Jackson 64 Alexander 46 a final (belated rundown)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Jackson 64 Alexander 46 a final (belated rundown)

Post by pfloyd »

Jackson 64
Alexander 46 a final ...

... Tuesday night in the Apple City, pfloyd's #3 the Jackson Ironmen hosting the #8 Alexander Spartans ... all of the earmarks of a great matchup : Alexander sporting 6-10 Kaleb Terry in the post , 3 of the best perimeter scorers in Athens County - Kaleb Easley/JK Kearns/Kyler D'Augustino ... Jackson entering at #3 - one of the best young coaches in SEOhio in Coach Max Morrow who puts a very talented JHS squad on the court led by SEO's best PG in Caleb Wallis , one of the best role players on any team Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line in Caden Donaldson to go with a full compliment of role players all of which play D - Griffin Brown/Boston Kuhn, young BIGS in Drew Bragg/Evan Spires/Braxton Hammond/Jacob Winter ... JHS countered the 3 point perimeter scoring of Alexander with their own arsenal of 3 point shooters - Wallis/Bragg/Brown/Donaldson ... on paper the advantage that stood out prior to the tip : 6-10 in the paint ...

... the tip went to 6-10 & Alexander , one of the few wins on the night for AHS as Jackson would open with a flurry holding Alexander scoreless for the first 3 minutes and 31 seconds of action ... Ironmen 7-0 game over as it would turnout ... Jackson was led by Drew Bragg/Caden Donaldson's 5 points each both hitting a triple & a deuce before Caleb Wallis got into the paint for 2 FT's making 1 and a driving 2 pointer ... Alexander finally got going with Kaleb Easley's pair of 3's (6pts - his only points of the game) with a transition bucket & 1 from the Spartans outstanding freshman Kyler D'Augustino ... both PG JK Kearns & 6-10 Kaleb Terry were held scoreless for the first 8 minutes of action ... Jackson 13 Alexander 9 after 1 ... the 2nd quarter was more of the same - the first period had Alexander turning the ball over 6 times/Jackson 3 ... the 2nd had Alex adding 3 more to the TO total Jackson fared but a little better putting up 4 TO's in the 2nd frame (7 for the half) ... in between the trading of TOs Alexander scored enough points 6- 3 by JHS to draw to within 2 points with 4:24 to play in the 2nd 15-17 ... the final 4:24 was all Ironmen ... 8-2 run led by Bragg's 3 points/Griffin Brown with 5 (a trey included) and Braxton Hammond's 2 points in the period ... Jackson with D and timely 3 point shooting (usually coming on the back end of the proverbial "extra pass" went 4/6 from downtown in the opening half while Alex 2/8 from downtown (neither Kearns or D'Augustino with a trey in the first half) ... Kearns 0 points/Terry 4 points in the half ... Jackson 25 Alexander 17 at intermission ... the 3rd had Caleb Wallis & Griffin Brown go out and GET separation for the Ironmen as they matched JK Kearns' pair of 3 pointers plus 2 more with Griffin Brown hitting for a pair of triples of his own ... Drew Bragg continued to be the player of the game for JHS adding 6 points to his 8 points for the 1st half (14 after 3) ... Jackson 25 to Alexander's 15 in the 3rd to add to the lead for the Ironmen ... Jackson 49 Alexander 32 after 3 ... Alexander didn't score until the 3:48 mark of the 4th AFTER Alexander had emptied the bench at the 4:06 mark of the 4th ... the Jackson D shutdown the Alex starting lineup in the 4th ... the AHS bench added the 14 points scored in the 4th period (Lucas Markins 9 pts/Colby Carsey 5 points all in the final 4:06 of the game) ... Jackson 64 Alexander 46 a final ...

... Pfloyd's official UN-official Napkin Stats - Alexander ...

Scoring ... Kyler D'Augustino 12, Lucas Markins 9, JK Kearns 8, Caleb Terry 6, Kaleb Easley 6, Colby Carsey 5
3 Pointers ... 8/22 ... Lucas Markins 2, JK Kearns 2, Kaleb Easley 2, Kyler D'Augustino 1, Colby Carsey 1
FTs ........... 4/5
TOs ...... 15
PnP ...... 8 fgs/ 16 points in the paint
PnT ..... 4 fgs/ 8 points in transition
Pbk .... 0 putback buckets

... Alexander was shutdown by the Jackson D ... the usual flurry of 3's by D'Augustino/Kearns were limited by outstanding JHS perimeter D ... in more telling as to how this one ended with an Ironman W was ONLY 4 fgs in the paint for the Spartans and 0 zero putback baskets for the game ... AHS had a horrible game feeding the post ... more turnovers trying to feed 6-10 inside than touches by the big man in the paint ... next up Athens at McAfee on Friday ... Player of the Game for Alexander - Kyler D'Augustino

... Pfloyd's official UN-official Napkin Stats - Jackson ...

Scoring ... Drew Bragg 17, Caleb Wallis 15, Caden Donaldson 11, Griffin Brown 11, Braxton Hammond 6, Jacob Winter 4
3 Pointers ... 8/16 ... Griffin Brown 3, Caleb Wallis 2, Drew Bragg 2, Caden Donaldson 1
FTs ..... 6/7
TOs ... 11
PnP ... 16 fgs/32 points in the paint
PnT ... 3 fgs/ 6 points in transition
Pbk .... 2 fgs/4 points on putback buckets

... Great game plan -great D on the perimeter and in the paint all game, excellent offensive effort to make the extra pass - which was rewarded by an Ironman dropping 3ball on the Spartans - Wallis/Brown/Bragg ... outstanding D from Caden Donaldson on Kyler D'A of Alexander ... Griffin/Bragg were clutch offensively all game ... while the Jackson TEAM D kept the Spartans with no answers for 4 quarters ... Jackson's Player of the Game - Drew Bragg

Jackie Moon
Riding the Bench

Re: Jackson 64 Alexander 46 a final (belated rundown)

Post by Jackie Moon »

Thanks Pfloyd for the write up. I look forward seeing your perspective on the games. You always know it’s a big game when Pfloyd is in the house. Thanks for what you do promoting the great game of basketball in Southern Ohio.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good breakdown and recap

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Better late than never Pfloyd. Always enjoy reading your breakdown of the game. Where will your travels take you this weekend?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Jackie Moon wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:47 pm Thanks Pfloyd for the write up. I look forward seeing your perspective on the games. You always know it’s a big game when Pfloyd is in the house. Thanks for what you do promoting the great game of basketball in Southern Ohio.
Jackie Moon - thank you for the kind words ... I was talking to Keith Throckmorton prior to the game at Jackson Tuesday night (Throckmorton/Nichols/Purcell the officiating crew had officiated at Athens last Friday and then again at Zane Trace on Saturday night ... told them that IF they come through with ANOTHER great game - which they called at both Athens & ZT - they could name their price the rest of the season ! - they all called an excellent game at Jackson Tuesday soooooo I'm thinking they will only be doing BIG games now LOL ... Keith said the Tuesday game with Jackson vs Alexander SHOULD be a good one - I answered that "pfloyd only goes to what he feels will be a good game" LOL ... Jackie Moon, as far as promoting Southern Ohio hoops - I just do what ALL of those involved deserve - the coaches, the players, the schools, the fans - they work so hard to give US - those in the cheap seats- the best show around =>Boys High School Basketball Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line simply the best ... I'm just doing what I enjoy - watching the game and sharing what I see ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mlittle wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:56 pm Better late than never Pfloyd. Always enjoy reading your breakdown of the game. Where will your travels take you this weekend?
Heading for Athens tomorrow night for Athens vs Alexander , I haven't decided on Saturday yet ... want to see some results from Friday before I point PFLOYD1 up or down the highway ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:08 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:56 pm Better late than never Pfloyd. Always enjoy reading your breakdown of the game. Where will your travels take you this weekend?
Heading for Athens tomorrow night for Athens vs Alexander , I haven't decided on Saturday yet ... want to see some results from Friday before I point PFLOYD1 up or down the highway ...
Nice! That should be a good one! Safe travels.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Very good rundown as usual Pfloyd.

Return to “Boys Basketball”