2020 Wheelersburg Pirates

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

2020 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Another good season coming this year for the Burg. A dedicated Senior class to lead the way.

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Re: 2020 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by BurgBaskets »

Looking for Burg to field a very strong team this year. After tying as SOC Champs last year, i don't see any team around that can compete.

GO BURG!!!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Gotta figure Minford will still be decent even after their graduation losses. Also would think Valley will be solid as well. What Burg's pitching look like?*

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:10 pm Gotta figure Minford will still be decent even after their graduation losses. Also would think Valley will be solid as well. What Burg's pitching look like?*
(SR) Drew Blair - Tops around 83, consistent low 80's
(SR) Cole Ratcliff - MId 70's, good command.
(JR) Ethan Ison - High 70's- low 80's, tops around 82,
(JR) DJ Horton - Mid-high 70's
(JR) Elias Robson - High 70's
(JR) Braden Horr - Mid-High 70's
(SR) Will Darling - MId-High 70's
(SR) Jarret Stamper - Mid 70's

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Burg should have undefeated SOC season

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Will Burg employ technology like what they did in football with the "camera guy" and steal their opponent's signs? Good source told me that the Astros took their cues from the Pirates. Good luck to Waverly and Minford this year.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Dandy Don wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:39 am Will Burg employ technology like what they did in football with the "camera guy" and steal their opponent's signs? Good source told me that the Astros took their cues from the Pirates. Good luck to Waverly and Minford this year.
Wheelersburg steals plays and Minford likes to bite. Go Waverly

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:39 am Burg should have undefeated SOC season
I hope so. But with the change in SOC schedule this year (no more back to back matchups) they’ll most likely have to face the best arms in the league twice. Eblin from Waverly can really throw the baseball, and don’t forget about Vogelsong from Minford and Powell from West. We’re deeper than anyone in the league pitching wise, but there are some nice top level arms around the league.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:32 pm
Dandy Don wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:39 am Will Burg employ technology like what they did in football with the "camera guy" and steal their opponent's signs? Good source told me that the Astros took their cues from the Pirates. Good luck to Waverly and Minford this year.
Good luck to all SOC teams that is,

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

The Burg Baseball program doesn't have money for technology, although we are upgrading the backstop at our facilities! We borrow the football team's milk jugs. One shake means that your team is going to strike out, two shakes means your team is going to lose BIG.

Going to be a lot of shaking, and rocking and rolling for the 2020 Burg Team this year!!

GO BURG!!

burgcrysalot2
Waterboy

Post by burgcrysalot2 »

Raider you're hilarious no baseball player from Minford bit somebody. The Minford player that was accused of it talked to a player from Athen's after the game that he has played a lot of games against in the past and was told that the Athen's player is the type of person that would do something like that to himself just to get somebody else in trouble. The Minford player never did anything it was all the Athens player he was the one that got up in the other player's face and went into the dugout then came back out saying he got bit.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

burgcrysalot2 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:43 am
Raider you're hilarious no baseball player from Minford bit somebody. The Minford player that was accused of it talked to a player from Athen's after the game that he has played a lot of games against in the past and was told that the Athen's player is the type of person that would do something like that to himself just to get somebody else in trouble. The Minford player never did anything it was all the Athens player he was the one that got up in the other player's face and went into the dugout then came back out saying he got bit.
Your grammar is awful.

toldeoman77
Waterboy

Post by toldeoman77 »

burg also had a couple shakes with their milk jugs. calling oak hill last season for a game bc wellston cancelled and getting beat 8-7. the oakies pitched a sophomore the entire game and had burg on the ropes the entire time he was really in burgs head by talking a lot and had them off all game long. but the game "didn't count" afterward burg had to say it was just a scrimmage.

goat
Waterboy

Post by goat »

I am sure the game would have counted if the burg had won. Pitching wont be strong for burg this year I can see them finishing in 3rd place

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

toldeoman77 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:41 am burg also had a couple shakes with their milk jugs. calling oak hill last season for a game bc wellston cancelled and getting beat 8-7. the oakies pitched a sophomore the entire game and had burg on the ropes the entire time he was really in burgs head by talking a lot and had them off all game long. but the game "didn't count" afterward burg had to say it was just a scrimmage.
The game did count, however it didn't count towards the SOC record.

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

toldeoman77 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:41 am burg also had a couple shakes with their milk jugs. calling oak hill last season for a game bc wellston cancelled and getting beat 8-7. the oakies pitched a sophomore the entire game and had burg on the ropes the entire time he was really in burgs head by talking a lot and had them off all game long. but the game "didn't count" afterward burg had to say it was just a scrimmage.
I do remember hearing about that scrimmage last year. I believe it was the 3rd Oak Hill Game of the year, as only the prior two games could count for SOC standings. Interesting that the pitcher was a sophomore. Who was this sophomore "in burgs head by talking a lot?" Did the OH coaches actually condone this behavior? I always say Act Like You've Been There Before.

Return to “Baseball”