1/18 Unioto @ Zane Trace

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

Round 2
lets here it. Who you got

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 1/18 Unioto @ Zane Trace

Post by Ironman92 »

They gonna wanna beat Unioto badly. Defense travels well so Unioto should avoid a large margin loss but this will be a tough test for sure. Big big game. I feel this game is bigger for ZT seeding though as they have about 6 other teams they are already very tight with.

IF Unioto can keep it tight early I think they can stay in the game for most all or all of the game. If ZT jumps out with a big start this game could be tough on the Sherman Tanks.

Unioto 51
Zane Trace 38

Nah....

Zane Trace 52
Unioto 44

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:08 pm They gonna wanna beat Unioto badly. Defense travels well so Unioto should avoid a large margin loss but this will be a tough test for sure. Big big game. I feel this game is bigger for ZT seeding though as they have about 6 other teams they are already very tight with.

IF Unioto can keep it tight early I think they can stay in the game for most all or all of the game. If ZT jumps out with a big start this game could be tough on the Sherman Tanks.

Unioto 51
Zane Trace 38

Nah....

Zane Trace 52
Unioto 44
Keep in mind when making predictions that Little is more than likely not playing

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

mlittle, is it still touch and go as to whether your Son will be able to play on Saturday ?

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

reports are he's out still on friday
no word on Saturday

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:26 pm mlittle, is it still touch and go as to whether your Son will be able to play on Saturday ?
Yea. He’s been doing everything he can to give himself the best shot at playing. Yesterday he tried some light jogging and it didn’t go so well. Still almost 3 full days left tho.

WhiskeyTwoFive
Riding the Bench

Post by WhiskeyTwoFive »

@mlittle: what happened to Issac? I hadnt heard?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

WhiskeyTwoFive wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:26 pm @mlittle: what happened to Issac? I hadnt heard?
He had a pretty bad sprain last Tuesday in practice. He tried to play Friday vs. Westfall But could only play about a minute. Sat Saturday’s game vs McClain and will more than likely be a non factor this weekend

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Not good for Unioto--could be a blowout by halftime then.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:16 pm Not good for Unioto--could be a blowout by halftime then.
I think our defense will keep us in the game with or without but maybe not

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Any news from the Unioto practice tonight on Little - a go or no go for Saturday night ?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:37 pm Any news from the Unioto practice tonight on Little - a go or no go for Saturday night ?
He attempted to practice tonight Pfloyd and it didn’t go well. I’ll give you my honest opinion and say that it’s gonna be hard to keep him off the court Saturday but unlikely he’ll play. If he does I’m not sure what type of impact he’ll have in the game. Gun to my head I’d say he won’t play Saturday.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mlittle wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:50 pm
pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:37 pm Any news from the Unioto practice tonight on Little - a go or no go for Saturday night ?
He attempted to practice tonight Pfloyd and it didn’t go well. I’ll give you my honest opinion and say that it’s gonna be hard to keep him off the court Saturday but unlikely he’ll play. If he does I’m not sure what type of impact he’ll have in the game. Gun to my head I’d say he won’t play Saturday.
I hate that mlittle - he is such an impact player at both ends of the floor ... one of those players that ZT would have to account for all 94 ft ... next man up time ... they played 2 games w/o him with good results BUT ZT is a different animal - need the full arsenal I'm afraid ... keep him getting healthy mlittle ! I'll be in the cheap seats to see Isaac & the Shermans a couple more times in the next 4 weeks ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:08 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:50 pm
I hate that mlittle - he is such an impact player at both ends of the floor ... one of those players that ZT would have to account for all 94 ft ... next man up time ... they played 2 games w/o him with good results BUT ZT is a different animal - need the full arsenal I'm afraid ... keep him getting healthy mlittle ! I'll be in the cheap seats to see Isaac & the Shermans a couple more times in the next 4 weeks ...
Thank you sir!

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

No Little is a problem. Unioto great defense.
ZT 55-41

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Let's spin this on the positive side ! the U has HAD to play the last 2 games without Isaac Little in the lineup (full game wise) ... still 2 wins for Unioto ... new roles have already been taken on in ilittle's absence ... rotations have changed, goto guys changed, who is looked at to take the oppositions best etc. something to be said for familiarity with the given situation ... TEAM D, TEAM O ... Coach Hoops & staff will have a game plan that gives the U the chance to get a W ... in the end - sometimes TEAM gets better in these "difficult" situations ... players step up, find out that THEY are capable of more ... not going to be easy on the road BUT heck, anything in life worth having, getting, earning ain't easy ...

WhiskeyTwoFive
Riding the Bench

Post by WhiskeyTwoFive »

@mlittle: hate to hear that. Hes a great player in the SVC! most important though get him healthy for a tournament run. Best of luck to yall in health and the rest of the season

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

WhiskeyTwoFive wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:34 pm @mlittle: hate to hear that. Hes a great player in the SVC! most important though get him healthy for a tournament run. Best of luck to yall in health and the rest of the season
Thank you whiskey. We’re doing all we can. He’s gonna give the shoot around a shot Saturday morning to see how he feels after another days of rest/ice/rehab

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:25 pm Let's spin this on the positive side ! the U has HAD to play the last 2 games without Isaac Little in the lineup (full game wise) ... still 2 wins for Unioto ... new roles have already been taken on in ilittle's absence ... rotations have changed, goto guys changed, who is looked at to take the oppositions best etc. something to be said for familiarity with the given situation ... TEAM D, TEAM O ... Coach Hoops & staff will have a game plan that gives the U the chance to get a W ... in the end - sometimes TEAM gets better in these "difficult" situations ... players step up, find out that THEY are capable of more ... not going to be easy on the road BUT heck, anything in life worth having, getting, earning ain't easy ...
I thought this as well. This unfortunate injury is a negative for now but come February will be potentially beneficial.

If they lose a couple they could drop in seeding a couple and be a tough tough out for sectional final

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:48 pm
pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:25 pm Let's spin this on the positive side ! the U has HAD to play the last 2 games without Isaac Little in the lineup (full game wise) ... still 2 wins for Unioto ... new roles have already been taken on in ilittle's absence ... rotations have changed, goto guys changed, who is looked at to take the oppositions best etc. something to be said for familiarity with the given situation ... TEAM D, TEAM O ... Coach Hoops & staff will have a game plan that gives the U the chance to get a W ... in the end - sometimes TEAM gets better in these "difficult" situations ... players step up, find out that THEY are capable of more ... not going to be easy on the road BUT heck, anything in life worth having, getting, earning ain't easy ...
I thought this as well. This unfortunate injury is a negative for now but come February will be potentially beneficial.

If they lose a couple they could drop in seeding a couple and be a tough tough out for sectional final
If you’ve noticed Isaac and the coaches are already on track to get the team tournament ready. First 4/5 games of the season he was averaging 22-23 pts per. That average has dropped and others production has risen. First 5 games we didn’t have another kid even averaging 7 per game and now we have 4 averaging 7.5 or better. As the season progresses those number may get even tighter and then having to play without him at all now will only give them more confidence when he returns.

Return to “Boys Basketball”