Vinton county lady Vikings 19-20

chiefs76
Riding the Bench

Re: Vinton county lady Vikings 19-20

Post by chiefs76 »

The Tvc is full of haters.. News Flash Vinton County lost you Dislike Coach Bentley move on people. Geez ... The Vikings were on a 3 year in streak I could see your frustration. My advice to the lady vikes start another win streak ....

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

chiefs76 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:22 pm The Tvc is full of haters.. News Flash Vinton County lost you Dislike Coach Bentley move on people. Geez ... The Vikings were on a 3 year in streak I could see your frustration. My advice to the lady vikes start another win streak ....
It’s not that people hate VC! In general people just like to root against a winner. I myself really enjoy cheering for the underdog. At the end of the day though,VC is really just an slightly above average team. I have watched them several times and they really aren’t that special. Just ask NY!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:06 pm
chiefs76 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:22 pm The Tvc is full of haters.. News Flash Vinton County lost you Dislike Coach Bentley move on people. Geez ... The Vikings were on a 3 year in streak I could see your frustration. My advice to the lady vikes start another win streak ....
It’s not that people hate VC! In general people just like to root against a winner. I myself really enjoy cheering for the underdog. At the end of the day though,VC is really just an slightly above average team. I have watched them several times and they really aren’t that special. Just ask NY!
I don't think anybody is claiming that they are a "special" team. I think most people in Vinton County see the potential in them becoming a special team considering they are still a VERY young team and only have really one senior that plays meaningful minutes. People are excited to what can become this season, next season and the season after that! Considering how young they are, I think it's a good sign that they are considered a dominant threat in our area. They still have time to grow. Just hit a rut in the middle of the season. I think they will bounce back and be ready for the tournament!

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

The lady Vikings are a system team Coach Bentley Has had a lot of success off of his system of the 3 point shooting and when they are on they can beat anyone in the district as of late they are struggling from the outside and Nelsonville took advantage of it. If I was coaching this team I would go more inside with his big people and quit bombing so many threes But his stubbornness to change his system will never allow him to do that. We all know his ego is way too big for that I hope they keep bombing on Thursday give us a great opportunity ...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

shoot the three if they miss hoping the big get the rebounds. Might need a little bit more of blocking out from the two other shooters.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Marauders19 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:38 pm The lady Vikings are a system team Coach Bentley Has had a lot of success off of his system of the 3 point shooting and when they are on they can beat anyone in the district as of late they are struggling from the outside and Nelsonville took advantage of it. If I was coaching this team I would go more inside with his big people and quit bombing so many threes But his stubbornness to change his system will never allow him to do that. We all know his ego is way too big for that I hope they keep bombing on Thursday give us a great opportunity ...
Basically it’s the Duke approach to basketball. On the days the 3’s fall you are hard to beat. But when the 3’a hit the front of the rim out can get beat by anyone.

chiefs76
Riding the Bench

Post by chiefs76 »

Vinton county brings back 6 of there top 7 they are still young. They will be in the mix for a while. If they can get Davis back in healthy Vinton County will win the district Circleville will not be able to handle them. They have had injuries and are playing a the toughest schedule in southeast Ohio . Time will tell

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

chiefs76 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:02 pm Vinton county brings back 6 of there top 7 they are still young. They will be in the mix for a while. If they can get Davis back in healthy Vinton County will win the district Circleville will not be able to handle them. They have had injuries and are playing a the toughest schedule in southeast Ohio . Time will tell
Should they even play the sectional and District tournament? Just go straight to the Regional Finals?

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

chiefs76 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:02 pm Vinton county brings back 6 of there top 7 they are still young. They will be in the mix for a while. If they can get Davis back in healthy Vinton County will win the district Circleville will not be able to handle them. They have had injuries and are playing a the toughest schedule in southeast Ohio . Time will tell
I am in no way a Circleville fan but that is a bold statement, have you watched them play? If you have and still believe this statement, we will just agree to disagree. I guess if the Viking shoot lights out anything can happen. Hopefully this match up happens in the district.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Marauders19 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:38 pm The lady Vikings are a system team Coach Bentley Has had a lot of success off of his system of the 3 point shooting and when they are on they can beat anyone in the district as of late they are struggling from the outside and Nelsonville took advantage of it. If I was coaching this team I would go more inside with his big people and quit bombing so many threes But his stubbornness to change his system will never allow him to do that. We all know his ego is way too big for that I hope they keep bombing on Thursday give us a great opportunity ...
Lady Vikings were struggling from 3 tonight. Still led 49-7 at the half against meigs. It’s a good thing the threes weren’t falling!

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:57 pm
Lady Vikings were struggling from 3 tonight. Still led 49-7 at the half against meigs. It’s a good thing the threes weren’t falling!
I have watched Meigs and I honestly can’t believe you are on here bragging about that. Heck Meigs barely has on kid that can even dribble. VC should have handled them.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

What was the final? So we can determine if what these people say about running up the score on lesser opponents is actual facts or not.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:04 pm
I have watched Meigs and I honestly can’t believe you are on here bragging about that. Heck Meigs barely has on kid that can even dribble. VC should have handled them.
Meigs had a girl that played with Cleland, Bartrum and co...she started for them and could really play....but that was 6th grade. She would be a sophomore. She not play or transfer?

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

KRS wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:04 pm

What was the final? So we can determine if what these people say about running up the score on lesser opponents is actual facts or not.
You know darn good and well they ran it up!

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:10 pm
Bulldog84 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:04 pm

Meigs had a girl that played with Cleland, Bartrum and co...she started for them and could really play....but that was 6th grade. She would be a sophomore. She not play or transfer?
She is the one girl that can play but she can’t do it all

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

I honestly don't have any idea what the final score was. Does anyone have know the final.

chiefs76
Riding the Bench

Post by chiefs76 »

77 vinton 32 Meigs .. ??? Did Bentley press

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

chiefs76 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:30 pm 77 vinton 32 Meigs .. ??? Did Bentley press
Thanks for the update. I have know idea but I would guess with that score they did not in the second half at least. After seeing the halftime score I would assume they would not be pressing after the 1st quarter. Maybe someone that attended the game could answer that.Good win for the Vikings.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

To be up that number at half the 2nd half sounds respectable

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

I was there tonight he actually was pretty generous to us tonight they never pressured us after 1 quarter they have a talented team..

Return to “Girls Basketball”