Ironton Fighting Tigers Football 2020

buckeyes3645
Waterboy

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by buckeyes3645 »

Any truth to the rumor that tOSU coaches want Carrico to play at IMG next year?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

buckeyes3645 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:58 am Any truth to the rumor that tOSU coaches want Carrico to play at IMG next year?
Tyler Gerald from East Portsmouth went down there a few years back his senior year. It did help him. Although I think he messed up at OSU. I’m not sure if the buckeyes encouraged that move or not but it would make sense because why would he, he was already offered.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we certainly don't think he needs to.
he is being coached now by a big ten running back, who went to msu as a free agent. and earned a scholarship. and scored a td in a rose bowl. that should qualify as the boxes being check that need to be.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:56 pm we certainly don't think he needs to.
he is being coached now by a big ten running back, who went to msu as a free agent. and earned a scholarship. and scored a td in a rose bowl. that should qualify as the boxes being check that need to be.
Bait I don’t think it’s a matter of coaching. I seriously doubt that the coaches of Ohio State are concerned about who’s coaching him. I’d say it’s more about if he can play against higher competition. I believe he won’t have any trouble but let’s face it d5 football isn’t going to give you that look. He’s pretty much going to dominate the competition.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:13 pm
Sport Fan wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:18 pm Also I would add , Carrico playing football in this area and for D5 high school does not help prepare him for the next level, If I were him I would play my senior year in the Elite program and competition in Florida to be better prepared for next level
Yeah, I bet you do wish that so I-town doesn't put a running clock on your lil'burg inside your own barn this 2020. That theory sure applied to Trevon Pendleton starting his Soph. year for MSU, and Cain Madden starting for Marshall his redshirt Freshman year.
Really LOL I wish that he stays and play the Burg one more year , running clock is a joke, now you sound like some Burg fans , what a joke ..

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:06 am
buckeyes3645 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:58 am Any truth to the rumor that tOSU coaches want Carrico to play at IMG next year?
Tyler Gerald from East Portsmouth went down there a few years back his senior year. It did help him. Although I think he messed up at OSU. I’m not sure if the buckeyes encouraged that move or not but it would make sense because why would he, he was already offered.
IF memory serves OSU did want Gerald to go to IMG Academy, however Gerald wasn't nearly as highly ranked coming out as Carrico is. Gerald was playing tackle at East and OSU worked him at guard in their camps and wanted him at IMG for guard which he ended up going down there for his senior season. Gerald was also coming from a DVII school that really didn't play anyone. Given Carrico's ranking within the state and overall my guess is he's staying right at Ironton for his senior year, only thing if I was OSU and Carrico I know he's playing basketball this season but that's where it would end.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:02 am
IF memory serves OSU did want Gerald to go to IMG Academy, however Gerald wasn't nearly as highly ranked coming out as Carrico is. Gerald was playing tackle at East and OSU worked him at guard in their camps and wanted him at IMG for guard which he ended up going down there for his senior season. Gerald was also coming from a DVII school that really didn't play anyone. Given Carrico's ranking within the state and overall my guess is he's staying right at Ironton for his senior year, only thing if I was OSU and Carrico I know he's playing basketball this season but that's where it would end.
You might be right on Tyler Gerald not being highly ranked but D5 isn’t going to put you in front of high level players either. I will say this, Gerald was a freak athlete. I’m pretty sure he dunked with ease in basketball with his frame and was set to be a starter for the buckeyes. I’m not sure what happened to him. If carrico is being asked to play at IMG then it’s purely for an evaluation standpoint. Can he be a star with players at his level?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:56 am

You might be right on Tyler Gerald not being highly ranked but D5 isn’t going to put you in front of high level players either. I will say this, Gerald was a freak athlete. I’m pretty sure he dunked with ease in basketball with his frame and was set to be a starter for the buckeyes. I’m not sure what happened to him. If carrico is being asked to play at IMG then it’s purely for an evaluation standpoint. Can he be a star with players at his level?
Early enrollment might be a factor as well
Not sure if ironton allows that or not
Bucks had 14 early enrollments this class
Gives kids a much better jump on contributing as freshman

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:00 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:56 pm we certainly don't think he needs to.
Bait I don’t think it’s a matter of coaching. I seriously doubt that the coaches of Ohio State are concerned about who’s coaching him. I’d say it’s more about if he can play against higher competition. I believe he won’t have any trouble but let’s face it d5 football isn’t going to give you that look. He’s pretty much going to dominate the competition.
I understand if in fact ryan day wants him too. ironton is a special place. and I hope he stays there. I really do. boys were getting signed playing at their own school for 100 years. and I certainly understand. but hope it is not going to happen. but I'd be all in behind him if he does. and he is a humble hometown guy, not likely to blow his shot getting in trouble. frankly I hate the thoughts of him leaving. but it may well happen.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it doesn't matter what division you play in. if you can play you will.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Sport Fan wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:26 pm
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:13 pm
Sport Fan wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:18 pm Also I would add , Carrico playing football in this area and for D5 high school does not help prepare him for the next level, If I were him I would play my senior year in the Elite program and competition in Florida to be better prepared for next level
Yeah, I bet you do wish that so I-town doesn't put a running clock on your lil'burg inside your own barn this 2020. That theory sure applied to Trevon Pendleton starting his Soph. year for MSU, and Cain Madden starting for Marshall his redshirt Freshman year.
Really LOL I wish that he stays and play the Burg one more year , running clock is a joke, now you sound like some Burg fans , what a joke ..
I'm like you, I could not care less about a running clock. and I assure you ironton never goes into a game looking to do that. I don't even really care for that myself, never did. but I understand why. esp. because of injuries. for decades ironton was just bombing teams by 30, 40 or more. but it was because they were so much better. but you won't know how to win without some losses.
and sticking it out. and ironton subbed heavily with leads. that's important for injuries to starters, and developing the younger talent.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree goose.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:50 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:01 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:17 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much one of the most deadass-wrong comments i've ever read on here. The constant back-and-forth between Ironton and Burg posters is making this forum tough to follow.*

How so? Holden was not a highly rated recruit in football or basketball. He got a couple D1 visits in hoops and only 1 offer. WVU had him up for a visit and passed on him. Not surprising given the hoops pipeline Huggins is accustomed to. His senior year at Burg he would have struggled to start at Huntington Prep. I looked all over. I didnt catch Holden on anyones map his senior season of hoops. I didn't find him on anyones whos who except for Wheelersburgs. Same w football if this comaprison to the Carricoe kid is insisted. Holden had some visits. Most of the D1's passed on him. He wasn't highly rated as a recruit in football either. Again, missing from all the whos who lists. I'm wondering, beyond wheelersburg, at that time - how is that statement incorrect or inaccurate?
Holden went D1 and is starting as a freshman...how is that average? Ironton has 1 kid going D1 and you acting like that the norm there. Wake me up when OSU, VT, etc. offers someone else other than Carrico. Just cause those schools visiting doesn’t mean anything...we talkin about offers.*
Well hell, I think they do have more than one kid going D1 as a matter of fact, but let's not divert from the point. This comparison is a false equivalent. Holden doesn't score elite.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Sport Fan wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:59 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:09 am
laser breath wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:21 pm Lol. See you guys in three years if you’re man enough to get on here and eat crow. Hope you guys make good dollar general managers. Deal with it.
Facts have a way of being difficult to digest when you rely so much on your sentiments and bias. It's all facts. Trae Young was an undersized kid. Noones radar. Kid rose up to be a 5 star recruit. Everybody salivating. Led the country in scoring & assists. NBA star.

Stop making false equivalencies cause reality is uncomfortable. The Holden kid is average - AT BEST.
Fact is that Carrico was recruited by many D1 Big schools and has accepted with Ohio State
Holden was not , however was good enough to have a few offers and ends up a Wright State

Fact Carrico has not played for Ohio State yet.. Results yet to be determined on how he does.. I for one hope he works hard and does very well
Holden is playing as a freshman , and playing at a very high level, and is proven himself daily with work ethic and is natural ability that God gave him
Its a polite spin. Another way to say it would be to say there is a false equivalence per the comaprison that was initially attempted because only one of two actually scores as elite.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

From an outsiders perspective Reid looks like a kid that truly enjoys playing at IHS. His humility on the bball court is fun to watch. Its easy to see that he just wants his team to win and his teammates do their best. He would benefit from a move most likely in terms of level of play but has nothing to gain in terms of recruitment. I hope he stays but if he leaves my Blue Devils have a much better chance of winning the OVC. On a side note the Tigers better do whatever it takes to keep coach P. Whatever it takes! Also a side note, the Tigers should be defending state champs. Ironton was the better football team, imho.

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers Football 2020

Post by MrFirstTake »

Reid is now ranked as the #1 inside linebacker in the country and the top 100 nationally in the latest 247 rankings

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:11 am Reid is now ranked as the #1 inside linebacker in the country and #92 nationally in the latest 247 rankings

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:11 am Reid is now ranked as the #1 inside linebacker in the country and the top 100 nationally in the latest 247 rankings
I seen that, pretty awesome.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:11 am Reid is now ranked as the #1 inside linebacker in the country and the top 100 nationally in the latest 247 rankings
that is so awesome. he is such a humble, good guy as well.
I hope he and the tigers have an amazing season. several from the team are moving on I hear.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I really think Reid will start and win a national championship before he leaves campus. As long as he can stay healthy

Return to “Football”