Will VC Coach Bentley leave after this year?

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Re: Will VC Coach Bentley leave after this year?

Post by boy of summer »

Coach Bentley has turned our program totally around. He treats his players very, very well and will do anything for them. Most schools would love to have a coach that cares for his players so much on and off the Court.

Morgan Bentley is a 4.0 student and a wonderful young lady . It is hard being a coach's kid but she handles it well.
Any dad would be proud to have her as a daughter and a coach as a player!

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Alexander has maybe went further (in boys) the last 2 yrs than VC--but don't you feel they should have went deeper because of there talent???? Also Athens has not went very far in basketball in last 3 or 4 years

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

For boys' basketball in this argument, Vinton County has three (3) DII district championships since the year 2000. There are only two other schools with more than three...

Chillicothe (5) and Logan Elm (4).

The rest...

Unioto (2)
McClain (2)
Portsmouth (1)
Washington Court House (1)
Gallia Academy (1)
Waverly (1)
Athens (1)
Warren (1)
Fairfield Union (1)
Fairland (1)
Sheridan (1)
Zane Trace (1)

So there's that.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

He will leave after next year. Once his daughter graduates.

96spartan
Freshman Team

Post by 96spartan »

[quote=SEFan post_id=1846470 time=1580239845 user_id=3934]
He will leave after next year. Once his daughter graduates.
[/quote]

Which daughter?? His youngest daughter will be a freshman next yr🤔

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Bentley will be the next boys coach at Vinton County. If combs leaves for Unito Bentley will slide over. I did not realize he had another daughter???

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Marauders19 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:46 pm Bentley will be the next boys coach at Vinton County. If combs leaves for Unito Bentley will slide over. I did not realize he had another daughter???
Yes he has a younger daughter but she is not the caliber of player of the older girl from what I remember. I seen the younger one play last year and she has a ways to go.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:30 am
Marauders19 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:46 pm Bentley will be the next boys coach at Vinton County. If combs leaves for Unito Bentley will slide over. I did not realize he had another daughter???
Yes he has a younger daughter but she is not the caliber of player of the older girl from what I remember. I seen the younger one play last year and she has a ways to go.
He also has twin sons who are supposedly pretty dang good. Only in like 5th grade, so take that for what it's worth.

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Geez... How many kids does Coach Bentley have ? It seems little Vinton county has had a Bentley on the court forever.. I watched his twins play in Portsmouth summer league but I think they are in 6 grade those two kids can play.. anyone know what grade they are in??

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Marauders19 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:47 pm Geez... How many kids does Coach Bentley have ? It seems little Vinton county has had a Bentley on the court forever.. I watched his twins play in Portsmouth summer league but I think they are in 6 grade those two kids can play.. anyone know what grade they are in??
From all the VC threads they are studs in 4th-8th grade. I’ll go with 5th grade as my pick.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:33 pm
Marauders19 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:47 pm Geez... How many kids does Coach Bentley have ? It seems little Vinton county has had a Bentley on the court forever.. I watched his twins play in Portsmouth summer league but I think they are in 6 grade those two kids can play.. anyone know what grade they are in??
From all the VC threads they are studs in 4th-8th grade. I’ll go with 5th grade as my pick.
I believe that they are in the fourth grade. However, they "play-up" all of the time. When you saw them in Portsmouth, that was a junior high league. They are playing in Columbus area, as fifth graders, against some of the biggest schools. I believe that Vinton County team is 12-2, with wins of Upper Arlington, Westerville Central (Coach by Stanley Jackson), Grove City, Olentangy Liberty, Teays Valley, and Logan.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:48 pm
I believe that they are in the fourth grade. However, they "play-up" all of the time. When you saw them in Portsmouth, that was a junior high league. They are playing in Columbus area, as fifth graders, against some of the biggest schools. I believe that Vinton County team is 12-2, with wins of Upper Arlington, Westerville Central (Coach by Stanley Jackson), Grove City, Olentangy Liberty, Teays Valley, and Logan.
Agree that the twins are nice ball players. I think I have seen the entire Bentley crew and none of them are particularly small. I don’t say that in a negative way but right now those twins are so much smaller than anyone they play against and it creates a tough matchup. They will eventually start to grow and it will be interesting to see how they progress.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

They are 4th graders!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:26 pm
They are 4th graders!
In November they were in jr high

Definitely the most 4th grade boys have ever been mentioned on a girls high school sports forum

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:24 pm

Agree that the twins are nice ball players. I think I have seen the entire Bentley crew and none of them are particularly small. I don’t say that in a negative way but right now those twins are so much smaller than anyone they play against and it creates a tough matchup. They will eventually start to grow and it will be interesting to see how they progress.
Everyone knows Coach Bentley. He is at 6'1" or 6'2." Mrs. Bentley, is 5'10." Cassie, the second oldest, is 6', Ashley, the 8th grader is 5'11" or 6.' So, I am going to go out on a limb and say when these twins hit puberty, they will have major growth spurts and may finish out at 6'3" or taller.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:22 am
Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:24 pm

Everyone knows Coach Bentley. He is at 6'1" or 6'2." Mrs. Bentley, is 5'10." Cassie, the second oldest, is 6', Ashley, the 8th grader is 5'11" or 6.' So, I am going to go out on a limb and say when these twins hit puberty, they will have major growth spurts and may finish out at 6'3" or taller.
Probably transfer to Logan or Unioto

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

4th graders.

chiefs76
Riding the Bench

Post by chiefs76 »

I would love to see them come back to Logan but those twins will play for Combs if Combs stays at Vinton they will stay there if Combs goes to Unioto the twins will follow...

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

For the 1000th time, Coach Combs is NOT going to Unioto. In case you haven't heard they have a basketball coach and his name is MATT HOOPS.

Return to “Girls Basketball”