Late: Chillicothe 61 Fairfield Union 39 a final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Late: Chillicothe 61 Fairfield Union 39 a final

Post by pfloyd »

Fairfield Union 39
Chillicothe 61 a final

... Pfloyd's #1 vs #2 ... Coach Huffer (having picked up W #100 recently) vs Coach Eversole (also having picked up W #100 recently) ... it had good game written all over it ! ... Cavs at (D2 + a handful of students) D1 vs the Falcons one of the premier D2's in SEO ... still a good game on paper ... that probably ends the good game possibilities as FU was without their PG in 6-4 Ryan MaGill (also the FU best defensive player and of late putting up offensive numbers) ... and then you have a Chilli squad which sports 4 legit double digit scorers - Jayvon Maughmer/Tre Beard/Brandon Noel/ Kamron Smith & the best defender on the floor in Vincent Roper who is a double digit "garbage scorer" as well ... FU needed to have all hands on deck to have a "chance" ... when the game unfolded : Chilli had the top 5 defenders on the court at any one time which resulted in FU's leading perimeter scorer in Chase Poston going 0'fer the game from anywhere on the court ... the FU team going 2/15 from behind the 3 point line for the game vs Chilli 6/18 from downtown ... 6-6 Brandon Noel controlled the paint offensively - once he got the ball he was too strong at the rim hence being a D1 recruit EVEN tho he went 1/2 on dunks ... Chilli 40 points in the paint vs FU 24 points in the paint ... game set and match to the Cavs as they ARE the best TEAM in SEO no matter the division ... Chillicothe 61 Fairfield Union 39 a final ...

... Pfloyd's official UN-official Napkin Stats - Fairfield Union ...

Scoring ... Charlie Bean off the bench for 15, Hustin Harrah 11, Andrew Moll 7, Sam Bernard 4, Colt Dennis 2
3 Pointers ... 2/15 ... Huston Harrah 1, Charlie Bean 1
FTs ... 5/6
TO ... 11
PnP ... 12 fgs/24 points in the paint
PnT ... 1 fg/ 2 points in transition
Pbck ... 3 fgs/ 6 pts on putback buckets

... Pfloyd's official UN-official Napkin Stats - Chillicothe ...

Scoring ... Brandon Noel 16, Kamron Smith 14, Tre Beard 11, Jayvon Maughmer 10 , Vincent Roper 8 , Eli Taylor 2
3 Pointers ... 6/18 ... Kamron Smith 4, Tre Beard 1, Jayvon Maughmer 1
FTs ...... 3/3
TO's ..... 9
PnP ... 20 fgs/ 40 points in the paint
PnT ... 2 fgs/ 4 points in transition
Pbck ... 5 fgs / 10 points on putback buckets

... always great to get to chat with Coach Huffer when attending Chilli games - sorry coach for bending your ear for 3/4's of the freshmen game! talking coaches/players/teams past and present - I'm thinking we covered it all coach ... touching bases with FU's JV/Varsity assistant Coach John Helber - always good to see you Coach ... and DaniC ! good to share thoughts throughout the Varsity game my friend ! ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Late: Chillicothe 61 Fairfield Union 39 a final

Post by pfloyd »

... thought I was in London last night driving back from Chillicothe ! the densest fog I've driven in in awhile LOL ... good thing Chilli has good dogs in the concession stand LOL ... so far in my travels the deer have stayed off the road while PFLOYD1 goes by - but those things ARE abundant out there ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Great stats as usual. Even though just a little to much manpower overall from the Cavaliers, must have been a pretty clean game as neither team went to the foul line very often. Or I guess also that maybe the officials just let them play, and didn't call many fouls.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:51 pm Great stats as usual. Even though just a little to much manpower overall from the Cavaliers, must have been a pretty clean game as neither team went to the foul line very often. Or I guess also that maybe the officials just let them play, and didn't call many fouls.
... Neither one of these 2 teams are "bangers" ... Noel for Chillicothe works from outside in, Harrah for FU doesn't attack in the paint, more of a half hook, outside in , comfortable on the perimeter player very similar to Noel but not the strength of Noel ... with that said both of these teams play D, when FU is full strength with MaGill they are an extremely solid defensive squad BUT again not a put a body on the offensive player defensive team ... neither will beat you up physically on defense like Logan Elm does ( I LOVE THE DEFENSIVE INTENSITY THAT CHESTING UP BY LE!!!) ... bottom line is you won't or very rarely see either of these teams in foul trouble or going to the line much in their typical game night in night out ...

Cav's Alum
Waterboy

Post by Cav's Alum »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:50 pm
VetteMan wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:51 pm Great stats as usual. Even though just a little to much manpower overall from the Cavaliers, must have been a pretty clean game as neither team went to the foul line very often. Or I guess also that maybe the officials just let them play, and didn't call many fouls.
... Neither one of these 2 teams are "bangers" ... Noel for Chillicothe works from outside in, Harrah for FU doesn't attack in the paint, more of a half hook, outside in , comfortable on the perimeter player very similar to Noel but not the strength of Noel ... with that said both of these teams play D, when FU is full strength with MaGill they are an extremely solid defensive squad BUT again not a put a body on the offensive player defensive team ... neither will beat you up physically on defense like Logan Elm does ( I LOVE THE DEFENSIVE INTENSITY THAT CHESTING UP BY LE!!!) ... bottom line is you won't or very rarely see either of these teams in foul trouble or going to the line much in their typical game night in night out ...
I thought the officials did a great job and both teams played under control. Typical of well coached teams. Would like to have seen what Ryan Magill could do against the Cav's offense. With him out it forced several FU players to play out of position. Wouldn't have changed the results but the final score might have been more respectable.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Cav's Alum wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:58 pm
pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:50 pm
I thought the officials did a great job and both teams played under control. Typical of well coached teams. Would like to have seen what Ryan Magill could do against the Cav's offense. With him out it forced several FU players to play out of position. Wouldn't have changed the results but the final score might have been more respectable.
... agreed Cav's Alum ... the officiating crew only missed a couple of errant pass calls , they didn't take over the game - were not "part of the game" ... they did a nice job imo too ... without the stoppage of play for fouls it was a FAST (time wise) game ! done by 8:30ish ! I was out of the parking lot and on my way back to Logan by 8:35 ish ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”