PARENTS GETTING EJECTED

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: PARENTS GETTING EJECTED

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:21 am
Swanker Pine wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:00 am Seems like I remember a bunch of people getting ejected from Webster back in 2005-06. Usually after getting dunked on or beat by 60. That full court press had mfs HEATED
Still remember that year the guy from Northwest getting ran. Deputies made mistake of walking him out across gym floor. Predictably, he fired off a double barrel salute to the entire Webster side of the gym!

As for me, I got tossed from a soccer game when I was a senior in high school. I was with a group of four other guys and one was really letting official have it. He couldn’t tell which one so he threw us all out. It was a tourney game at New Boston, so we went over to the side of the hill outside of stadium and watched rest of game*
Yeah that was the one that ran through my mind on this topic. Can’t remember if it was a camo jacket or greasy flannel but it was the quintessential northwest fan attire 💀😂

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

BigBlue85 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:53 pm My All-time favorite was a guy from Gallia getting booted during the freshman game at Vinton County a few years ago. Deputy told him not to return or he would be taken to jail. He promptly went to the McArthur Dollar General and bought a razor and shaved. Then bought a VC hoodie and ball cap and fake eyeglasses and returned disguised as a Vinton County fan. Still laughing about it as I type this lol
Priceless

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

mattash wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:09 pm Could we get fan cages. If a fan gets a double tech they go in a cage and get hoisted up above the rim.
In the early 1900's some basketball games were played in "cages" to keep fans from throwing stuff at the players and to keep fans off the court

Preppy
Waterboy

Post by Preppy »

Was at a Peebles at Paint Valley game a couple years ago. Official tossed a Peebles fan. The fan leaves, goes down the hall, sneaks in at the other end of the gym. Officials caught him. Tossed again. Lol

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

A couple of years ago during the girls tournament, I saw a West fan get tossed at Rock Hill. The goof ball then decided to yell at the ref” I’ll see you outside after the game!!” I’m fairly certain he took a trip down 93 to Ironton.
On this topic though, I think every school has a few fans that can flat out be an embarrassment to the school/community/players. Do officials make or miss calls? Yes. Do fans get rowdy and act stupid? YES. We’re all human and make mistakes. But some of the fans can make a game unbearable to watch.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

4thgoal wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:49 am
mattash wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:09 pm Could we get fan cages. If a fan gets a double tech they go in a cage and get hoisted up above the rim.
In the early 1900's some basketball games were played in "cages" to keep fans from throwing stuff at the players and to keep fans off the court

I believe this is where the term “cage match” and “cagers” arose with regards to basketball nicknames.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:21 amI believe this is where the term “cage match” and “cagers” arose with regards to basketball nicknames.
I am pretty sure you are right

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Swanker Pine wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:52 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:21 am
Swanker Pine wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:00 am Seems like I remember a bunch of people getting ejected from Webster back in 2005-06. Usually after getting dunked on or beat by 60. That full court press had mfs HEATED
Still remember that year the guy from Northwest getting ran. Deputies made mistake of walking him out across gym floor. Predictably, he fired off a double barrel salute to the entire Webster side of the gym!

As for me, I got tossed from a soccer game when I was a senior in high school. I was with a group of four other guys and one was really letting official have it. He couldn’t tell which one so he threw us all out. It was a tourney game at New Boston, so we went over to the side of the hill outside of stadium and watched rest of game*
Yeah that was the one that ran through my mind on this topic. Can’t remember if it was a camo jacket or greasy flannel but it was the quintessential northwest fan attire 💀😂
Right, no camo or flannel is allowed in Webster.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Seen a woman get tossed and when she was leaving she called him a p_ _ _ _ and gave him a tampon

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

itsme wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:55 pm Seen a woman get tossed and when she was leaving she called him a p_ _ _ _ and gave him a tampon
Hahaha Now that's Funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

4thgoal wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:49 am In the early 1900's some basketball games were played in "cages" to keep fans from throwing stuff at the players and to keep fans off the court

I never knew that until jottings told me. He would always post cage

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Mlittle, dani, big daddy, or anyone else that may have been at the Adena-Unioto game -

Did any of you see what happened on the fan ejection with about 2 minutes to play? We had zero clue what was happening as we were going to the line. Someone said a water bottle was thrown, but we seen none of it.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:57 am Mlittle, dani, big daddy, or anyone else that may have been at the Adena-Unioto game -

Did any of you see what happened on the fan ejection with about 2 minutes to play? We had zero clue what was happening as we were going to the line. Someone said a water bottle was thrown, but we seen none of it.
Yes an older gentleman got upset with a call and threw his water all over some Unioto fans sitting in front of him.

Our gym isn’t the biggest so unfortunately we have fans sitting in both sides and those things tend to happen

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

mlittle wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:26 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:57 am Mlittle, dani, big daddy, or anyone else that may have been at the Adena-Unioto game -

Yes an older gentleman got upset with a call and threw his water all over some Unioto fans sitting in front of him.

Our gym isn’t the biggest so unfortunately we have fans sitting in both sides and those things tend to happen
Grandfather of Adena player not mentioning his name
got a [ Little ] pissed I know him He usually dosen't get that way :lol: :o

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:58 am

So what we heard was correct. I don't think I have ever seen a "swarm" like that before. :lol: :lol:

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:14 am
Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:58 am

So what we heard was correct. I don't think I have ever seen a "swarm" like that before. :lol: :lol:
It could have Gotten Really BAD :lol: :lol:
Feel sorry for Him just wanted a call against A certain { LITTLE } player :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

Back when my boy played I got thrown out of every game he played in. That's from youth league all the way through jr high. He never got to play in high school, cause he got too old. But he played 5 years of 8th grade ball so that was enough. If he'd have made it to high school I probably would have been in jail a lot cause all them high school refs cheat against the big fellas.

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

Wings Teaford wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:37 pm Back when my boy played I got thrown out of every game he played in. That's from youth league all the way through jr high. He never got to play in high school, cause he got too old. But he played 5 years of 8th grade ball so that was enough. If he'd have made it to high school I probably would have been in jail a lot cause all them high school refs cheat against the big fellas.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

I know that many of you get on here and make up little funny things about ejections and all in good humor. Realize that some on here are telling the truth about getting ejected. Please ask yourself how does this make my son/daughter feel when this happens? The answer that many of you will get is, embarrassed or your son/daughter not wanting you to come. I had a player on a SHAC team whose dad got thrown out of a game I was involved in years ago for inappropriate language. The young man came up to me and said, "that was my dad and he gets kicked out of many ballgames". I found that to be a very embarrassing and experience that that young man would take with him forever. You could tell it really bothered him. I said to him,"I'm sorry but you keep playing hard and try not to think about it." The young man came back up to me toward the end of the game, during free throws being shot and shook my hand and said, "I'm sorry that my dad acts that way". Again, some of you who regularly go to games and act like this should ask yourself, "how does this make my son/daughter look and or feel? You might just get an answer that you don't really want to hear.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:54 am I know that many of you get on here and make up little funny things about ejections and all in good humor. Realize that some on here are telling the truth about getting ejected. Please ask yourself how does this make my son/daughter feel when this happens? The answer that many of you will get is, embarrassed or your son/daughter not wanting you to come. I had a player on a SHAC team whose dad got thrown out of a game I was involved in years ago for inappropriate language. The young man came up to me and said, "that was my dad and he gets kicked out of many ballgames". I found that to be a very embarrassing and experience that that young man would take with him forever. You could tell it really bothered him. I said to him,"I'm sorry but you keep playing hard and try not to think about it." The young man came back up to me toward the end of the game, during free throws being shot and shook my hand and said, "I'm sorry that my dad acts that way". Again, some of you who regularly go to games and act like this should ask yourself, "how does this make my son/daughter look and or feel? You might just get an answer that you don't really want to hear.
The two stories I told the kids were mortified. One was a co stent and you felt horrible but the other one was a banty rooster moment that while ridiculous then had no ill effects otherwise.

Most that get tossed are the regulars and odds are crappy parents for their kids mental psyche

Return to “Boys Basketball”