Chillicothe 68 Jackson 49 a final ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Chillicothe 68 Jackson 49 a final ...

Post by pfloyd »

Chillicothe 68
Jackson 49 a final

... my #1 Chillicothe Cavaliers vs my #2 Jackson Ironmen ... D1 vs D2 ... both teams came into this one playing their best hoops of the season ... I've had the pleasure of catching the Cavs 3 of their last 4 games ... @ Logan, @ Warren, missed the dismantling of Miami Trace Tuesday night - Chilli is simply the best in SEOhio this season - defensively able to stay in front of the offense at every position, the size/length to be BIG inside the paint when needed, while being quick enough to not allow penetration on the perimeter ... it's a thing of beauty to watch ... offensively the Cavs have 3 offensive threats in Jayvon Maughmer, Brandon Noel, Tre' Beard - all three are 20 ppg scorers if needed, ADD to the mix double digit scorers in Vincent Roper/Kamron Smith - was talking to Coach Beard of CHS before the game - told him that last week vs Logan and Warren the Cavs played complete games, could not have played much better - Maughmer/Beard/Noel scored on average 59 ppg between them in those 2 contests ... defensively giving up but 40 ppg ... I also said that as good as the Cavs played in those 2 games they left 18 points off the scoreboard ! - Smith/Roper did not contribute offensively - BOTH CAN - but neither did ... tonight? Roper 8 points/Smith 2 points ... Maughmer/Noel offensively are playing "next level" - Maughmer at 6-6 can't be defended - he has the size to elevate in the paint , hits the 3 ball, runs the floor in transition ... Noel is the strongest big man in SEO - he gets the ball on the blocks, he is unstoppable ... he finishes ABOVE the rim (3 dunks) , great footwork, runs the floor in transition, finishes ... and it's unfair that he can step out and hit the 3 ball ... Tre Beard makes it all work - handles the ball, hits the downtown 3 ball ... penetrates and defends ...

... the game itself tonight was all Chillicothe ... Cavs 17-10 after one, Cavs 34-21 at intermission, Cavs 54 - 36 after 3 , Chillicothe 68 Jackson 49 a final ... the game looked exactly like the Cavs vs Logan, the Cavs vs Warren ... defense that stopped whatever the opposition attempted to do , offensively being able to do whatever the Cavs wanted - to get inside (20 fgs/40 points in the paint)/ outside (7/16 from behind the arc)/ turned the opponent over and scored in transition (forced 13 TOs scored 10 fgs/20 points in transition) ... Jackson had highlights ! Drew Bragg was outstanding tonight ! 14 points including 2 treys ... DB played an outstanding game ... Caleb Wallis was Caleb Wallis (22 points/2 treys) ... due to the next level D that the Cavs are playing - the rest of the Ironmen struggled to get shots-contributing 13 points total on the night ... nothing to hang their heads about - the Ironmen played out the game giving their usual 100% as expected - just not the usual SE District foe in the Chillicothe Cavaliers ... Chillicothe 68 Jackson 49 a final

... Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Jackson

Scoring ... Caleb Wallis 22, Drew Bragg 14, Braxton Hammond 6, Boston Kuhn 3, Evan Spires 2, Jacob Winter 2
3 Pointers ... 5/17 ... Caleb Wallis 2, Drew Bragg 2, Boston Kuhn 1
FTs ....... 6/6
TOs ..... 13
PnP ..... 13 fgs/ 26 points in the paint
PnT ..... 4 fgs/8 point in transition
PBck .... 2 fgs/4 points on putback buckets

... Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Chillicothe

Scoring ..... Jayvon Maughmer 24, Brandon Noel 20, Tre Beard 9, Vincent Roper 8, Eli Taylor 3, Kamron Smith 2, Courtland Duncan 2
3 Pointers .... 7/16 .... Jayvon Maughmer 3, Tre Beard 2, Brandon Noel 1, Eli Taylor 1
FTs ......... 5/9
TOs ........ 10
PnP ....... 20 fgs/ 40 points in the paint
PnT ...... 10 fgs/ 20 points in transition
Pbck ...... 1 fg/ 2 points on putback buckets
Dunks ...... 4 ... Brandon Noel 3, Jayvon Maughmer 1

... always good to visit the Hat to take in the Cavs of Coach Huffer/Coach Beard ... a good crowd tonight ! including the Logan Elm coaching staff ... I92 was in the house as usual to take in the Ironmen ... great to meet JackieMoon ! thanks for introducing yourself ... Coach Wallis always good to say hello thanks for stopping by the Cheap Seats, Coach Beard - I'll keep working on that new contract ! ... the officiating crew of Throckmorton, Nichols, Hiles (I believe) did an excellent job ...always good to meet up with Dan Morrow - Coach Morrow’s father ... the Cavs still have McClain left on their schedule while the Ironmen have to regroup and take on the Athens Bulldogs Friday night to finish out the regular season ... pfloyd wishes nothing but the best for both my #1 Cavs and my #2 Ironmen as they head into the post season ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Chillicothe 68 Jackson 49 a final ...

Post by Ironman92 »

Good rundown as always

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Who has best chance of getting to regionals in D-2. I know it’s a stacked deck.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Great rundown as usual Pfloyd.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

E High wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:38 am Who has best chance of getting to regionals in D-2. I know it’s a stacked deck.
Best odds you'd have to think the 1 or 2 seed, which is Fairfield Union and Jackson.

If Fairfield Union is healthy then I'd give them the slight edge over Jackson.

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Boys Basketball”