Federal Hocking TVC Hocking champs

JC2124
Varsity

Federal Hocking TVC Hocking champs

Post by JC2124 »

Congrats to the Lancers! They have worked their tails off.

3sUp
Varsity

Re: Federal Hocking TVC Hocking champs

Post by 3sUp »

Congrats! Great turnaround these last couple years

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

It is now official. Been a long time since the crown went to the Lancers, congratulations to the young men that made this happen and congratulations to Coach Thompson for getting these boys to buy into what you wanted to do. It would not have happened without them, and your coaching staff, sharing the same vision and going out there and getting the wins the way that you all wanted them!

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congrats.

Scottyboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Scottyboy »

Congratulations to the Lancers. I'm going to go ahead a make a prediction.......I think Coach Thompson wins coach of the year and Bradley Russell wins player of the year. Both are very deserving.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

A lot of doubters going into this year. I’m proud of the kids. They have played their butts off. Big congrats to the coaching staff. They made the kids believe and made it happen

25p7692
Waterboy

Post by 25p7692 »

Congratulations

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I'm late as usual ... congratulations to the Lancers of Coach Thompson on winning the TVC Hocking ... great to see a TEAM make such great strides over the last 2 seasons - all the way to the top ... well done Coach Thompson & staff - pfloyd ... on a side note - thank you to the Federal Hocking school community , the Fed Hock AD - Kirby Seeger, JC2124 , parents of the FH players - Mr. Smith ... so glad that I have made the trip to Stewart multiple times this season - thank you for making me feel right at home - pfloyd ...

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:02 pm I'm late as usual ... congratulations to the Lancers of Coach Thompson on winning the TVC Hocking ... great to see a TEAM make such great strides over the last 2 seasons - all the way to the top ... well done Coach Thompson & staff - pfloyd ... on a side note - thank you to the Federal Hocking school community , the Fed Hock AD - Kirby Seeger, JC2124 , parents of the FH players - Mr. Smith ... so glad that I have made the trip to Stewart multiple times this season - thank you for making me feel right at home - pfloyd ...
Thank you Pfloyd! It’s been a great year and we appreciate the coverage. The Lancer faithful had this year circled as the year we made the turn. I’m not sure anyone thought it would be 18-4 but we knew we would be in contention. We will have a solid group with 7 seniors next year as well. Looks like we may be moving to DIII. That’s a different animal and we need to step up our non conference schedule. With Wahama and Miller leaving that’s 4 more games to schedule. I’ve always thought playing a 16 game league schedule has hurt the TVC Hocking teams come tournament time. Would love to see Fort Frye added. They would make our league better in every sport!

rc1129
Riding the Bench

Post by rc1129 »

JC2124 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:29 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:02 pm I'm late as usual ... congratulations to the Lancers of Coach Thompson on winning the TVC Hocking ... great to see a TEAM make such great strides over the last 2 seasons - all the way to the top ... well done Coach Thompson & staff - pfloyd ... on a side note - thank you to the Federal Hocking school community , the Fed Hock AD - Kirby Seeger, JC2124 , parents of the FH players - Mr. Smith ... so glad that I have made the trip to Stewart multiple times this season - thank you for making me feel right at home - pfloyd ...
Thank you Pfloyd! It’s been a great year and we appreciate the coverage. The Lancer faithful had this year circled as the year we made the turn. I’m not sure anyone thought it would be 18-4 but we knew we would be in contention. We will have a solid group with 7 seniors next year as well. Looks like we may be moving to DIII. That’s a different animal and we need to step up our non conference schedule. With Wahama and Miller leaving that’s 4 more games to schedule. I’ve always thought playing a 16 game league schedule has hurt the TVC Hocking teams come tournament time. Would love to see Fort Frye added. They would make our league better in every sport!
There’s no reason for Fort Frye to not be in the league now. I’d say it’s going to happen soon

dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

rc1129 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:51 pm
There’s no reason for Fort Frye to not be in the league now. I’d say it’s going to happen soon

should be a good battle next year between SG and Fed Hocking.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

dcgjones wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:27 am
rc1129 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:51 pm

should be a good battle next year between SG and Fed Hocking.
Yes i think South Gallia will be pretty good. They remind me of FH last year. Long and athletic kids that can jump

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Curious to see if Fed can repeat or at least challenge for the title next year. If they can then I will be convinced they have arrived. Until then, just a one hit wonder!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:15 pm Curious to see if Fed can repeat or at least challenge for the title next year. If they can then I will be convinced they have arrived. Until then, just a one hit wonder!
They start 4 juniors this year and have 8 on the roster. They will have really good depth and size next year. They have an incoming freshman that’s gonna be special.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

JC2124 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:58 pm
Bulldog84 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:15 pm Curious to see if Fed can repeat or at least challenge for the title next year. If they can then I will be convinced they have arrived. Until then, just a one hit wonder!
They start 4 juniors this year and have 8 on the roster. They will have really good depth and size next year. They have an incoming freshman that’s gonna be special.
I have heard about a kid in junior high that is supposedly a beast. I am anxious to see the kid. What grade is the Cottril kid in or is he the one your talking about.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:36 pm
I have heard about a kid in junior high that is supposedly a beast. I am anxious to see the kid. What grade is the Cottril kid in or is he the one your talking about.
Tariq will be a freshman. Andrew Airhart is the kid I’m referring to. Tariq is gonna be a really good one too. He has to grow and get stronger but those two are really good together. Fed Hock basketball is gonna be in good shape moving forward.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

JC2124 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:42 pm

Tariq will be a freshman. Andrew Airhart is the kid I’m referring to. Tariq is gonna be a really good one too. He has to grow and get stronger but those two are really good together. Fed Hock basketball is gonna be in good shape moving forward.
Good to hear, competition is always good.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:23 pm

I understand why folks are skeptical. No one believed they could win the league this year. The talent has been down and the constant turnover of coaching has hurt the program. Next year will be the third year for Coach Thompson. He really has done a great job and I believe it’s created the stability that the program needed. I think they will win the league next year as well.

Scottyboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Scottyboy »

JC2124 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:20 pm
Bulldog84 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:23 pm

I understand why folks are skeptical. No one believed they could win the league this year. The talent has been down and the constant turnover of coaching has hurt the program. Next year will be the third year for Coach Thompson. He really has done a great job and I believe it’s created the stability that the program needed. I think they will win the league next year as well.
I agree JC2124, they will win next year as well. Return Jarvis, Smith, Massie, Carpenter and Lucas, all 5 will be seniors. I feel they will be just as good next season as they were this season.

Return to “Boys Basketball”