Is Coaching The Browns a Desirable Job???

countywide35
SEOP

Is Coaching The Browns a Desirable Job???

Post by countywide35 »

Let’s get some chatter going about this.

McCarthy seems to get talked about his subpar performance at the end with Rodgers. But still would take my chances on a guys that proven he can win in the NFL. I hope it goes to an experienced guy and not a guy that’s a first time head coach. They never last. A year ago. Kitchens was the man. A year later it’s over. I would like for a guy that’s had success get in there and given time to make it happen.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Is Coaching The Browns a Desirable Job???

Post by VetteMan »

As to your original question about it being a Desirable Job or not, 98% of any of these Coach's will jump at the chance to be a Head Coach. Even if they know that the talent is not there, the money alone will be enough to make them want the job. 99% of these Coach's know the X's and the O's very well, but most of the time you have to have that better talent to make those X and O's work. I have no doubt that some coach's are better than other's, but when most of the players on your team , especially in the NFL are making a lot more money than you are, sometimes keeping the GM and your own players happy goes a long way in how long you are the Head Coach. The way that the Browns operate, I'm a little surprised that Marvin Lewis's name has not been thrown around, remember we're talking about the Browns. Lol

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Hire Tom Brady has head coach ,just a thought

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Jimmy reminds me of an amateur golfer trying to act like a pro. He's on the 6th tee, tossing grass in the air to see which way the wind is blowing. Looks and sounds good until he shanks it in the woods. Oh well, on to the 7th tee.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

With McCarthy being hired for the Cowboys that takes away one coach. Seems everyone wants the next young coach. Eric Bieniemy of the Chiefs is a high energy coach. Former RB not a QB like many of the young coaches hired as head coach. Always a team player and holding each other accountable.

A veteran coach that could come in and bring in a system and a staff to stress team is Jim Caldwell.

The wild card is the Haslam's. The desire of the job is it is a NFL job but then having to deal with the owners.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Now the Browns are the last team to pick a head coach. Now this job becomes more desirable for those who want a chance to be a head coach.
I did like the Giants hiring Judge the special teams and WR coach. Who comes in and is a manager of the team and not being out of place wanting to call the offense or defense. Let the coaches coach and the owners just pay the checks.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Sure it's desirable. No experience needed. Placement service available after 2 years.😳🤔😁

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I see that the Browns have selected there new coach, Kevin Stefanski. I know very little about him other that he has been the OC for the Minnesota Vikings.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

He was OC for part of last year and this year. He has been with the Vikings for 14 years and DePodesta luved him last year. He wanted to hire him. Stefanski is gong to call his own plays. Didn't do much good against 49ers. As well as Kitchens and Jackson didn't do well calling plays as HC. Just one and half years calling plays and now a first time head coach. So depends on who is on his staff and if it is a coaching staff working together. Not like last year. Hopefully more control over the team. As well can the coach do something so we do not have to see the Mayfield commercials or at least as much as we have been.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

1. Stefanski was a defensive back at Penn but has spent his entire coaching career on the offensive side of the ball. And he’s weathered plenty of change along the way. After working closely with Brad Childress as his assistant from 2006-08, Stefanski was elevated to assistant quarterbacks coach in 2009, allowing him to work alongside quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers and veteran signal-caller Brett Favre. He maintained the position in 2010 and 2011 amid changes at head coach and quarterbacks coach. When Mike Zimmer took over as head coach in 2014, Stefanski transitioned to tight ends coach for two seasons and running backs coach for another before he was back with the quarterbacks in 2017. Despite a change at offensive coordinator from Pat Shurmur to John DeFilippo entering the 2018 season, Stefanski maintained his position before eventually taking over for DeFilippo, who was fired after the team’s Week 14 loss to the Seahawks.

Stefanski has been so valued by the Vikings that he was blocked from interviewing with the Giants before the 2018 season. Stefanski would have interviewed to be offensive coordinator for Shurmur, who was tapped as the Giants’ head coach shortly after Minnesota’s run to the 2018 NFC Championship came to an end. “I think Kevin is a tremendous coach and obviously the Vikings feel the same way,” Shurmur told reporters. “I think he has a bright future. He’s a good man and the Vikings did a good thing by keeping him — for the Vikings. I’m hopeful they have a great year as well.”

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Stefanski grew up in a basketball family, and his father, Ed, has been an NBA executive for the better part of two decades. Kevin, though, never made it past the JV and instead focused on football, according to a Twin Cities Pioneer Press feature. “My (three) brothers and I played basketball growing up, but at least for me, football became something I was much better at than I was at basketball,” Stefanski told the newspaper. “So I fell in love with the game way back when.” Ed Stefanski was a 10th round pick by the Philadelphia 76ers and has held a variety of executive roles within the league, including general manager of the New Jersey Nets. He’s currently a senior adviser with the Detroit Pistons.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Stadium Tour featuring Def Leppard and Motley Crue with Poison and Joan Jett & The Blackhearts coming to FirstEnergy Stadium on July 3. Hopefully the Browns can produce a good show on the field and it does not just go down hill after the concert.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The last several coaches for the Browns has been the same guy but in a different costume.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Pro Sports”