Bengals cant win without Burrows

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Joe Burrow to Carolina????

Post by OHHS old timer »

Joe Brady, the passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach at LSU has been hired by Carolina pamther HC Matt Rhule to be their OC. At 30 years of age, he is the youngest OC in NFL history.

Carolina picks 7th in the upcoming draft. And so the question is....

Would Carolina make a big deal with Cincinnati and pick Joe Burrow??

Cam Newton is coming off foot surgery. Kyle Allen did ok. Ship Newton to Cincy...throw in a first rd pick next yr....

Just a thought....

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Joe Burrow to Carolina????

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:38 pm Joe Brady, the passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach at LSU has been hired by Carolina pamther HC Matt Rhule to be their OC. At 30 years of age, he is the youngest OC in NFL history.

Cam Newton is coming off foot surgery. Kyle Allen did ok. Ship Newton to Cincy...throw in a first rd pick next yr....

Just a thought....
Should read Carolina panther in first paragraph. Dang, typed too long today..lol

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

OHHS old timer wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:38 pm Joe Brady, the passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach at LSU has been hired by Carolina pamther HC Matt Rhule to be their OC. At 30 years of age, he is the youngest OC in NFL history.

Just a thought....
That thought is now churning through the Charlotte media rumor mill. Cam may be done in Charlotte, and their QB room is weak. Of course the Panthers has needs all over the field.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

There is not enough draft capital in the world to get Mike Brown to pass on Ohio boy Burrow. It's not about wins, it's about butts in the seats.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

dazed&confused wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:31 pm There is not enough draft capital in the world to get Mike Brown to pass on Ohio boy Burrow. It's not about wins, it's about butts in the seats.
Agree completely, been saying the same thing about filling the seats for quite a long time. Why take on an injured player in Cam Newton, you suppose that might be why Carolina may be trying to unload him. Regardless of the talent that the Bengals have on the roster right now, getting Joe Burrow will have Cincinnati more excited than they have been in years.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Lol it would have to take like 6 first round picks.

Dolphins only team with a shot.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Just like the Reds in baseball got to sell tickets.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Geronimo wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:02 am Just like the Reds in baseball got to sell tickets.
Agree 100%.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Cam Newton is a ??? It will not happen.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

As I said...just a thought. Brady and Burrow together in Carolina.

Don't be shocked if some team makes the offer that you can't say no to. At least a couple will try...of that I'm pretty sure.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

The team has got spic it up good !first round pick plus a 2nd and 3rd round pick ,maybe !

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

OHHS old timer wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:39 pm

Just a thought....
Should read Carolina panther in first paragraph. Dang, typed too long today..lol
click on box left of the X and change it

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Bengals cant win without Burrows

Post by Lucky Charms »

Man they look sluggish today. Joe Burrows makes all the difference. They better keep investing in the OL and keep Burrows upright if they ever gonna win a tittle.

cbolt
SEOP

Re: Bengals cant win without Burrows

Post by cbolt »

Game was meaningless with many starters missing. I do agree without Burrow their chance of winning is slim to none. :(

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Watched some of it today, Bolt. Enough to notice Burrow wasn't playing. Don't watch enough pro ball to know about the Bengal's other starters. Had others out I never would have known.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Not sure about the linemen but Chase was the only impact player I saw today. Why he was out there I have no idea because he is almost as important as Burrow. The defense was pretty much all backups. Some of them were out for coronkeek too trench!

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

cbolt wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:02 am Not sure about the linemen but Chase was the only impact player I saw today. Why he was out there I have no idea because he is almost as important as Burrow. The defense was pretty much all backups. Some of them were out for coronkeek too trench!
Chase was in to break a record.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

The Bengals didn’t play any starters outside of Chase & Hilton on defense. This game was meaningless to them. Chase only played long enough to break Chad Johnson’s record. Many guys out with covid or resting up for the playoffs. The Browns however did play most of their starters besides at QB, but Baker is a bum anyways. Do I think Burrow is the difference yeah sure he’s incredible. But this was your backup QB playing with other backups giving the Browns a run for their money.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:19 am The Bengals didn’t play any starters outside of Chase & Hilton on defense. This game was meaningless to them. Chase only played long enough to break Chad Johnson’s record. Many guys out with covid or resting up for the playoffs. The Browns however did play most of their starters besides at QB, but Baker is a bum anyways. Do I think Burrow is the difference yeah sure he’s incredible. But this was your backup QB playing with other backups giving the Browns a run for their money.
Yea, the Browns shot their wad last year. And if Burrows would have played Cinnci would have won.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Pat wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:13 am
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:19 am The Bengals didn’t play any starters outside of Chase & Hilton on defense. This game was meaningless to them. Chase only played long enough to break Chad Johnson’s record. Many guys out with covid or resting up for the playoffs. The Browns however did play most of their starters besides at QB, but Baker is a bum anyways. Do I think Burrow is the difference yeah sure he’s incredible. But this was your backup QB playing with other backups giving the Browns a run for their money.
Yea, the Browns shot their wad last year. And if Burrows would have played Cinnci would have won.
Is it Burrows or Burrow. Not that it really matters as the two seem to be used interchangeably.

Return to “Pro Sports”