Covered Bridges of Ohio

General Chat
Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Re: Covered Bridges of Ohio

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

4 in Vinton County

1. Arbaugh Covered Bridge or Eakin Mill: only one in the county you can still drive through. I think it’s on Eakin Mill Road

2. Bay Bridge: used to cross Little Raccoon Creek. Currently at the fairgrounds where it was moved when Lake Rupert was made.

3. Cox Covered Bridge: Located on Woodgeard Road North of McArthur just west of RT 93

4. Mount Olive Covered Bridge: Located at the intersection of Mount Olive Road and Goosecreek Road a few miles north of Allensville.

Also used to be the Ponn “Humpback” Bridge. It was destroyed by arson a few years back. It was the longest in the county and was unusually shaped.

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford. You know what they say Ford stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Rusty Shackleford wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:43 am 4 in Vinton County

1. Arbaugh Covered Bridge or Eakin Mill: only one in the county you can still drive through. I think it’s on Eakin Mill Road

2. Bay Bridge: used to cross Little Raccoon Creek. Currently at the fairgrounds where it was moved when Lake Rupert was made.

3. Cox Covered Bridge: Located on Woodgeard Road North of McArthur just west of RT 93

4. Mount Olive Covered Bridge: Located at the intersection of Mount Olive Road and Goosecreek Road a few miles north of Allensville.

Also used to be the Ponn “Humpback” Bridge. It was destroyed by arson a few years back. It was the longest in the county and was unusually shaped.
One destroyed by arson? What a shame! Whoever did that needs their a)) behind bars!

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Yes they do. I don’t know why people feel the need to destroy things just because they can. Especially something with as much history as the humpback bridge.

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford. You know what they say Ford stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Sick in the head is what they are destroying things. They get their rocks off doing it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I lived at kitts hill for 32 years. and we had the coolest covered bridge just a few miles away in scottown. I hope it's still there. we used to drive though it with the kids when they were young and took pictures.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

The one on 217 in Scottown is still there Bait. It’s not in use anymore though. They’ve built a new bridge bedside it and rerouted the road( county road 67)

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

One near West Union. off 136 in Adams county. There is another in Amish area near Peebles close to Unity.

Return to “The Off season”