Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congrats to Beau Justice for Western league honors this week for Duran International in Spain .31 points and 2 steals.

IfYouCantDunkLayItIn
Waterboy

Post by IfYouCantDunkLayItIn »

No love for peebles PFloyd?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

IfYouCantDunkLayItIn wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:02 am No love for peebles PFloyd?
He has them 10th, where would you have them?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

IfYouCantDunkLayItIn wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:02 am No love for peebles PFloyd?
Not sure where you feel they should be at this time? they were beaten by Alexander which is ranked 8th ... EB beat Peebles by 2 at home ... the Warriors too are in front of Peebles thru the beginning of the week that IS Week #8 ... Coach Arey has the Indians playing well, coming to together as a 8-9 deep TEAM ... good things happen when you keep winning ... as Dick Vitale always says "Just win baby!" ...

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:04 pm
Not sure where you feel they should be at this time? they were beaten by Alexander which is ranked 8th ... EB beat Peebles by 2 at home ... the Warriors too are in front of Peebles thru the beginning of the week that IS Week #8 ... Coach Arey has the Indians playing well, coming to together as a 8-9 deep TEAM ... good things happen when you keep winning ... as Dick Vitale always says "Just win baby!" ...
And Waverly beat Alexander..... (and Warren and Wheelersburg). I wouldn’t cry too much about being 10th.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

I believe Peebles 2 losses came to Eastern Brown and North Adams. I don’t think Peebles has or plays Alexander?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Western24 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:47 pm I believe Peebles 2 losses came to Eastern Brown and North Adams. I don’t think Peebles has or plays Alexander?
You are correct, North Adams beat them 61-42 at NA, Peebles then returned the favor and beat NA at Peebles. Eastern Brown I think beat Peebles 68-66 at Peebles.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Too many people caught up in the rankings before league championships and seeding is finished. If the Elite 8 was changed to the Sweet 16 people would gripe about being 17th.

It all comes out in the wash. Be happy you’re in the top 15 and not 54th 😂

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Swanker Pine wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:52 am Too many people caught up in the rankings before league championships and seeding is finished. If the Elite 8 was changed to the Sweet 16 people would gripe about being 17th.

This is very accurate and I agree with this.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:08 am
Western24 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:47 pm I believe Peebles 2 losses came to Eastern Brown and North Adams. I don’t think Peebles has or plays Alexander?
You are correct, North Adams beat them 61-42 at NA, Peebles then returned the favor and beat NA at Peebles. Eastern Brown I think beat Peebles 68-66 at Peebles.
Peebles beat North Adams the second time they played at North Adams at the holiday tournament. The Eastern loss was at home in overtime. .6 seconds in regulation left, Peebles was ahead by 3 points. Eastern tied it up at the foul line and the game went to OT.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Pfloyd has for many years shown the Love to the Indians. His pre- season poll had our Indians in the top 5 or so of his poll. The Indians lost 2 of the first 4 games of the season. Since then the Indians have won 12 straight including some big wins over some great teams. As long as we keep winning the polls will take care of themselves. Polls mean nothing ,but; winning against quality opponents open eyes. I hope we are still opening eyes for many more games. Pfloyd is a great mind and loves high school basketball. I am greatful to him.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:08 am
Yep, my mistake on the phantom loss to Alexander - it was the loss to North Adams by a couple , but the Indians turned around and beat NA to avenge the loss ... I have nothing against Peebles at all ! a very good team that I have had the pleasure of seeing 2 times so far - a TEAM that has gotten better and better every single time out ... I EXPECT the Indians of Coach Arey to continue putting up W's ... I EXPECT (as I had PEEBLES in my Preseason Elite8) Peebles to end up the regular season where I had them picked in the preseason ranking - IN the Elite 8 ... sometimes when I have "an idea based on fact - that Peebles would be deep, they have solid play from bigs/a PG that flat out gets it done, outstanding D" ... I have to let them PLAY into where they should be in the rankings ... so far the Indians are doing just that ... I like to think that when I rank a team where I think they should be it is in FACT where they should be ... I don't like to "PUT" a team anywhere - they earn their ranking ... the ranking isn't intended to be PUTTING any team in a spot only to have them lose it because they really didn't deserve to be in that spot in the ranking ... the teams ALL play into their rankings, none of them are PUT there ... I have a means to the madness ... just because a team has 1 loss or 2 doesn't mean they are better than a team with 3 or 4 losses - that's why I see so many games/teams ... that's why I see the best of the best more than once if at all possible ... can I see them all ? nope Sheridan is one that I haven't seen - it doesn't mean I don't know what they have or what they had coming back - Sheridan made it to the final 4 ! - Sheridan returns Luken Hill/Landon Russell who were significant contributors to THAT effort in the post season - outstanding ... add Nate Johnson/Ethan Malone playing in the post season as well - the Generals ARE good ... I WILL see them in person before the post season - they just weren't a question mark in my mind ...

... as has been posted - it all sorts itself out on the court ... the cream rises to the top ... and pfloyd continues to watch games and continuously adjusts how the top teams compare every time out ...

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles has some out of league games coming up with D3 Western Pike,D4 Federal Hocking,D3 Chesapeake and D2 Miami Trace. Two more league games vs Manchester and Fayetteville again. One game at a time and work on those matchups. Go Indians. Side note: Dawson Mills behind the back pass down court to a streaking Kyle Lighter for the dunk tonight was highlighted on Channel 5 news in Cincinnati tonight. It was pretty awesome.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...might make it to 4000 views this week ... sure miss the days of 7000 views per week with the rankings !

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

#54 > #22

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth took the Fairland Dragons to the last play in OT before falling 75-73. Credit to Coach Collins, his staff, and the players, who looked like a team that was 11-6 instead of 6-11. Credit to Fairland for making the big plays when needed. Aiden Porter and Clayton Thomas stepped up big time, with Porter hitting the tying 3 pointer with 30 seconds left in regulation.

Very proud of the Trojans!! Just hope that we can play at that level for the remainder of the season......to get that elusive consistenty is so hard when you start 3 sophomores and play 2 others. PHS has lost by 43, 37, 30, and 28, and lost 6 others by 5, 2 in OT, 3 twice, and 1. 4 of those 6 were decided on the last play of the game, and 4 were on the road.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

trojandave wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:29 am Portsmouth took the Fairland Dragons to the last play in OT before falling 75-73. Credit to Coach Collins, his staff, and the players, who looked like a team that was 11-6 instead of 6-11. Credit to Fairland for making the big plays when needed. Aiden Porter and Clayton Thomas stepped up big time, with Porter hitting the tying 3 pointer with 30 seconds left in regulation.

Very proud of the Trojans!! Just hope that we can play at that level for the remainder of the season......to get that elusive consistenty is so hard when you start 3 sophomores and play 2 others. PHS has lost by 43, 37, 30, and 28, and lost 6 others by 5, 2 in OT, 3 twice, and 1. 4 of those 6 were decided on the last play of the game, and 4 were on the road.
... was good reading the rundowns/updates of this game trojandave ! well done by Coach Collins & the youngin's Trojans ... winning is learned , sometimes a difficult lesson for sure ... not sure I want to be that "on paper" better team who plays a PHS team who "get's over the hump" and figures it out ... keep them moving forward trojandave it's getting closer and closer to "Trojan Time => the post season" ... teams are NOT going to matchup with Coach Collins' squad in the one & done season - of THAT I am sure ...

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Swanker Pine wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:52 am Too many people caught up in the rankings before league championships and seeding is finished. If the Elite 8 was changed to the Sweet 16 people would gripe about being 17th.

Well said Swanker!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... just noticed that pfloyd is closing in on 10,000 posts ! ... since I and everyone had to start over a number of times due to technical difficulties it's a big accomplishment for ME (as I usually only post on the basketball forum) ... I've been stuck on being a "SEOPs HO" for a long time it seems LOL maybe at 10,000 I rollover to something else ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:53 pm ... just noticed that pfloyd is closing in on 10,000 posts ! ... since I and everyone had to start over a number of times due to technical difficulties it's a big accomplishment for ME (as I usually only post on the basketball forum) ... I've been stuck on being a "SEOPs HO" for a long time it seems LOL maybe at 10,000 I rollover to something else ...
You should advance on to being an Ironman 😎

Return to “Boys Basketball”