Ironton Fighting Tigers Football 2020

SpeedKillz

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by SpeedKillz »

laser breath wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:09 am
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:36 am
laser breath wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:19 pm

He wasn’t on the radar until he shredded urban Myers sons team as a junior and Urban’s wife immediately called him and said you need to get this kid. Holden entertained the informal offer briefly but again you don’t know how to comprehend anything, he was never that interested. Who gives two dumps if eleven warriors followed him. According to the article Urban spoke directly to him. You think he’s going to just call up just any kid out there? Lol. And if you don’t believe that tanner Holden could’ve played on that high of a level then you have tipped your cap as to your knowledge of football. He was legit.

Honestly I find it a tad odd you even care and even more odd you watch recruits.
Loser Breath: Your facts are so distorted that I find it difficult to respond to such stupidity. Urbans wife texted or tweeted to "Take a look at this kid." He was invited up to stand on the sideline, but that's all it really amounted to was a text and an invite. There are many kids that get this, but reading the articles Holden even says, "To play at this level, I realize how much harder I have to work," and that's about as far as it really went.

I'm not saying Holden isn't an athlete, but you come on here and act like he burt Okudah shorts off the turf. Get real dude. Compared to the Cincy GCL's Wrs and DBs, man get outta SE Ohia. It begs the question, "Why isn't he playing hoops for UK, Duke, UNC or even Indiana?" He's playing for Wright St. in Dayton, OH. Good for him. Many kids from your area have started as Freshman for that school. I hope he does make it to the NBA, but your have to be real with your expectations or else.

FYI, I'm enough of a Buckeye booster to have invites to recruiting tryouts and, stand on the sideline for the spring game. 4-Season tickets in Section 24A. GO BUCKS!!
You’ve already tipped your cap. Holden never worked hard in football. Ever. It was just natural ability.
But if he wanted to pursue football, put the effort in, go to camps, and do the work, he would’ve been offered easily. He spent all his summer in AAU basketball. He entertained football when Ohio State took notice. I know he was being pursued by a ton of D1 schools but He never listened until the bucks started looking. He’s the best skilled athlete I’ve seen potential wise for a long time in this area. I know that’s my opinion and others may disagree but to sound like he was just an average player is just mind boggling. Kid is legit and he’s proving it at wright state.
Why was Huntington prep or Oak Hill Academy not interested in Holden for hoops?

Where was he during the mcdonalds classic?

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Paulcrew wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:18 pm
laser breath wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:57 pm
Paulcrew wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:26 pm What does any past Wheelersburg player have to do with Ironton? lets get back to talking about ironton 2020. Ill start, will there be anyone in the stands after halftime on the home side of game 1?
Probably not. Burg fans tend not to come to games they know they can win.
I was wondering what happened last year. Now I know. Thanks. I thought that maybe it was just the rain.
😂😂😂💀💀💀

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:29 pm
laser breath wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:09 am
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:36 am

Loser Breath: Your facts are so distorted that I find it difficult to respond to such stupidity. Urbans wife texted or tweeted to "Take a look at this kid." He was invited up to stand on the sideline, but that's all it really amounted to was a text and an invite. There are many kids that get this, but reading the articles Holden even says, "To play at this level, I realize how much harder I have to work," and that's about as far as it really went.

I'm not saying Holden isn't an athlete, but you come on here and act like he burt Okudah shorts off the turf. Get real dude. Compared to the Cincy GCL's Wrs and DBs, man get outta SE Ohia. It begs the question, "Why isn't he playing hoops for UK, Duke, UNC or even Indiana?" He's playing for Wright St. in Dayton, OH. Good for him. Many kids from your area have started as Freshman for that school. I hope he does make it to the NBA, but your have to be real with your expectations or else.

FYI, I'm enough of a Buckeye booster to have invites to recruiting tryouts and, stand on the sideline for the spring game. 4-Season tickets in Section 24A. GO BUCKS!!
You’ve already tipped your cap. Holden never worked hard in football. Ever. It was just natural ability.
But if he wanted to pursue football, put the effort in, go to camps, and do the work, he would’ve been offered easily. He spent all his summer in AAU basketball. He entertained football when Ohio State took notice. I know he was being pursued by a ton of D1 schools but He never listened until the bucks started looking. He’s the best skilled athlete I’ve seen potential wise for a long time in this area. I know that’s my opinion and others may disagree but to sound like he was just an average player is just mind boggling. Kid is legit and he’s proving it at wright state.
Why was Huntington prep or Oak Hill Academy not interested in Holden for hoops?

Where was he during the mcdonalds classic?
Just wondered cause I live in D.C. Spent a condiderable amount of time watching a lot of kids up here from DC & MD & VA and Philly and NY get recruited by Duke & Nova & UNC & UK etc for hoops. Never heard about Holden. Why?

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kerry Martin Jr - Capital
Kerion Martin Jr - Capital
Chance Knox - Capital

All went D1 pretty easily. And Kerry already starts at WVU as a DB.

Where were all of Holdens D1 offers?

When was he rated as a top recruit in football or hoops like Carrico is?

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Holden is an athlete at Burg.

Anywhere else he's average. 🤷‍♂️

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:38 pm Holden is an athlete at Burg.

You talking about the 2017 d5 offensive player of the year and mr Ohio football finalist? Asking for a friend.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Yeah, that's pretty much one of the most deadass-wrong comments i've ever read on here. The constant back-and-forth between Ironton and Burg posters is making this forum tough to follow.*

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ain't it though. I have got sucked in way to many times. and I've not reacted like a Christian at times. but you won't see that out of me anymore. I hain't gonna lose my testimony spouting back at certain people here. but I think it's abhorable to see grown adults calling out kids 14-18. as if they ain't already got enough on their plate. then you throw in things like athletics that are based on performance and you call them out. I can't handle that.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Paulcrew wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:26 pm What does any past Wheelersburg player have to do with Ironton? lets get back to talking about ironton 2020. Ill start, will there be anyone in the stands after halftime on the home side of game 1?
LOL! Good one Paul Crew! That's great!

Heck, I was getting ready to predict a "Decade Of Despair' just for fun but I think you've topped me already

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:27 pm ain't it though. I have got sucked in way to many times. and I've not reacted like a Christian at times. but you won't see that out of me anymore. I hain't gonna lose my testimony spouting back at certain people here. but I think it's abhorable to see grown adults calling out kids 14-18. as if they ain't already got enough on their plate. then you throw in things like athletics that are based on performance and you call them out. I can't handle that.
Horrible, weak, small town perspective. Never shield young men from scrutiny. Fair or unfair. Teach them to deal with it!

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:17 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much one of the most deadass-wrong comments i've ever read on here. The constant back-and-forth between Ironton and Burg posters is making this forum tough to follow.*

How so? Holden was not a highly rated recruit in football or basketball. He got a couple D1 visits in hoops and only 1 offer. WVU had him up for a visit and passed on him. Not surprising given the hoops pipeline Huggins is accustomed to. His senior year at Burg he would have struggled to start at Huntington Prep. I looked all over. I didnt catch Holden on anyones map his senior season of hoops. I didn't find him on anyones whos who except for Wheelersburgs. Same w football if this comaprison to the Carricoe kid is insisted. Holden had some visits. Most of the D1's passed on him. He wasn't highly rated as a recruit in football either. Again, missing from all the whos who lists. I'm wondering, beyond wheelersburg, at that time - how is that statement incorrect or inaccurate?

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:01 pm

How so? Holden was not a highly rated recruit in football or basketball. He got a couple D1 visits in hoops and only 1 offer. WVU had him up for a visit and passed on him. Not surprising given the hoops pipeline Huggins is accustomed to. His senior year at Burg he would have struggled to start at Huntington Prep. I looked all over. I didnt catch Holden on anyones map his senior season of hoops. I didn't find him on anyones whos who except for Wheelersburgs. Same w football if this comaprison to the Carricoe kid is insisted. Holden had some visits. Most of the D1's passed on him. He wasn't highly rated as a recruit in football either. Again, missing from all the whos who lists. I'm wondering, beyond wheelersburg, at that time - how is that statement incorrect or inaccurate?
Matter fact, Holden was a two star in ONE ranking in hoops & went unranked by ESPN, Rivals, & the other noteable national rankings. He wasn't considered elite. He wasn't recruited as an elite talent and as such, he did not grab much attention nationally or even within his home state. These are all facts.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:08 pm

Matter fact, Holden was a two star in ONE ranking in hoops & went unranked by ESPN, Rivals, & the other noteable national rankings. He wasn't considered elite. He wasn't recruited as an elite talent and as such, he did not grab much attention nationally or even within his home state. These are all facts.
The Loveday kid, Zach Loveday. From Gallipolis. Plays Huntington Prep. 7ft 200lbs. 4 star. Signed w Oregon.

That is elite.

Carrico. 4/5 star LB. One of the top recruits in state at his position and overall as well as nationally ranked and signed and sealed by Ryan Day and The Ohio State University.

That is elite.

I know some of you pirate pumper bucaroos feel a way, but those are the facts.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

So lets try to put these emotion based comparisons to bed now. We understand the Burg fan base is going through some changes or a transformation if you will. We are willing to be patient with little sister during this journey. But facts are facts. Lean years on board the pirate raft. ☠😂🤫

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

kantucky wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:50 pm
LOL! Good one Paul Crew! That's great!

Heck, I was getting ready to predict a "Decade Of Despair' just for fun but I think you've topped me already
Lean years aboard the pirate raft. 😂

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

BurgBaskets wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:12 pm
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:50 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:23 pm
If you’re from cinati, you must be a big burg fan to come and pair and their success

FYI,I'm following Carrico's and his accomplishments to be an Ohio State Buckeye. Also, many other the Ironton's prospects.

Really, I've never heard of your town, but I after reading some of your posts; I see that you said Carricos's overrated blah, blah, blah. Reading more into your posts, you have an obsession with Ironton and their kids success. You haven't had a kid like this in decades, and you can stand it can you?

I bet you're a guy that went to Otterbein, or a school of the like and, after 2-yrs you ended you're over $80k in debt and realized it was a bad decision. You now have a student loan payment of $800-month, and ended up attending Shawnee State. Now, you're right back in your little 'burg dealing with your big fish in a small pond complex. Get over yourself and leave the OSU Ironton recruits alone.
Hey Big Daddy- not sure what those last 2 misspelled words are in your username. Dude, are you the same man as THE Larry "I'm so" Fine?" You sound just like him bro. Lots of nonsense, and surely not two misinformed dudes in the same town. I mean hopefully not.
Hey BurgBaskets: I've already addressed this once to one of your other lil'burg misinformed posters. When you choose a username it'll only allow for 20-characters, so I had to improvise and take out some of the vowels and abbreviate. Obviously from your post, you get it. Also, I'm not Mr. Larry either, and I'm very far from being misinformed. Peace out Bro!

Your Big Daddy From Cincinnati!

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:18 pm

Matter fact, Holden was a two star in ONE ranking in hoops & went unranked by ESPN, Rivals, & the other notable national rankings. He wasn't considered elite. He wasn't recruited as an elite talent and as such, he did not grab much attention nationally or even within his home state. These are all facts.
The Loveday kid, Zach Loveday. From Gallipolis. Plays Huntington Prep. 7ft 200lbs. 4 star. Signed w Oregon.

That is elite.

Carrico. 4/5 star LB. One of the top recruits in state at his position and overall as well as nationally ranked and signed and sealed by Ryan Day and The Ohio State University.

That is elite.

EXACTLY! Same situation with Ohio State. Urban's wife watched him have a great game against a horrible Bishop Watterson team, and tweeted Urban to "take a look at this kid." He was invited up, but that's all it ever amount to was a phone call and a visit. People hate dealing with facts, but it doesn't ever change them.

Again, I'm not saying Holden isn't an athlete, but he's at Wright State in Dayton, Ohio for a reason and not Univ. of Dayton. However, he's not playing for Duke, UK, UNC, UI, WVU or even Univ. of Cincinnati, so ppl need to be real with their expectation of him or else. Not being able to play for Huntington prep is an excellent point. He's nowhere near the elite football talent of Carrico.

*Not slamming nor disparaging Holden, but these claims by these ill informed posters are unrealistic.

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:48 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:18 pm

Matter fact, Holden was a two star in ONE ranking in hoops & went unranked by ESPN, Rivals, & the other notable national rankings. He wasn't considered elite. He wasn't recruited as an elite talent and as such, he did not grab much attention nationally or even within his home state. These are all facts.

That is elite.

That is elite.

EXACTLY! Same situation with Ohio State. Urban's wife watched him have a great game against a horrible Bishop Watterson team, and tweeted Urban to "take a look at this kid." He was invited up, but that's all it ever amount to was a phone call and a visit. People hate dealing with facts, but it doesn't ever change them.

Again, I'm not saying Holden isn't an athlete, but he's at Wright State in Dayton, Ohio for a reason and not Univ. of Dayton. However, he's not playing for Duke, UK, UNC, UI, WVU or even Univ. of Cincinnati, so ppl need to be real with their expectation of him or else. Not being able to play for Huntington prep is an excellent point. He's nowhere near the elite football talent of Carrico.

*Not slamming nor disparaging Holden, but these claims by these ill informed posters are unrealistic.
Nothing you say has merit after a statement like that.
Signed Steph Curry - Davidson university

I think carrico is great but if Holden actually wanted to work at football and go to the camps like carrico, his ceiling would’ve been a lot higher. A whole lot higher.

And 3000 times more upside than loveday. Lol

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

I’m an Ironton guy,but Holden is better than a lot or people thought.Not top 10 good though.

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:27 pm ain't it though. I have got sucked in way to many times. and I've not reacted like a Christian at times. but you won't see that out of me anymore. I hain't gonna lose my testimony spouting back at certain people here. but I think it's abhorable to see grown adults calling out kids 14-18. as if they ain't already got enough on their plate. then you throw in things like athletics that are based on performance and you call them out. I can't handle that.
I agree Bait. I'm not a Burg guy but when you get on here and talk about kids this way that crosses the line. More than likely speedkillz is a HS school student that could never compete at the level of a Tanner Holden. I watched Wright State and NKU last night on ESPN and was very surprised at how much he has matured as a player.

Return to “Football”