[=== SCORES ===] -- Tuesday Feb-25 -- SEO D-IV Sectional Finals (Updates & Finals)

art_vandelay
SE

Re: [=== SCORES ===] -- Tuesday Feb-25 -- SEO D-IV Sectional Finals (Updates & Finals)

Post by art_vandelay »

Great effort from whiteoak! Survive and advance for NEw Boston. Thanks for the updates Lucas*

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: [=== SCORES ===] -- Tuesday Feb-25 -- SEO D-IV Sectional Finals (Updates & Finals)

Post by VetteMan »

Lucas, great updates as usual. Sounds like you saw a great ballgame. Also, I know how pretty your wife is, Adrian was a little before my time, but I knew Larry and Scott pretty well, plus some other members of the family.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

What a scare for New Boston! Was Whiteoak really that good ? Or was New Boston looking ahead? Or is New Boston not really that good? Guess we will have to wait till Tuesday to find out when they battle Leesburg Fairfield. Win and advance I guess is all that matters. It's a reminder from last year when Meigs nearly upset Burg in the sectional final

Burg grad 85
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:09 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:06 pm Timeout Whiteoak 5:07. Their ball

New Boston 36
Whiteoak 34

Nick Bailey has become my wife’s favorite player
Incredible athlete
Absolutely. I have seen him play 3 times. Fun to watch.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Tonight's game results are updated in the original post.

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Man I was pulling hard for Whiteoak.

As far as new Boston being good or bad. Obviously they are good but certainly not unbeatable. They’ve had several scares this season they were able to overcome. They hit a couple daggers late to get the momentum.

Thought whiteoak had a shot at it on their next to last possession but a full head of steam wasn’t the move

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Dang,Whiteoak played the way they have all year. So close. Chase Clark hit a three and 2 freethrows late to secure it for Glenwood. Almost had three SHAC teams win sectionals tonight . Fairfield took care of business at Wellston, Peebles started out a little rusty first quarter ,then started playing defense. Browning was a little under the weather but toughed out 3 quarters. Finished with reserves. Win or go home time of the year. It's on to the Convo baby!!!!!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Tonight was fun at Northwest. Peebles was the buzz saw.

No shame for Eastern.

Second game - wow. New Boston’s ability to get an easy basket at times was such an advantage. Whiteoak absolutely laid the blueprint tonight but their floor balance after missed shots was a factor in the loss.

Nick Bailey can be on my team anytime.

New Boston .... wow. Clutch at times. That game had heartbreaker written all over it but they took it back and moved on.

The triangle and 2 is tough to play against but if you put the two on the same side or in the post — 2 on 1 and Easy baskets are there for the taking. It’s such a head Game for the other 3 players on the court cause they are open all the time and just takes a while to adjust to. I like putting 4 players down low — 2 each on the blocks and let the point guard (McKinley) play one on one vs the top of the triangle and then run the 2 off staggered screens from the blocks. Think about Voiers coming from the left block to the right corner through a double screen and then Sexton looping from the right block around the lone screener remaining on the left block and catching it in the middle of the lane. When you put all 4 down on the blocks against the Triangle and 2 it forces 4 defenders down there too and they run into each other or it creates so much space for the point.

Oh well. That’s just an old coaches mind.

Survive and Advance.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:04 pm Peebles 48
Eastern 28 2:54. Browning Ruckle and Mills are pretty impressive.
Mills has always played guard. He's a Jr and just learning to play some in the paint.

Return to “Boys Basketball”