanted proof that they were actually living there.
Yeah Ironton has been there 9 times but lost 7 of those games wow not a good record at state but does it matter? Or is it ok just to get there?
Your program has to have 9 before you can ask.
So I guess that means only the Newark Catholic guys on here can ask. They've been there 14 times and won 8 of them.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:03 pm
Yeah Ironton has been there 9 times but lost 7 of those games wow not a good record at state but does it matter? Or is it ok just to get there?
Touche lol.

You burned him alive.
I enjoy this particular demographic. I enjoy the convenient timelines that help support their even more convenient narratives. I enjoy their imaginary conclusions within those convenient narratives. But most of all I am enjoying watching them struggle mightily with humility. Nothing and I repeat, NOTHING, is more prophetic than listening over and over to the Burg fan base run around all summer long, screaming about being the southern ohio powerhouse that is deep, and fast, and another in a long line of what apparently over just 8 or 9 years, became the most dominant dynasy in the history of southern ohio football and nothing before or after it amounts to anything. 😂😂😂

In only a few short months, we went from being the alpha to being depleted and demolished by injury, back to being the odds on favorite to win the region, to other teams in their region being afraid of post season rematches with them, back to being just depleted by injury and inexperience again.

It is erroneous that all of these southern ohio programs recruit like they do, leaving poor ethical beyond reproach Wheelersburg to fend for themselves against these new Mater Dei like academies in southern ohio. Ironton Academy recruited 29 division 1 5 stars in one year and they all came from portsmouth west and Miami Central. It's just unheard of how Ironton stacked the deck. Who do they think they are, Golden State?

If not for alllll of the injuries and the southern ohio academy recruiting, the deepest, fastest, dynasty in southern ohio football, Wheelersburg, 😂😂😂 could have been a contender. 😂😂😂

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Otto wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:00 am
So I guess that means only the Newark Catholic guys on here can ask. They've been there 14 times and won 8 of them.
Yup. They can ask.
Scioto county Ironton impersonators can't. 🤷‍♂️

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Laying aside the absurdity of somebody mocking a program that's made it to the state championship game 9 times and has been the second-best in the state 7 of those, I would wonder what is the record for the most second place finishes in the state?

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

kantucky wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:45 am Laying aside the absurdity of somebody mocking a program that's made it to the state championship game 9 times and has been the second-best in the state 7 of those, I would wonder what is the record for the most second place finishes in the state?
Who ever remembers second place ?

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Sport Fan wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:54 pm
kantucky wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:45 am Laying aside the absurdity of somebody mocking a program that's made it to the state championship game 9 times and has been the second-best in the state 7 of those, I would wonder what is the record for the most second place finishes in the state?

Yet, its the ongoing conversation in this thread....Odd, huh?

Who really remembers number 1 unless it's your team? I can only tell you one year that Burg was there long ago. I have heard a bit that they were there recently but I didn't know much about it

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

kantucky wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:03 pm

Who really remembers number 1 unless it's your team? I can only tell you one year that Burg was there long ago. I have heard a bit that they were there recently but I didn't know much about it

You my sir, know everything about the Burg, you always bring them up in your conversations . Why?

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Sport Fan wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:14 pm
kantucky wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:03 pm

You my sir, know everything about the Burg, you always bring them up in your conversations . Why?
Sorry, I can't accept that description of me so I can't answer you.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton returns some nice pieces where burg will actually be fielding a new offensive team except for maybe two players. Defensive line will be a mystery as to who will step up but defensive backfield and lb will be their strong suit. Ironton will have no idea what to expect offensively out of the burg. I think they will be better suited passing next year but that’s just my opinion on it. I think ironton will run more compared to this year. That will be their strong suit. Irontons o line and d line look good but their secondary will need players to fill voids.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

wobycat wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:39 pm Ironton returns some nice pieces where burg will actually be fielding a new offensive team except for maybe two players. Defensive line will be a mystery as to who will step up but defensive backfield and lb will be their strong suit. Ironton will have no idea what to expect offensively out of the burg. I think they will be better suited passing next year but that’s just my opinion on it. I think ironton will run more compared to this year. That will be their strong suit. Irontons o line and d line look good but their secondary will need players to fill voids.
Sounds very accurate. You all tossed a monkey wrench at us this year when you changed QB's. A learning experience for our new staff I'm thinking. This game will be huge, it's worthy of all the attention it gets I think.

Also, by being the first game of the year, it really doesn't totally prepare either team to face the other in the post season as both teams will have mutated by then from way back in the summer

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Ironton has that record. I believe

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

kantucky wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:55 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:39 pm Ironton returns some nice pieces where burg will actually be fielding a new offensive team except for maybe two players. Defensive line will be a mystery as to who will step up but defensive backfield and lb will be their strong suit. Ironton will have no idea what to expect offensively out of the burg. I think they will be better suited passing next year but that’s just my opinion on it. I think ironton will run more compared to this year. That will be their strong suit. Irontons o line and d line look good but their secondary will need players to fill voids.
Sounds very accurate. You all tossed a monkey wrench at us this year when you changed QB's. A learning experience for our new staff I'm thinking. This game will be huge, it's worthy of all the attention it gets I think.

Also, by being the first game of the year, it really doesn't totally prepare either team to face the other in the post season as both teams will have mutated by then from way back in the summer
Looking back at it, burg needed a perfect game to try to beat ironton. Next year, I think burg will bring a more balanced team offensively, sound but not explosive. Ironton should be favored, but I think the burg will have a better chance to win it in 2020 compared to this year.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:55 pm
Ironton has that record. I believe
Now they do. They were tied with Coldwater and Newark Catholic who have 6 runner-up trophies each.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

vladimir wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:20 pm Talent is only part of being recognized, the other part is the old "Who ya know." A good example of this is Cain Madden aka Dump Truck of Minford, he was going to Fairmont, WV to play DII football. A Minford coach who was a former Marshall player had direct access to Marshall's coaching staff was able to fast track Cain into Marshall's program for a tryout and, eventually he was awarded a walk-on scholarship. Cain became a starter at OG for Marshall as a Redshirt Freshman. Currently in his RSJR year, he's been awarded the C-USA O-lineman of the week a handful of times. Maybe the NFL is in his future? We'll see, but without someone who knew the Marshall staff, Cain may have been stuck in Fairmont, WV for 4-yrs and never found.

I also agree a kid can be found anywhere, but it never hurts to know someone with direct access to D1 BIG10 programs such as Pendleton. Otherwise, you're counting on your coaching staff to send out info to college coaches to get recognition and a little luck some staff member takes the time to watch a highlight film.

Pendleton went to Michigan State via West Portsmouth and, was discovered by attending offseason football camps. So that's also a route, but those camps aren't free and many families simply cannot afford to send their kids to summer football camps. Then it'll come down to who ya know to get a grant to attend a camp or two.
that is awesome. congratulations to him.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wobycat wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:45 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:16 am the success at ironton this year. and what coach Pendleton has done in just his second year are going to be extremely lucrative looking to an athlete at an adjoining school district. they just played in a state game. something the vast majority of schools never, ever have experienced unless they attended them somewhere. this was ironton's 9th appearance in the state title game. and folks are going to take notice that have exceptional athletes in places they'll get little to no exposure in the system they are currently in. so through whomevers decision it is, I expect to see more transfers. as long as everything is done the right way. it was unheard of when I played. but open enrollment has opened this door I believe to even up the field a little bit with private/catholic schools competitively wise. heck I done it with my 2 sons. there were other factors, but I did, and I'm glad my sons got to experience the rock hill district up till their junior high years, and then they went to ironton. and every weekend and summer night the house was filled with ironton and rock hill kids. all having madden tournaments. there at anytime could have 4/5 TV's running at the same time while they competed. and they were kids raised with respect , and they all got along great. sometimes we had young'uns from the symmes valley district as well. you never knew who to expect. I certainly miss those days. because I generally was right in the thick of it surrounded by all these wonderful young men..
Recruiting pitch Bait? Lucrative? Exposure? What are you talking about? Blaine Scott is playing for West Virginia, he played at East high school. Pleasant from Coal Grove is about to get drafted to the NFL. You talk as if open enrollment is a recruiting tool.

If a new student comes to Ironton next year through open enrollment, if done correctly, they will have to sit out the latter part of the season. Otherwise they will actually have to prove they have moved into district. I read somewhere where one of Ironton's transfers was checked upon several times during the season. Not sure what they were looking for other than they wanted proof that they were actually living there.
scott, hit sure beats the heck outta not getting there. I think your smart enough to answer this question without my help.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Otto wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:00 am
that's impressive otto. they have an amazing program.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the programs that were there do.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:37 pm
the programs that were there do.
Truthfully, No one really cares if you win it. After you win it, it’s just a memory

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironton 35
Burg 7

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

It's being discussed ain't it genius? 😂😂🤫

Return to “Football”