Ironton Fighting Tigers Football 2020

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by greygoose »

laser breath wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:04 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:58 pm me too, and it's gonna get worse , before it gets better. the ''fighting tigers'' are back. I'd be ashamed to have this little respect for such a great opponent as ironton or wheelersburg. what was it 2old used to call it ''tiger envy'' cause laser is ett up with it.
Everything I’ve posted is true. Don’t be mad because someone is calling it out. Don’t be mad when burg gets back to beating ironton next year too. Going to have to put together a few more wins against the Pirates instead of pounding your chest with a stacked team to say you’re back.
Don't be so angry because players have stopped using that wheelersburg exit to head to football practice now. You guys are still right where you need to be East is down, South Webster, New Boston, Clay they don't have football. Seems like to me a week 1 loss to Ironton has stuck in the crawl of the Burg faithful more than the butt whoopin they took at the hands of the Johnnies in the playoffs to end the year last year. WOW, never seen a fan base hang onto 1 game, then again I won't blame an entire group just a handful of posters. Both teams need to enjoy next couple years because West has a group coming up that is probably going to rival some of those early 2000 teams.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

greygoose wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:17 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:58 pm me too, and it's gonna get worse , before it gets better. the ''fighting tigers'' are back. I'd be ashamed to have this little respect for such a great opponent as ironton or wheelersburg. what was it 2old used to call it ''tiger envy'' cause laser is ett up with it.
Everything I’ve posted is true. Don’t be mad because someone is calling it out. Don’t be mad when burg gets back to beating ironton next year too. Going to have to put together a few more wins against the Pirates instead of pounding your chest with a stacked team to say you’re back.
Don't be so angry because players have stopped using that wheelersburg exit to head to football practice now. You guys are still right where you need to be East is down, South Webster, New Boston, Clay they don't have football. Seems like to me a week 1 loss to Ironton has stuck in the crawl of the Burg faithful more than the butt whoopin they took at the hands of the Johnnies in the playoffs to end the year last year. WOW, never seen a fan base hang onto 1 game, then again I won't blame an entire group just a handful of posters. Both teams need to enjoy next couple years because West has a group coming up that is probably going to rival some of those early 2000 teams.

Lol. West? Come on. Based on junior high? Lol

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

laser breath wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:18 pm

Lol. West? Come on. Based on junior high? Lol
Have to wait and see, glad that's what you took from all of that pretty funny actually.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

laser breath wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:23 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:58 am Yeah wheelersburg is the least of irontons worries trust me. Literally the least. If ironton beats burg again I may have to delete my account because I won't be able to handle all the crying and talk of how ironton should be given the death penalty like SMU
Once the talent evens out, which might happen this year, It will go back to coaching, edge back to burg.
Just when in the Heaven's name do you think that's going to happen? It sure ain't going to be in 2020! The Tigers should be loaded next year! Yes, we've lost some great kids, who'll be talked about for a long time from now, no doubt, but we have some darn fine ones coming at you again next year. You may not see as much beef coming at you but you're going to see a whole lot more speed in my opinion. Not to mention the team's going to be built around that man-child, Reid Carrico

I have said for a good while now that Wheelersburg has had the best program in Southern Ohio. It must be so depressing to you guys to now see Ironton's program growing by the day and know,......know the only way you can get out of the region is by going through the Tigers! I'd probably want to puke thinking about it.
Last edited by kantucky on Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

kantucky wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:48 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:58 am Yeah wheelersburg is the least of irontons worries trust me. Literally the least. If ironton beats burg again I may have to delete my account because I won't be able to handle all the crying and talk of how ironton should be given the death penalty like SMU
Once the talent evens out, which might happen this year, It will go back to coaching, edge back to burg.
Just when in the Heaven's name do you think that's going to happen? It sure ain't going to be in 2020! The Tigers should be loaded next year! Yes, we've lost some great kids, who'll be talked about for a long time from now, no doubt, but we have some darn fine ones coming at you again next year.

I have said for a good while now that Wheelersburg has had the best program in Southern Ohio. It must be so depressing to you guys to now see Ironton's program growing by the day and know,......know the only way you can get out of the region is by going through the Tigers!
The sophomore classes are even. Burg is better at the junior position. Seniors are even except carrico of course. If burg can contain him like Kirtland, I’ll give the edge to burg. That’s unless the coaching staff goes out and gets them six more. TBD

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Do you really believe what you just said?

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

kantucky wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:56 am Do you really believe what you just said?
100 percent. You’re delusional if you think ironton is going to bring in a team like they had last year. That team should have never been beat by anyone

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

MY THOUGHTS AS WELL GOOSE . CAN THESE ''CERTAIN FEW'' PIRATE FANS HERE THAT ARE POSTING THIS NONSENSE. CAN THEY SAY ''FIXATED''. IT MAKES THE WHOLE BASE OF FANS LOOK BAD. AND I KNOW ENOUGH BURG FANS AND BEEN TO ENOUGH OF THESE RIVALRY GAMES TO KNOW THAT BURG FANS ARE FINE, WONDERFUL PEOPLE, JUST LIKE THE FIGHTING TIGER FANS. DANG MAN, GET OVER IT YA'LL.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

laser breath wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:02 am
kantucky wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:56 am Do you really believe what you just said?
100 percent. You’re delusional if you think ironton is going to bring in a team like they had last year. That team should have never been beat by anyone
Maybe you should stick to burg topics and not ironton 2020, honestly you come off as a huge troll at this point. I mean you've got to be the top poster when it comes to ironton post and you're a burg guy, that's just sad.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

greygoose wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:54 pm
Maybe you should stick to burg topics and not ironton 2020, honestly you come off as a huge troll at this point. I mean you've got to be the top poster when it comes to ironton post and you're a burg guy, that's just sad.
Maybe you should not piggy back off my comments. I’m just responding to other ones.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

laser breath wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:28 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:54 pm

Maybe you should not piggy back off my comments. I’m just responding to other ones.
Is that your justification?? Maybe you should go back and look everything over you add nothing to a conversation about ironton other than your whining about ironton did this or did that and constantly chiming in with needless and bitter comments. I mean you're the only burg poster who spends more time commenting/bashing on ironton. I can't wait for when you bring something new to a conversation other than the same pointless drivel you've been crying about since week 1.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

AMEN BROTHER. HEY YA'LL HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS. GREETINGS FROM ''THE BAITCAVE'' YTB.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

laser breath wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:55 am

Just when in the Heaven's name do you think that's going to happen? It sure ain't going to be in 2020! The Tigers should be loaded next year! Yes, we've lost some great kids, who'll be talked about for a long time from now, no doubt, but we have some darn fine ones coming at you again next year.

I have said for a good while now that Wheelersburg has had the best program in Southern Ohio. It must be so depressing to you guys to now see Ironton's program growing by the day and know,......know the only way you can get out of the region is by going through the Tigers!
The sophomore classes are even. Burg is better at the junior position. Seniors are even except carrico of course. If burg can contain him like Kirtland, I’ll give the edge to burg. That’s unless the coaching staff goes out and gets them six more. TBD
The Sophomore classes are nowhere near even, nor are the Senior classes. I'm nut sure what Burg has in the Junior class but their Sophs and Seniors are nowhere near a match for Ironton's.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Ironton is still loaded everyone who lives in ironton knows. That freshman class has been turning heads since youth football. Dominated Jr high. Jv dominated. Most know how good Carter and Carpenter are but there's a lot more that will get a shot next season to compliment a stacked team. Ironton will be a lot faster next year. The kicking game and the defensive line will be the hardest to replace. Ironton vs Burg will be tough in Burg, but Burg lost a lot so acting like they are the favorite is hilarious.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Frogtownbuckeye wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:31 am

The Sophomore classes are nowhere near even, nor are the Senior classes. I'm nut sure what Burg has in the Junior class but their Sophs and Seniors are nowhere near a match for Ironton's.
You’re kidding yourself about the comparison of sophomore classes. The RB twins for burg will be studs. The QB will be back with them and they have a coup of more skilled kids that are going to be good. They need a better line but that will come with the 8th grade. The senior class will be good. Trust me. They don’t have s superstar like carrico but they will be good.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

tigerfan98 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:32 am Ironton is still loaded everyone who lives in ironton knows. That freshman class has been turning heads since youth football. Dominated Jr high. Jv dominated. Most know how good Carter and Carpenter are but there's a lot more that will get a shot next season to compliment a stacked team. Ironton will be a lot faster next year. The kicking game and the defensive line will be the hardest to replace. Ironton vs Burg will be tough in Burg, but Burg lost a lot so acting like they are the favorite is hilarious.
I didn’t say they would be favored. I said it will start to even back out. That spells trouble for the tigers.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

laser breath wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:10 am

You’re kidding yourself about the comparison of sophomore classes. The RB twins for burg will be studs. The QB will be back with them and they have a coup of more skilled kids that are going to be good. They need a better line but that will come with the 8th grade. The senior class will be good. Trust me. They don’t have s superstar like carrico but they will be good.
I have no doubt Burg's Senior class will not be good but great. They keep athletes on hand at all times. That said, the Freshman game AT Burg last year was 38-6. Burg scored in garbage time and couldn't move the ball all game. I understand Burg's main Freshman athlete didn't play in that game but Ironton has seen him before. He's a great athlete but much better on the basketball court than the football field. Ironton was searching the sidelines for more kids to get into the endzone. Six different kids scored touchdowns. If Ironton had been primarily Carpenter, Carter, Wilson, and Barnes, the game would've gotten much uglier. Carpenter and Carter are elite players already with Barnes and Wilson very close behind them. Add in Mize, Martin, Weekly, Freeman, Brown, Kirk, and company, and Burg's Sophomore class isn't close. Burg is a great program no doubt, and their coaching staff will always have their guys well prepared. But if we're talking talent vs talent, the Sophomore classes-to be are worlds apart.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Frogtownbuckeye wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:49 am

I have no doubt Burg's Senior class will not be good but great. They keep athletes on hand at all times. That said, the Freshman game AT Burg last year was 38-6. Burg scored in garbage time and couldn't move the ball all game. I understand Burg's main Freshman athlete didn't play in that game but Ironton has seen him before. He's a great athlete but much better on the basketball court than the football field. Ironton was searching the sidelines for more kids to get into the endzone. Six different kids scored touchdowns. If Ironton had been primarily Carpenter, Carter, Wilson, and Barnes, the game would've gotten much uglier. Carpenter and Carter are elite players already with Barnes and Wilson very close behind them. Add in Mize, Martin, Weekly, Freeman, Brown, Kirk, and company, and Burg's Sophomore class isn't close. Burg is a great program no doubt, and their coaching staff will always have their guys well prepared. But if we're talking talent vs talent, the Sophomore classes-to be are worlds apart.
I sorely disagree because the freshman line aren’t good but the 8th is but I appreciate your comments. You don’t back down. I like it.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

laser breath wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:38 pm
Frogtownbuckeye wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:49 am

I sorely disagree because the freshman line aren’t good but the 8th is but I appreciate your comments. You don’t back down. I like it.
Back down isn't in me, but I certainly give props to a great program like Burg's. I'm one of the many Fighting Tigers (believe it or not, there are many, just not well represented here) who root strongly for Burg anytime they go beyond us. And yes, your 8th grade looked good this year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm one of em froggie. I have a great respect for their pirate program. until 2007, they had only won 3 matchups with the fighting tigers. they could have stopped playing us, but they didn't and I respect that. now we got a series again that is very closely contested. and one of the premiere rivalries in the state. I hope that never changes. look at burg/Portsmouth now. nothing but a memory and those 2 should always play each others as well. some awesome athletes in these 2 districts and 2 of the best coaching staffs around. I am thankful for the series, and look to it with great anticipation every season. and then you have people like laser who give their program a black eye with all his whining and lack of respect for opponents. calling games scrimmages and constant talk of a running clock. I admire the fact that a substantial lead should be an opportunity to develop younger kids for the next step. believe me us fighting tiger fans love nothing more than jawing with the fans of another fine program. that's what it's all about.

Return to “Football”