Waverly @ Jackson 2/1

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Re: Waverly @ Jackson 2/1

Post by MasterOfNone »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:58 pm Waverly was taxed.
Waverly missed uncontested shots.
Waverly wasn't fresh.

No. Waverly lost. Got beat fairly badly actually. Nothing to be ashamed of at all, Burg only got the Ironmen by 1 point, they are a good team. Surprised the refs haven't been thrown under the bus yet.
Isn’t there always reasons both good and bad as to why a team loses or wins? Guess some people would view them as excuses :roll:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:59 pm Caden Donaldson with a double double. Out worked bigger players all night. Kid is amazing.
... Caden Donaldson continues to show WHY he IS the best role player in SEO ... nice with the double double AGAIN !

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:07 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:59 pm Caden Donaldson with a double double. Out worked bigger players all night. Kid is amazing.
... Caden Donaldson continues to show WHY he IS the best role player in SEO ... nice with the double double AGAIN !
He’s had games with 2 points and showed the same worth

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:31 pm
... no doubt in my mind I92 ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:39 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:31 pm

... no doubt in my mind I92 ...
... BUT when CD gets in position behind the 3 point line AND can knockdown the 3 ball - HE IS A BACK BREAKER for the opposition LOL ... when I watched him hit those 3 triples vs VC I told Coach Maddox "when Donaldson can do THAT you aren't beating the Ironmen" ... CD IS THAT important to the JHS success on the court - he's a good one ! takes ALL kinds to make a TEAM ...

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Waverly wasn't fresh.

No. Waverly lost. Got beat fairly badly actually. Nothing to be ashamed of at all, Burg only got the Ironmen by 1 point, they are a good team. Surprised the refs haven't been thrown under the bus yet.
You are right one 1 thing Waverly lost plain and simple. Were they taxed absolutely, did they miss uncontested shots, yep and so did Jackson, was waverly fresh?? Nope not when you only play 6 guys and you play 3 tough teams in 1 week going OT to the one and dealing with OH at home night before the Jackson game. I don't believe any of the Waverly posters are ashamed at all they lost to a very good Jackson team who did lose to Burg. At the same time a fresh Waverly team went into Burg and walked all over them, so there's that. It's ok though sometimes people speak up when they don't know anything about it. In the end Jackson won and I don't think there's to many people who were taking Waverly after the week they had just had and Jackson taking the night off Friday night. I had Jackson by 8 myself going into this one.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

greygoose wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:23 am
Waverly wasn't fresh.

You are right one 1 thing Waverly lost plain and simple. Were they taxed absolutely, did they miss uncontested shots, yep and so did Jackson, was waverly fresh?? Nope not when you only play 6 guys and you play 3 tough teams in 1 week going OT to the one and dealing with OH at home night before the Jackson game. I don't believe any of the Waverly posters are ashamed at all they lost to a very good Jackson team who did lose to Burg. At the same time a fresh Waverly team went into Burg and walked all over them, so there's that. It's ok though sometimes people speak up when they don't know anything about it. In the end Jackson won and I don't think there's to many people who were taking Waverly after the week they had just had and Jackson taking the night off Friday night. I had Jackson by 8 myself going into this one.
Jackson beat Unioto on Friday night in a hard fought game, then lost to Wheelersburg Saturday afternoon, losing the lead late on tired legs . Not one excuse from Jackson. So there is that.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:42 am
Waverly wasn't fresh.

Jackson beat Unioto on Friday night in a hard fought game, then lost to Wheelersburg Saturday afternoon, losing the lead late on tired legs . Not one excuse from Jackson. So there is that.
Ya won by 9 were off an entire week prior to that and played Burg at home losing by just 2, made it a lot nicer that way didn't it?? So there WAS that.

Re: 12/28 Wheelersburg @ Jackson
Report
Quote

Unread post by Poo Bear » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:19 pm

Great game for Jackson on tired legs. Def wore out second half. Never seen a kid play harder for his team than Caleb Wallis.

Just incase you forgot you posted that one. Now add a OT game to it and back to back road games both nights. Think everyone would've gotten to see a much more competitive game from start to finish but Jackson did a great job and just took it to waverly early and waverly dug to big of a hole to come out of. As some posters have said predicting the 2nd night of a back to back is tough

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

greygoose wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:50 am

Ya won by 9 were off an entire week prior to that and played Burg at home losing by just 2, made it a lot nicer that way didn't it?? So there WAS that.

Report
Quote

Great game for Jackson on tired legs. Def wore out second half. Never seen a kid play harder for his team than Caleb Wallis.

Just incase you forgot you posted that one. Now add a OT game to it and back to back road games both nights. Think everyone would've gotten to see a much more competitive game from start to finish but Jackson did a great job and just took it to waverly early and waverly dug to big of a hole to come out of. As some posters have said predicting the 2nd night of a back to back is tough
Exactly ! That Poo Bear is dialed in 🐻

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Report
Quote

You make it to the game?

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

I am a huge Waverly supporter, but I’m not buying the fatigue facto. These kids sometimes play 3, 4 games a day in AAU. They are young and recover quickly. Sometimes you get beat by a better team. Jackson is better than us this year. We knocked them out of the tournament two years ago and beat them badly at home late last year. They then went on a really good tournament run. Hopefully we can do the same this year.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ukfanatic wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:33 am I am a huge Waverly supporter, but I’m not buying the fatigue facto. These kids sometimes play 3, 4 games a day in AAU. They are young and recover quickly. Sometimes you get beat by a better team. Jackson is better than us this year. We knocked them out of the tournament two years ago and beat them badly at home late last year. They then went on a really good tournament run. Hopefully we can do the same this year.
I think it definitely plays a part but I get what you’re saying. In AAU every team plays 3, 4 games so it’s not as noticeable. If a team is playing their 3rd game and their opponent is on their first you can tell. Also I don’t think the AAU games are even close to the intensity levels as a varsity high school game. Defense is below average and nowhere near as taxing on the players.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Jackson just better this year, pretty obvious sorry Waverly

Hoopsallday
Waterboy

Post by Hoopsallday »

Waverly wasn't fresh.

Definitely agree.

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

What games have Waverly lost this year, because the other team was better?
Jackson - nope, Waverly was tired
Miami Trace - nope, Waverly was banged up
Oak Hill game 1 : I’m guessing injuries
Fairland : Waverly was better, but Fairland scored more points

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Pete_Bell wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:32 pm What games have Waverly lost this year, because the other team was better?
+1

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Pete_Bell wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:32 pm What games have Waverly lost this year, because the other team was better?
You tell us since you've got it figured out.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:11 am

Report
Quote

You make it to the game?
Which one?? Burg and Jackson or Waverly and Jackson??

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

greygoose wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:47 pm
Give credit where credit is due. If team A loses, maybe team A is better, Maybe Team A had a better game plan. Maybe a player who normally scores 4 points scores 12. A win is a win, a loss is a loss regardless of circumstance.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Pete_Bell wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:54 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:47 pm
Give credit where credit is due. If team A loses, maybe team A is better, Maybe Team A had a better game plan. Maybe a player who normally scores 4 points scores 12. A win is a win, a loss is a loss regardless of circumstance.
Did I not give credit on my other post to Jackson or did you simply read 1 post and decide to jump in?? I said Jackson was a very good team and they did win that night hands down, they came out hot and put waverly down big early and never even looked to be close till waverly tried getting back in it late. I said I believe everyone would've liked to seen a game where both teams were fresh, pretty much makes for better basketball and all and liked to have seen what happens. Does Jackson still win possibly like I said they have a heck of a team this year and play some good defense, just would've made for a more interesting game from a fans point.

Return to “Boys Basketball”