2020 SVC POY

mlittle
SEOP

Re: 2020 SVC POY

Post by mlittle »

svc_guy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:22 pm I think almost everyone could not get on board with Unioto winning this many games because in the past they have been driven by high powered offense and athletes. For Hoops to flip the switch this year and make the teams identity defensive is imo his best coaching job yet. I ha e seen them 5 times this year and each game has been the same script. Their offense is also evolving as of late which is bad news for their tournament opponent. I am on board with Little being a leading candidate next year but he was not required nor did he dominate teams as cam did. They win games due to their smothering defense and depth. As not to say he isn’t a first team kid this year just I think cam gets the nod. However, I have learned to never be surprised by league votes so it is possible. Good luck to the U. I think they can go to the regionals with this team.
Another question and I’m not being facetious. If you think Evans is required to dominate games and Little isn’t are you saying that Evans has less talent around him?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mlittle wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:58 pm
svc_guy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:22 pm I think almost everyone could not get on board with Unioto winning this many games because in the past they have been driven by high powered offense and athletes. For Hoops to flip the switch this year and make the teams identity defensive is imo his best coaching job yet. I ha e seen them 5 times this year and each game has been the same script. Their offense is also evolving as of late which is bad news for their tournament opponent. I am on board with Little being a leading candidate next year but he was not required nor did he dominate teams as cam did. They win games due to their smothering defense and depth. As not to say he isn’t a first team kid this year just I think cam gets the nod. However, I have learned to never be surprised by league votes so it is possible. Good luck to the U. I think they can go to the regionals with this team.
Another question and I’m not being facetious. If you think Evans is required to dominate games and Little isn’t are you saying that Evans has less talent around him?
I’ll answer it for you. They don’t have less talent and our defense isn’t that much better than theirs. They allow 3 more points per game than we do. Pretty smothering if you ask me. Evans doesn’t have to dominate teams any more than Little does. They dominate in different styles. One scores and one does everything else, and scores. I’m sure if Hoops was really that concerned with Little scoring he’d leave him in games late in blow outs when the other starters are on the bench.

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

KRS wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:11 pm After watching Evans again tonight, I believe he will repeat as POY. He is just different. Not sure what his totals were this evening but it was impressive and did it in under 3 quarters of play. Thank goodness.
Totally agree. Cam Evans is easily the POY. He just doesn’t have a daddy lobbying for him on here nearly every hour. I’m all for supporting your son but I’ve never seen a person lobby for his son more than little.

If Cam doesn’t get POY then it will be a joke.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Spartan12 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:14 am
KRS wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:11 pm After watching Evans again tonight, I believe he will repeat as POY. He is just different. Not sure what his totals were this evening but it was impressive and did it in under 3 quarters of play. Thank goodness.
Totally agree. Cam Evans is easily the POY. He just doesn’t have a daddy lobbying for him on here nearly every hour. I’m all for supporting your son but I’ve never seen a person lobby for his son more than little.

Why does it matter who is lobbying for him if he’s deserving? Get over it bro.

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:16 am

Omg! It took you 2 minutes to respond ! Lmao. Good night bro!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I’m still waiting for someone to actually make a reasonable argument other than “he scores more points” or “he’s different” someone tell me why I’m wrong. Best player, best team, and before injury led in almost every statistical category 🤷‍♂️

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Spartan12 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:19 am

I’m here all night. Been waiting for this all year. I’ll take my medicine when I have to but right now I’m serving crow for supper and y’all better eat up

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Spartan12 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:19 am

Sorry it took 2 minutes. Would’ve been sooner but I was texting all the players and coaches congratulations on winning a league title that no one gave them a chance at winning

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Goodnight everyone. I’ll be back on in the morning to answer any questions

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

mlittle wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:22 am

I’m still waiting for someone to actually make a reasonable argument other than “he scores more points” or “he’s different” someone tell me why I’m wrong. Best player, best team, and before injury led in almost every statistical category 🤷‍♂️
I watched 2 of the top 3 the last two weekends against the same team and formed my opinion. Just because I say a kid is "different" doesn't mean I am saying the others are not any good. IMO Evans is just on another level than Little or Bennett. I just gave my opinion and answered the question in the header, which means very little in the grand scheme of things. Evans is the best player on the best team, there is no question in my mind who the best team or player is. Seems like others may have a difference in opinion, which is fine. It will all be worked out next week and you guys may be correct. Who knows who the coaches will select as POY? We will have to wait and see. - A lot of times coaches try to honor as many kids as possible and a CO- poy would not be the most shocking thing that has happened this year. Best of luck to all the SVC teams in the post season.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

KRS wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:03 am
mlittle wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:22 am

I watched 2 of the top 3 the last two weekends against the same team and formed my opinion. Just because I say a kid is "different" doesn't mean I am saying the others are not any good. IMO Evans is just on another level than Little or Bennett. I just gave my opinion and answered the question in the header, which means very little in the grand scheme of things. Evans is the best player on the best team, there is no question in my mind who the best team or player is. Seems like others may have a difference in opinion, which is fine. It will all be worked out next week and you guys may be correct. Who knows who the coaches will select as POY? We will have to wait and see. - A lot of times coaches try to honor as many kids as possible and a CO- poy would not be the most shocking thing that has happened this year. Best of luck to all the SVC teams in the post season.
I think we are splitting hairs with who the best team is and I understand your view and others in here. I’m sure Cam will get player of the year and deservingly so. He’s been awesome for the league the last 2 seasons. We’ve had an unforgettable season and that’s honestly enough for all of us I’m sure.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Just FYI. If Adena has won the league or split I’d be making the same argument for Bennett. He’s pretty dang good too.

Nipgencounty
Freshman Team

Post by Nipgencounty »

Anybody on here think that Little should receive MVP other than Daddy??

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Nipgencounty wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:22 am Anybody on here think that Little should receive MVP other than Daddy??
I’m the only support he needs and can honestly and confidently say I speak for most people on this forum

Nipgencounty
Freshman Team

Post by Nipgencounty »

Fair enough.

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

Not saying anything negative about anyone, but POY in the SVC is not up for debate. Maybe it is on this forum, but will not be, and should not be in the minds of coaches. Isaac Little is a really nice player and Unioto had an incredible year! Little certainly is 2nd in the voting, as he should be!
There are certain players that when you watch them, they look different. Cam Evans is one of those players. Not only does he pass the eye test, but he does what is necessary for his team to win! He honestly, makes the game look easy, when it certainly is not always that way. If the game calls for it he is able to distribute to teammates for his team to be successful, and is able to do this better than anyone else in our league. If he needs to, he scores for his team to be successful, and does this better than anyone else in our league. If he needs to, he runs the point and controls the tempo of the game, and does this better than anyone else in our league. He can rebound, he can shoot it, and then list goes on and on. Cam Evans does what is required of him for his team to be successful, accepts that role for that night, and is still the best player on the floor! Again, he just passes the eye test as the most complete player in our conference.
Again, not saying the Little, Bennett, Nesser, or anyone else in our league are not great players and fun to watch, because they are, but they are different players than Cam Evans.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

BudLytle wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:50 am Not saying anything negative about anyone, but POY in the SVC is not up for debate. Maybe it is on this forum, but will not be, and should not be in the minds of coaches. Isaac Little is a really nice player and Unioto had an incredible year! Little certainly is 2nd in the voting, as he should be!
There are certain players that when you watch them, they look different. Cam Evans is one of those players. Not only does he pass the eye test, but he does what is necessary for his team to win! He honestly, makes the game look easy, when it certainly is not always that way. If the game calls for it he is able to distribute to teammates for his team to be successful, and is able to do this better than anyone else in our league. If he needs to, he scores for his team to be successful, and does this better than anyone else in our league. If he needs to, he runs the point and controls the tempo of the game, and does this better than anyone else in our league. He can rebound, he can shoot it, and then list goes on and on. Cam Evans does what is required of him for his team to be successful, accepts that role for that night, and is still the best player on the floor! Again, he just passes the eye test as the most complete player in our conference.
Again, not saying the Little, Bennett, Nesser, or anyone else in our league are not great players and fun to watch, because they are, but they are different players than Cam Evans.
Very good post. Thank you!

Quick question. Would you put chandler into that last spot on the all league first team?

Nipgencounty
Freshman Team

Post by Nipgencounty »

BudLytle wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:50 am Not saying anything negative about anyone, but POY in the SVC is not up for debate. Maybe it is on this forum, but will not be, and should not be in the minds of coaches. Isaac Little is a really nice player and Unioto had an incredible year! Little certainly is 2nd in the voting, as he should be!
Very well said.

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

Ultimately I would live to see Beeler there, but mostly because he has grown into a great young man and is a tremendous athlete, but realistically and with an unbiased opinion, I dont think you can put him there.

In saying that, with the success Piketon has had this year, and the type of year he has had, I believe that Chandler truly does belong on 1st team!

I believe that outside of Little, Unioto is to balanced to get a 2nd 1st steamer, and beyond that I dont think any other team had enough team success for anyone else to be there!

Not saying he gets it by default because I believe he 100% deserves to be there, just walking through scenarios that coaches might use to not put him there!

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

I think Unioto gets 3 or 4... Little, Wheeler, Debord, Lambert

ZT gets 3 or 4... Evan's, Nesser, Swain, Davidson
(I know with 4 each that is over half of the all league spots, but neither lost to anyone else in the league so how can you argue)

The big question for me is with 3 league wins does Paint Valley get Newland and Grubb... I honestly believe they are both deserving, but do the coaches look at league record and not give them votes because of that?

Return to “Boys Basketball”