Camera question

General Chat
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Camera question

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I take pictures at all of the football games I attend, as some of you know.
I am wanting to upgrade. What I am looking for is a camera and lens that can shoot the night time games and get clear pics. I usually set up top in the middle and this at times makes things hard on my click and shoot camera.

I am looking for something that won't run more that 1500-2000 dollars.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Camera question

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:15 am I take pictures at all of the football games I attend, as some of you know.
I am wanting to upgrade. What I am looking for is a camera and lens that can shoot the night time games and get clear pics. I usually set up top in the middle and this at times makes things hard on my click and shoot camera.

I am looking for something that won't run more that 1500-2000 dollars.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
You could get great info here, and even talk to a qualified camera tech employee. Sounds to me like you need a lens with good depth of field and a zoom. But I only know little about camera's and lenses. These guys have treated me good purchasing amps and pa equipment. Quality stuff. They sell other stuff besides camera's and lenses, but mostly a photography store. I bet they could help you and give ya a good deal. Call them, they will treat ya right.

https://www.adorama.com/l/Photography

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Thanks. I just contacted them.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Cool! Let me know how it went. They have some good stuff in various things, but mostly known for Photography equipment.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Will do.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:09 pm Cool! Let me know how it went. They have some good stuff in various things, but mostly known for Photography equipment.
They suggested a point and shoot camera, which I know from talking can not do what I need. The price was 1995. I talked to a few people about this camera and they all said it would not do any better then the two I have. I plan on making the trip to Columbus to talk to a person at a camera store there.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:32 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:09 pm Cool! Let me know how it went. They have some good stuff in various things, but mostly known for Photography equipment.
They suggested a point and shoot camera, which I know from talking can not do what I need. The price was 1995. I talked to a few people about this camera and they all said it would not do any better then the two I have. I plan on making the trip to Columbus to talk to a person at a camera store there.
Don't know who you talked to there, but you can get this whole package cheaper than 1,995.00. Has just about everything one would need to take football pictures, and more. I like the low light sensitivity it has. Check it out. Lots of extras accessories with this also.

https://www.adorama.com/nkz50k2f.html?EmailPrice=T

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

They sent me the email after I used the link you gave me to their site.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:45 pm They sent me the email after I used the link you gave me to their site.
Got ya. I had a look see on their site at the camera stuff myself, and they have some real good package/bundle deals. I don't know a whole lot about them, but Nikon makes some good stuff. My dad had a Nikon camera and lenses/accessories before he past away, and it took plush looking pictures. Could ask Noreply for some info as well, maybe he would know. He takes some good pictures I've seen on here.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Thanks.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Seems like anyone working for a sports department and takes pictures of the games could tell you a few things. Barry Miller of the Logan Daily takes great pictures of all sports at Logan.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “The Off season”