Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Joe Burrows #1 Draft Pick

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:11 pm
bullfrog93 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:26 pm ^^^ Burrows is just the beginning of what will happen for bulldognation.
This guy has to be a high school freshman.
Scroll back up the page and see my original quotes I spelled Burrow correctly, Noreply. Froggy quoted me and changed my spelling to Burrows. Froggy is a clown stirring up trouble.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Howard Cosell wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:38 am ^^^ it’s BURROW! You Logan haters always spell stuff wrong in purpose. Give up on the jealousy and go back to looking for a new league.
Not one Logan fan on here up to your post has them spelling Joe's name Burrows

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:54 pm
Howard Cosell wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:38 am ^^^ it’s BURROW! You Logan haters always spell stuff wrong in purpose. Give up on the jealousy and go back to looking for a new league.
Not one Logan fan on here up to your post has them spelling Joe's name Burrows
Ole Froggy93 changed my quotes from Burrow to Burrows. Go look at my original quotes, Howie Cosell. Scroll up page 3 and take a good hard microscopic look see ole bud.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

I've been saying since his freshman year at OSU he was gonna be special. If you doubt Burrow's natural talent or ability all you have to do is look up his senior highlight tape and watch the clips from the state title game in the shoe vs TCC. He was simply unconscious throwing the football. Had guys running step for step with his receivers and he put it right where ONLY his guy could make the play every. single. time. One of the best QB films I've seen for a pro-style QB in high school and I tend to watch all the film on the 4-5 star kids Ohio State is recruiting. Most don't come close to Burrow throwing the football. Burrow had 3 seconds in the pocket and delivered over and over again. I am curious as to what some of the TCC people were thinking when a less talented Athens team put 52 on them.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

It's called precision. Burrow is a very gifted QB in all areas of the position. Very smart too.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Isn't it Burrow? Not Burrows?

Just my thoughts fellas. :mrgreen:

Tartanblue
SEO

Breaking News:Athens High School now Joe Burrow High

Post by Tartanblue »

With Athens favorite son winning the national championship, Athens has been renamed Joe Burrow High School.

In all seriousness Athens should be proud that Burrow had represented Athens County and even southern Ohio with class.

laser breath
Varsity

Re: Breaking News:Athens High School now Joe Burrow High

Post by laser breath »

What’s amazing is how lucky he became in two years. Think about it. He could have stayed at Ohio State thinking he would have finally got a shot or maybe went to another school that couldn’t surround him with enough talent. Just goes to show you that talent sometimes can’t be enough. Now he’s staring down a life changing contract.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Joe Burrow is the greatest OSU QB of all time

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Agree, Raider!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Makes you wonder what he could have done for OSU the past two years. Granted, OSU and LSU have completely different offensive systems and LSU's offense seems to fit Joey best. I still think he would have been Heisman material at OSU regardless because he is that talented.

Cowboy22
Riding the Bench

Post by Cowboy22 »

As Mike Weber tweeted a few years ago. "We have the next Tom Brady here in Columbus and he'll never see the field" well Mike he seen the field it just wasn't in a scarlet and gray uniform. Thanks Urban

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

a broken hand changed everything...

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Urbans biggest miss in an outstanding career. Burrow is/was hands down the best QB in the room. With Ryan Day and the talent on the Buckeye roster I believe Ohio state wins 1 for sure , maybe 2 national titles .

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

His hand was healed up and was ready to go when he decided to leave Ohio State. It was Urban's decision Burrow wasn't the starter at that time. Urban's decision making was Joey's best friend, and it proved Mr. Meyer was dead wrong not giving Burrow the starting job BIG TIME, IMO.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Now Joe has 2 states that love him

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:01 pm Urbans biggest miss in an outstanding career. Burrow is/was hands down the best QB in the room. With Ryan Day and the talent on the Buckeye roster I believe Ohio state wins 1 for sure , maybe 2 national titles .
I always liked that week 4 win over Jackson in 2012. Athens couldn't catch the ball and Jackson was controlling the clock. Burrow took off running and scored 15 unanswered points to win. That's when I knew he was something different

Daniel Boone
Waterboy

Post by Daniel Boone »

I believe I saw an interview awhile back during which Mr. Myer stated "That to be QB at Ohio State, you needed to be a Heisman Candidate", well how many Heisman trophy winners did he coach at Ohio State. Well done, Joe Burrow! Cardell Jones XFL QB, Haskins forgot to be on the field for last snaps of a Redskins victory, makes one wonder what may have been.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

It will be pretty neat that the new Cincinnati Bengals QB will be a Southern Ohio kid..... Hopefully the Bengals will have an improved line next year which will help Burrow adapt more comfortably in the league.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Joe had an amazing career and when he got his opportunity he took advantage of it. Can't wait to see him be the franchise QB for the Bengals.

As far as what happened at OSU, it's hard to say that Urban made the wrong decision. If you look at the 2018 season stats and compare Burrows to Haskins, Haskins had the far better year. And the decision of making Haskins the starter is what made Joe decide to go elsewhere. Obviously Joe had a much better season than Fields this year. I think if Haskins stays another year, he goes on to have another amazing season like he did in 2018 for OSU. But it all worked out in the end for Joe and that's all that matters.

Return to “Football”