Jackson vs Logan Elm...Sectional Final

Falcon01
S

Re: Jackson vs Logan Elm...Sectional Final

Post by Falcon01 »

It's not that I'm shocked I was wrong.. I'm way more shocked jackson scored 38 points.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

cubs1984 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:19 pm 15+ ended up being a prtty accurate prediction.
I nailed that 15+ part.......

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Tough matchup for Jackson. Led 12-5 near end of first and then had an unforced turnover and then LE took off with it. Logan Elm only 7 turnovers all game against our defensive pressure and then went 28-31 from the free throw line. Hit 4/8 3’s after the 1st qtr. only 28 field goal attempts for the game and shot I think 43% I heard.

Jackson wasn’t strong in securing the ball in the first half and left some points out there. Shot only 2/15 I think from 3 and just 6/12 on free throws. Couldn’t get under 8 forever and once we did Stiverson used timeouts wisely. We had it down to 5 but 4 straight possessions of 2/2 on free throws and couldn’t close the gap. When we went balls to the wall pressure LE didn’t turn it over and it kept ending in free throws. Ward was 13/14 on free throws but seemed like more. He was excellent.

Tall bald ref was outstanding, great game by him. The younger ref was very good too. Refreshing to see several young refs do good work. Hope they get some Convo games.

Jackson? 20-4 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Record number of wins (tied) for a season. What a fun and thrilling year. Just dismantled some pretty good teams and so many kids stepped up with Mr. Wallis throughout the season. The best Ironmen team I’ve ever watched.

Caleb Wallis...thank you. Go do great things at Rio Grande. It’s been a privilege watching your effort and play.

Caden Donaldson...great career and big season of top notch defense, timely big shots and tremendous hustle and leadership.....my kid is always told to watch you play because that’s the player he needs to be and you do it perfectly 👏👏👏

Griffin Brown....never gave up, kept getting better and better and you peaked your senior year like you are supposed to. This team doesn’t win 20 without you...you made your mark kid.

Pat Henry...your allegiance is unmatched and thanks for all you did for TEAM Ironmen

Coach Morrow, Fulks, Lowe, Wallis, Ervin....thanks for always having our team so ready and all the work you put in. This season won’t be forgotten.

Historic season and program Jackson is legit. Don’t think we won’t be back next year.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Key Napkin Stats:

Logan Elm

28/31 FTs ... took one fg in the 4th qtr... 19/21 in the 4th qtr ...

LE dictated the play of the game at both ends of the floor all 4 quarters...

Jackson made 15 fgs to LEs 12 fgs for the game ...

Jackson 2/4 FTs in the 3rd qtr ... 0 fgs in the 3rd total of 2pts in the 3rd ...

LE ... disciplined, patient... played a complete game ...

Congratulations to LE ! Great season by Jackson! ...

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Looks like Gallia's coach had the seeding right when he voted. Jackson looked like a 6 or 7 seed. Logan Elm was a more complete team. They completely frustrated #3. Jackson benefited from playing in a weak FAC.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

With the one and done the best team does not always win. That’s what makes the tournament so exciting

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

People say the dumbest s h I t on here.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Prep Expert wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:44 pm Looks like Gallia's coach had the seeding right when he voted. Jackson looked like a 6 or 7 seed. Logan Elm was a more complete team. They completely frustrated #3. Jackson benefited from playing in a weak FAC.
I don’t believe this is true. They only had 10 league games. Chillicothe is great. Hillsboro and Miami Trace aren’t terrible. The other 2 - yeah - bad but that’s only 4 games. They played 12 non league games and that schedule was pretty good. Every team is in a league with 4 Easy games. SVC has Huntington and Southeastern and .... SOC2 has West and Northwest and ... OVC has Rock Hill and Portsmouth .... Logan Elm’s league has Circleville and Amanda .... every league has a few teams that are Easy wins for these D2 teams. TVC Ohio wasn’t good at the bottom. Find me a league where this isn’t true.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Just saying that Logan Elm was a better team then Jackson as they proved. Jackson is over seeded every year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Prep Expert wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:00 pm Just saying that Logan Elm was a better team then Jackson as they proved. Jackson is over seeded every year.
Sorry Gary

porkyfan
Waterboy

Post by porkyfan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:10 pm
Prep Expert wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:00 pm Just saying that Logan Elm was a better team then Jackson as they proved. Jackson is over seeded every year.
Sorry Gary
Maybe Jackson next year will only lose by 10

varsity 1000 point club 6th man
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

E High wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:31 pm And people wanted Stiverson out last year. SMH
Only the idiot fringe, led by Braves00, were bashing Coach Stiverson. Most rational Logan Elm fans feel blessed to have one of the top coaching staffs in southern Ohio.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:17 pm Hats off to Coach Stiverson and Logan Elm. They came ready and executed in every way. I hated this matchup and after seeing them hated it even more. A bunch of short quick, disciplined guards that can shoot. Tough to rally in the 4th against kids that can take care of the ball and make free throws. This who even thought about Stiverson needing to go are complete morons. He’s always on my list of top coach when that thread arises and will continue to be.

I’ll be rooting for that team as far as they go. Kids played hard and smart and made big shot after big shot.

Great game by Logan Elm and best of luck the rest of the way. Congrats to the Logan Elm folks.
First class, Ironman92. Congrats to Jackson on an outstanding season. Very good team. Don't let the naysayers get you down. Jackson deserved the second-seed.

Great defense by Logan Elm, led by Jason Sailor, with very good help. Logan Elm was very active, did a good job on the boards and then were very patient on offense. Congrats to the Braves, going back to the Convo for the first time since 2017.
Last edited by bman on Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bman wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:47 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:17 pm Hats off to Coach Stiverson and Logan Elm. They came ready and executed in every way. I hated this matchup and after seeing them hated it even more. A bunch of short quick, disciplined guards that can shoot. Tough to rally in the 4th against kids that can take care of the ball and make free throws. This who even thought about Stiverson needing to go are complete morons. He’s always on my list of top coach when that thread arises and will continue to be.

I’ll be rooting for that team as far as they go. Kids played hard and smart and made big shot after big shot.

Great game by Logan Elm and best of luck the rest of the way. Congrats to the Logan Elm folks.
First class, Ironman92. Congrats to Jackson on an outstanding season. Very good team.
Thank You, I truly meant it.

Braves87
Freshman Team

Post by Braves87 »

Congratulations to my Braves, Coach Stiverson, Holbert and Dropsey! I’ve sat back to gather my thoughts after the game. First of all, Ironman92, you are a true fan to the Jackson program like I am to the LE program and I appreciate the positive words after a tough loss. The Braves did the 3 things they needed to do to get the win against the Ironmen today. Play good defense, eliminate turnovers and hit their free throws. High School Sports are about rooting for your team through good and bad seasons, creating an environment for the kids to learn more than the game of basketball, and being proud of your community which Coach Stiverson does as well as anyone! Now, on to Athens, Lou and Basketball 30!

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

bman wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:45 pm
E High wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:31 pm And people wanted Stiverson out last year. SMH
Only the idiot fringe, led by Braves00, were bashing Coach Stiverson. Most rational Logan Elm fans feel blessed to have one of the top coaching staffs in southern Ohio.
Very well put bman, he's the only one that was calling for Stiverson to be fired

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

This was a great game. Logan elm was discipline , took care of the ball when they were being patient and made the free throws down the stretch. Defensively they were outstanding and frustrated Jackson . Great season for the Ironman . Best of luck to the Braves the rest of the way . Thought it was officiated pretty Lgood. Only a time or two did they almost let it get away from them , which is great considering the games I have watched the last few days at SE

cubs1984
Waterboy

Post by cubs1984 »

Did the 5,6,7,8 just make it to the convo? Geesh.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

cubs1984 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:45 pm Did the 5,6,7,8 just make it to the convo? Geesh.
Yes they did. All solid teams

Irish
Freshman Team

Post by Irish »

D II is a daggone crap shoot. We just never know who will get rolling at tourney time.

Return to “Boys Basketball”