Paint Valley Bearcats Football 2020

Rattlesnake19
Waterboy

Re: Paint Valley Football Coach

Post by Rattlesnake19 »

I agree. Give coach Dye a chance and see how he does. I guarantee he is coming to win. I know he will bump up the weight room and the off season training. I believe he is full aware of the tradition at PV and will do nothing to harm that.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Has the new coach names is staff yet?

Nipgencounty
Freshman Team

Post by Nipgencounty »

If he's smart. He'll keep Brian Cooper.

Rattlesnake19
Waterboy

Post by Rattlesnake19 »

I have heard he is bring Johny Enochs from WCH and Alan Preston from Miami Trace with him. I saw them at the coaching clinic together in Columbus this weekend.

2pvfballers
Waterboy

Post by 2pvfballers »

Lol. That’s all I can say. Get your popcorn folks.

Rattlesnake19
Waterboy

Post by Rattlesnake19 »

2pvfballers wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:09 pm Lol. That’s all I can say. Get your popcorn folks.

You eat a lot of popcorn when you win or is it when you complain?

2pvfballers
Waterboy

Post by 2pvfballers »

Mostly when I’m doing fact checks. Which is something the hiring committee clearly didn’t do. Like the fact that of those 36 wins that Dye has in 7 seasons, only 4 were against an opponent with a record above .500. Or the fact that while Preston was head coach at Huntington, he had an impressive 6-34 record in 4 seasons. It’s honestly 2 dynamite hires right there! And I’ll just allow you to research Enochs on your own. I’m also going to be at the concession stand getting my popcorn at the end of the Adena game when PV is sitting 1-3 because they lost to Marion Pleasant, Newark Catholic and Adena, just so I can see how warm those “open arms” are! I hope I’m wrong. I really do.

Rattlesnake19
Waterboy

Post by Rattlesnake19 »

2pvfballers wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:45 am Mostly when I’m doing fact checks. Which is something the hiring committee clearly didn’t do. Like the fact that of those 36 wins that Dye has in 7 seasons, only 4 were against an opponent with a record above .500. Or the fact that while Preston was head coach at Huntington, he had an impressive 6-34 record in 4 seasons. It’s honestly 2 dynamite hires right there! And I’ll just allow you to research Enochs on your own. I’m also going to be at the concession stand getting my popcorn at the end of the Adena game when PV is sitting 1-3 because they lost to Marion Pleasant, Newark Catholic and Adena, just so I can see how warm those “open arms” are! I hope I’m wrong. I really do.
I guess you have it figured out then on all three coaches. Cory has no business coaching at PV he will destroy the culture there. Johnny is terrible even though he won I don't know how many games as the defensive coordinator at Miami Trace, your right he would be a terrible assistant. Preston was an idiot and took the worst job in your league and now that Keller has taken over and I bet if you asked him it's alot harder than he thought. So I guess Preston is out because of the bone head decision he made.
It sounds like you have issues with coaches in the FAC lets talk about Penwell at Adena then. I remember watching Johnny, Cory and yes Preston Kicking his ass when he was D-Coordinator at Greenfield. I understand that people in your community might be upset but I dont think you should bash coaches that just want to be a part of you team and help out.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

2pvfballers wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:45 am Mostly when I’m doing fact checks. Which is something the hiring committee clearly didn’t do. Like the fact that of those 36 wins that Dye has in 7 seasons, only 4 were against an opponent with a record above .500. Or the fact that while Preston was head coach at Huntington, he had an impressive 6-34 record in 4 seasons. It’s honestly 2 dynamite hires right there! And I’ll just allow you to research Enochs on your own. I’m also going to be at the concession stand getting my popcorn at the end of the Adena game when PV is sitting 1-3 because they lost to Marion Pleasant, Newark Catholic and Adena, just so I can see how warm those “open arms” are! I hope I’m wrong. I really do.
MP, NC, and Adena are 3 games they lose no matter who is coaching.

2pvfballers
Waterboy

Post by 2pvfballers »

I’m stating facts to educate the folks who are saying there needed to be a change at Paint Valley. Making change just for the sake of making changes doesn’t make sense to me. Maybe I’m wrong. And as previously stated, I hope I am. But when you take a culture rich with a winning history, and you have a coach that has been involved in that program, why does he not deserve the opportunity to take over? That’s my biggest concern. Why shake up the kids that have been in the program and are a custom to the way Brian Cooper did things and change that way of life for no apparent good reason. You don’t change the wipers on your car if the motor goes out... so what good can possibly come of hiring an outsider to replace someone that could have easily been replaced by a guy in his tutelage? It’s baffling.

Rattlesnake19
Waterboy

Post by Rattlesnake19 »

I see where your coming from and I wish you guys the best in the transition.

Nipgencounty
Freshman Team

Re: Paint Valley Bearcats Football 2020

Post by Nipgencounty »

PV win ceiling at 6. At best.

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

Nipgencounty wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:34 pm PV win ceiling at 6. At best.
l
On paper a fan would probably agree with your 6 win prediction, however I think that the O line and D line will be improved over last year and will somewhat offset the loss of good skill players. I think this team will win at least 7 games.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I have in from a solid source that Coach Cooper will be the defensive Coordinator.

Redstreak108mike
Waterboy

Post by Redstreak108mike »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:56 pm I have in from a solid source that Coach Cooper will be the defensive Coordinator.
Pv has to score 40 every game again to win
Last edited by Redstreak108mike on Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Redstreak108mike wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:23 am
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:56 pm I have in from a solid source that Coach Cooper will be the defensive Coordinator.
I doubt that. I won't dare to make a prediction on how they will be, until I get to see the offense they are running. Plus numbers will be a question mark in my mind, with such a huge change it can enhance or decrease them. Then you have to add into the equation the league has had major changes as far as coaching goes and that will play a huge part in things.

luvtlm
Riding the Bench

Post by luvtlm »

Redstreak108mike wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:23 am
Do you think that it would be possible when stating an opinion that involves provable facts that you could do research before throwing the numbers out there? By using the word "again" you are insinuating that the offense had to score 40 a game last year to overcome a defense that gave up 39 a game.
Truth is that if you will go back an look you would be wrong about the defense 9 of 11 games and incorrect about the scoring of the offense 7 of 11.
The defense gave up an average of less than 20 points per game while the offense averaged a little better then 36 a game.
You are also talking about a defense that gave up the second fewest point scored by Adena (14) & the fewest points scored by Unioto (7) along with 3 shutouts and a total of 7 games were the points allowed were 21 or less.
And before you speculate, no this is not Brian Cooper or family of Brian Cooper. Just someone who looked at the facts and needed to point out that your post was worded incorrectly and your ax grinding stone is soft.

Nipgencounty
Freshman Team

Post by Nipgencounty »

Cooper is staying at D Coordinator. He's a better man than me.

2pvfballers
Waterboy

Post by 2pvfballers »

If Cory uses the same offensive scheme he used before, he likes the wing-t and run the jet sweep and misdirection. Boot legs and the deep pass.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

The wing T is fun if you have a magician at QB and overall good team speed.
I hope PV will not go to that offense.

Return to “Football”