Ironton football

Bengalguy
Waterboy

Ironton football

Post by Bengalguy »

I have heard talk of a running back from galipollis coming to ironton. Anyone else heard anything about this?

laser breath
Varsity

Re: Ironton football

Post by laser breath »

I’m sure he’s been contacted But his is family moving into Ironton? Because if not he has to sit out the back part of the year. Per OHSAA

Bengalguy
Waterboy

Post by Bengalguy »

Was he supposedly any good. And what the reason he would have to set out.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Any player that transfers after jr high and doesn’t move into the new district or meets one of the OHSAA’s exceptions would be ineligible to play the second half of the season and playoffs.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

But this is the age of transfers and any player that feels they can improve their situation or possibility of playing post high school. I say more power to them. I enjoy basketball season but nearly as much as football. Can’t wait for the season to start. Hopefully next season’s Pirates perform better against the Tigers. Should be a good one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

here we go again. how many ironton topics do we need. when someone moves to burg from Columbus or Cleveland when their family moves. you don't find many ''fighting tiger'' fans who care,and would much less would we start a topic about it. but on boring inclimate days this makes for good reading. especially if you have already got the dead skin off your heels with your rotary tool, and the sweeper run. and the dishes done.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

HO HUM. The tigers are trying to rob a school of a player......we hear it every year. The OHSAA isnt gonna do anything about it. They never do. IHS has figured out the loopholes. The HS world just needs to accept that they cheat and move on. If you dont like it stop playing them.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

That is an awesome post! Maybe they are doing things the right way. People "turn in" schools all the time. I believe it even happened last year over a player playing at Ironton yet didn't move in. Perfectly legal if the criteria is met. The fact remains,people usually don't know crap about the rules but think they do.
2 of the most successful programs in this area Burg and Ironton I'm sure have had their share of being turned in.
If my memory is correct,I don't remember any infractions

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

maybe just maybe, what is going on ain't illegal lancer. where did you play that you played against them.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:15 pm maybe just maybe, what is going on ain't illegal lancer. where did you play that you played against them.
It’s illegal if family doesn’t move legitimately. Hiding it in some sort of way doesn’t make it that way either.

You don’t think a student moving from one school in the conference to another school in their senior year raises a red flag?

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

laser breath wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:51 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:15 pm maybe just maybe, what is going on ain't illegal lancer. where did you play that you played against them.
It’s illegal if family doesn’t move legitimately. Hiding it in some sort of way doesn’t make it that way either.

You don’t think a student moving from one school in the conference to another school in their senior year raises a red flag?

Wheelersburg Basketball, are Truit, Sanderlin, and Swords all recruits from other schools ?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:19 pm Any player that transfers after jr high and doesn’t move into the new district or meets one of the OHSAA’s exceptions would be ineligible to play the second half of the season and playoffs.
I’m sure rent is pretty cheap in Wheelersburg and Ironton

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

😂😂😂
Goodness bait. It’s been going on since the days of big wigs giving stud dads jobs at Armco Steel. We’ve talked about this many many times. Back in the day. When open enrollment wasn’t in play. Then I’d hear the complains. But in 2020. A student CAN TRANSFER without penalty as long as the rules are followed. SO WHAT if a kid from GA is transfer to I-Town. Rest assure if the family that’s making that decision in 2020 UNdErSTaND FULLY that if they don’t move to the transfer district that they have sit out a portion of their child’s school year. They will make it work if they want their child in a certain schools district. It’s part of modern day football. Justin Fields. Jalen Hurts. Etc. it’s in the NCAA. And just recently the BIG10 Ads just approved language that if a student/athlete transfers they don’t have to petition for a waiver. The first transfer from FBS-FBS is granted without penalty. Folks all I can say is get with the times. Instead of complianing. I’ll suggest you look at your kids and tell them you wanna play Yiu better work and earn and spot. And that’s great life medicine. Hard work. And that’s what high school sports and sports in general are there to create.....productive hard working citizens of society.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

If you are so sure turn them in. You are like a broken record. You actually sound like someone from Ironton that took his kid to "live in the Burg" so he could be "legal" to play for the Burg,even tho he still lived in Ironton lol. Tennis anyone lmao

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Larry Fine wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:55 pm

Wheelersburg Basketball, are Truit, Sanderlin, and Swords all recruits from other schools ?
Truitt moved in from New Boston/South Webster I think summer before Freshman year, Sanderlin from West in Jr High, but Swords has lived in and attended Wheelersburg since Kindergarten.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Families change schools. Happens all over. Looking forward to a great game between The Pirates and The Tigers.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Just because a kid moves his senior year within a conference in 2020 NO doesn’t raise a red flag. Maybe with fans. But not the OHSAA if rules are followed. Who to blame a set of parents wanting the best for their kids and so what if playing for a state championship is the driving factor. GA get better. Get to state. So players won’t leave their senior year. Kids are allowed to leave in nowadays time. Rules are followed. It’s acceptable. Regardless the emotions involved. As Tim Tebow says. Stick with the convictions they lead you true. Convictions drive those to accomplish the mission.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:32 pm Families change schools. Happens all over. Looking forward to a great game between The Pirates and The Tigers.

Sounds like Just too much civilization between Ironton and burg. Be like Hatfield/McCoys having peace in the day.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

12gauge wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:30 pm

If you are so sure turn them in. You are like a broken record. You actually sound like someone from Ironton that took his kid to "live in the Burg" so he could be "legal" to play for the Burg,even tho he still lived in Ironton lol. Tennis anyone lmao
I’m sure they’ve been looked into and will continue to be looked into. Honestly, people are gonna do what they wanna do including burg.

I just want one tiger fan to nut up and admit that they went out and loaded up their team for a state run and looks to be doing so again.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:49 pm

Just because a kid moves his senior year within a conference in 2020 NO doesn’t raise a red flag. Maybe with fans. But not the OHSAA if rules are followed. Who to blame a set of parents wanting the best for their kids and so what if playing for a state championship is the driving factor. GA get better. Get to state. So players won’t leave their senior year. Kids are allowed to leave in nowadays time. Rules are followed. It’s acceptable. Regardless the emotions involved. As Tim Tebow says. Stick with the convictions they lead you true. Convictions drive those to accomplish the mission.
Come on man. I rely on your posts for sanity. Of course it raises a red flag. Wow. Ironton still has Carrico and this will be his last year. The next carrico is probably coming around 10 years from now. Burg on their state run had one kid that played at a different high school as a sophomore. His mom is a teacher at burg. I’d bet house money that he didn’t come to try for a state football championship. Honestly I don’t think Burgfans would’ve thought they would go that far.

Return to “Football”