Almost NASCAR season

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Almost NASCAR season

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Ready to watch some racing this weekend and then the 500 next weekend. Who’s everyone rooting for

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford. You know what they say Ford stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.
Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Re: Almost NASCAR season

Chase Elliott is my driver now since Bobby Labonte retires. Mainly because I remember Bill racing and it is a name I’m familiar with. Chase pretty much became my driver when he was in xfinity series still. Miss watching Bobby race though. He might not have one a race in over a decade but he was still my driver. Feels weird cheering for Hendrick team now after liking Gibbs teams for so long but I won’t cheer for Kyle Busch or Toyota.

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford. You know what they say Ford stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.
Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Busch Clash entry list
#1 Kurt Busch
#2 Brad Keselowski
#3 Austin Dillon
#4 Kevin Harvick
#6 Ryan Newman
#9 Chase Elliott
#10 Aric Almirola
#11 Denny Hamlin
#12 Ryan Blaney
#14 Clint Bowyer
#18 Kyle Busch
#19 Martin Truex Jr
#20 Erik Jones
#22 Joey Logano
#24 William Byron
#42 Kyle Larson
#48 Jimmie Johnson
#88 Alex Bowman

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

C3098542-8EAF-4A1F-A920-348C37952A76.jpeg
And the 20 car of Erik Jones wins the clash. Yes, the 20 that’s wrecked right there won

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good pic, Rusty. I use to be a big Dale Jarrett fan, and watched NASCAR all the time back in the day. When he hung it up I don't watch it so much anymore. I don't like some of the changes NASCAR has made either. Race-un just isn't the same like it use to be, IMO. Question. I've been out of it too long. Why isn't Dodge racing? Fords, Chevy's, and rice burning Toyotas! :roll: :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I’m a Jimmie Johnson fan but this is his last season

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

NASCAR has changed a ton over the last 10 years.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

It sure has.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Rowdy Busch can flat drive the wheels off a race car. Don’t matter what’s under the hood or what team makes it go fast. If he’s behind the wheel my money is on him.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Kyle Busch can drive but still 90% of the time he speaks he makes me want to punch him in the face.

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Bulldog84 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:44 pm NASCAR has changed a ton over the last 10 years.
It has. I don’t care for the stages or the playoffs or anything like that. Stages wouldn’t be horrible if they didn’t throw a caution for it, but I say they throw it because sponsors want that tv time. Ever notice since they started having stage breaks there’s a lot less “debris” cautions? But NASCAR is one of the sports I’ve grown up watching and it’s hard to stop. I mean heck, if I quit watching a sport because they keep changing rules how long ago would I have quit watching football and basketball

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Rusty Shackleford wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:45 am
Bulldog84 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:44 pm NASCAR has changed a ton over the last 10 years.
It has. I don’t care for the stages or the playoffs or anything like that. Stages wouldn’t be horrible if they didn’t throw a caution for it, but I say they throw it because sponsors want that tv time. Ever notice since they started having stage breaks there’s a lot less “debris” cautions? But NASCAR is one of the sports I’ve grown up watching and it’s hard to stop. I mean heck, if I quit watching a sport because they keep changing rules how long ago would I have quit watching football and basketball
Football and basketball don't have combustion engines. :lol: Race-un an automobile around a track just isn't the same no more for me. The restrictor plates was just the beginning of many changes that did it for me. I know it's a safety thing but a chance them drivers take. I watch more drag racing anymore. Rusty, why doesn't Dodge race no more? Them Chargers or Challengers would look good on the track. Dodge needs to race again.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree trench, I like quarter mile racing better. Nascar just too boring most of the race, doesn't get interesting until the final laps. Since Dale or Rusty hasn't answered your question yet I will take a stab and say it has something to do with money.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

What I figured.

After all, it was Marchionne who in 2012 made the decision to pull the plug on NASCAR, leaving the Sprint Cup series with just three manufacturers: Chevrolet, Ford, and Toyota. He said during that press conference that, at the time, he was trying to balance the books at Chrysler and NASCAR was an expense he could not justify. That said, Dodge had only a two-car team with Roger Penske, and won the season championship with Brad Keselowski.

Dodge had a deal with Andretti Autosport to take over Dodge in 2013, but that stalled with Marchionne’s final decision

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Thanks, Bolt. What a crock. Should have known it was $$$$. :roll: I tried to look it up myself. :lol: The ones that did open just set there. :lol: Couldn't scroll down or nothing to read anything. :lol: Semi lock up. Curser/pointer moved freely though, but nothing responding on those sites I found. :(

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Dang rain

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

There were actually a few small teams who ran dodge still, but once rules changed again they had to quit using them because they were older cars. Every I heard was it was dodge that wanted out because of the cost. Sorry didn’t see the question. I’ve been fighting some kind of bug the last few weeks and pretty much felt like death.

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

cbolt wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:22 pm I agree trench, I like quarter mile racing better. Nascar just too boring most of the race, doesn't get interesting until the final laps. Since Dale or Rusty hasn't answered your question yet I will take a stab and say it has something to do with money.
I don’t agree that it’s boring, I just think people have shorter attention span now days. I mean I love a good short track race as much as the next person, but I also like just sitting for three maybe four hours having scanners going and watching a NASCAR race. Drag racing I’ve never really been into watching. Not really sure why. I’ll watch it but I don’t make plans around watching NHRA like I do NASCAR.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I like those quarter mile drag boats as well. Don't get to see them on TV enough though. Only show them every so often. Anyone else?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hopefully Newman is ok. That’s a horrible crash

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”