#1 LSU vs #2 Clemson National Title

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Joe Burrow in the Chip Talk

Post by OHHS old timer »

Classy move...taking a knee...congrats to LSU!!

2 Clemson 25
1 LSU 42

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: #1 LSU vs #2 Clemson National Title

Post by OHHS old timer »

And with that....

Good night from NW Fla where it is still 67 degrees outside....

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:16 am And with that....

Good night from NW Fla where it is still 67 degrees outside....
Enjoyed the ride folks!!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Burrow was brilliant in being a field general tonight more so than his statistics. Still the LSU victory came about from being able to control both lines of scrimmage from the second quarter on. So much for LSU's so called weak defense. Also the targeting call against Clemson's star linebacker derailed the Carolinians emotional momentum. I find that Buckeye fans will draw some schadenfreude from that.

Just a magical season for Burrow and LSU. Also thanks to OHHS OldTimer for all his threads during the season.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I was close. I predicted by 16 LSU would win. Congrats to LSU! Proud of Burrow, his teammates, and the coaching staff.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Best call of the night, targeting call on the Tigers Star linebacker, kind of know how you feel after S. Wade for the Buckeyes.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

My favorite college football season

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Burrow never looks shaken. Best non running QB in college for a while.
Congrats to LSU and the Athens area.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Joe Burrow in the Chip Talk

Post by Bleeding Red »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:22 pm
OHHS old timer wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:10 pm
OHHS old timer wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:08 pm Joe anticipates blitz...quick throw to Chase down to Clemson 15
Review for possible targeting on Clemson DB on Jefferson....confirmed...#47 out for Clemson
Skalski shouldn't have been tossed. Why the heck even wear a helmet when you're aiming at pads and chest. You're not allowed to even form tackle anymore..... and they wonder why football is losing kids. When a tough nosed kid hits to hard and blows somebody up, it's a flag every time.
Totally agree. He was clearly trying to go for the shoulder pads and chest. BARELY clipped or nicked the helmet.

We live in a time that refs control the game outcomes. They cant agree on what a catch is or isnt. Show one clip of possible targeting and you might get 10 different opinions from refs.

Its pretty sad. I am all for player safety but I ASSURE you that when these defensive players ease up when tackling you will see more injuries, not less.

As for the game- LSU looked good. Clemson's D looked bad at times. I kept thinking what would have been if OSU had gotten it done early vs Clemson and buried them. Should have been 28-0 in the first half. I have no doubts OSU would have scored often on that LSU defense cause it isnt spectacular by any means.

But LSU scored more than Clemson and that is all that matters. Congrats to Burrow. Loved his little speech after the game, he is a classy young man.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Good God........I was waiting and figured Columbus would be mentioned on this topic after the game......You got beat Red......Put the crying towel up.....or put the pacifier in your mouth.........LSU and Clemson both played good enough in this game to have beaten Columbus too.......Give them both some credit.........They played the game and deserved to be there.......Give it a break crying around about Columbus.....someone mentioned Burrow not a running QB......He can run, he did it all year and hurt Clemson last night with his legs at times......His passes are right on the money more so.......but he can run too.........Watched some of his high school highlights and he ran a lot as well as being a good passer........Hats off to LSU for taking him under they're wing......It paid off for them......Columbus paid the opposite letting him leave by not starting him........Worked out for Burrow for the better.....I'm glad he left..........

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:49 pm Image

Best looking College team I've seen in a long long time, Raider. I'm being honest about that. Burrow is the man! I bet they was partying it up in Athens last night. Lots of hangovers getting up for work this morning. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I wish they would play the NC games on Saturdays. Mondays are a joke. Every year. Why do they do that?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I’m sure it has to do with money. There is nothing on TV on Monday

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:13 pm I’m sure it has to do with money. There is nothing on TV on Monday
Yeah, figured that, but Monday is stupid. Hear people complain about it every year. There would be just as many or more watch it on Saturday. Crazy stuff. At least they can sleep it off on Sunday. :lol: :lol: Bet many had the aspirin bottle out this morning. :lol: :lol:

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

I'm assuming they do it on Monday bc less people are likely to go to a bar and watch it. This means more people watch it at home and it boosts the ratings.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Realist wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:48 pm I'm assuming they do it on Monday bc less people are likely to go to a bar and watch it. This means more people watch it at home and it boosts the ratings.
True.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Rottenfoot...... its because of the NFL playoff games played on Saturday this time of year....

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

And before some OSU idiot tries to spin it, LSU beat 5 of the top 8 final ranking teams

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Forget it raider!!! They can and will spin anything to fit their narrative............ They can make a flat tire spin at warp speed!!!!....

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:19 pm Rottenfoot...... its because of the NFL playoff games played on Saturday this time of year....
5.9 centimeters, :lol: :lol: :lol: I thought about that too, but it's still stupid this game is played on Mondays. I bet 90% of America would agree. Most have to get up for work on Tuesday. Most would watch the NC game instead of pro on Saturday. And some can and would dvr record a boring game of pro to watch later to view a NC game live time.

Return to “College Sports”