Coronavirus: What happens to the season?

petesweaty
All Conference

Re: Coronavirus: What happens to the season?

Post by petesweaty »

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

petesweaty wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:18 am That is what she said dude.

https://www.rt.com/usa/483109-ohio-coro ... esstimate/
I know what she said. She said most people are asymptomatic and that that many people could die WITHOUT ANY MEASURES. That's not what you said in your comments.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:58 pm
longball wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:29 am
25th Street NW wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:41 am I will say this again!
The panic that has been created in this country will hurt more than ANY virus.
This is not the 1918 Flu that killed millions. You know why? Because we are not in 1918, it is 2020!

That Acton lady is retreading her statement from March 10 when she said that 100,000 Ohioians will be infected by next week. When asked she said she was "guesstimating." ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! Talk about inducing PANIC!
Exactly! I posted this to another site, but this is how I feel.. I don't understand the people that are so afraid and want the whole country to be shut down for an extended period of time, while our economy goes to crap! End result, more people will lose their jobs, lose their homes, more kids will go hungry, they won't be able to get proper healthcare.. and so on. Maybe after some of us are out there working on the front lines, risking exposure everyday, we would like to come home and talk a little bit of softball without being attacked for not taking this seriously. Just because some refuse to live in fear doesn't mean we aren't taking this seriously. We have to look at the larger picture here. What would an extended lock down do to our country? I fear the repercussions would be far worse than the damage this virus has done. That's what scares me. And what about self responsibility??? If I'm elderly or immuno-compromised, I would be putting myself in quarantine until this passes. That's why some of us need to be decent human beings and offer to help these high risk people so they can stay home.
Do you seriously not pay any attention to what's happening everywhere in the world?
Yes, and do you realize the purpose of the shut down is to prevent a hospital surge, not eliminate the virus.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

longball wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:49 am
longball wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:29 am

Exactly! I posted this to another site, but this is how I feel.. I don't understand the people that are so afraid and want the whole country to be shut down for an extended period of time, while our economy goes to crap! End result, more people will lose their jobs, lose their homes, more kids will go hungry, they won't be able to get proper healthcare.. and so on. Maybe after some of us are out there working on the front lines, risking exposure everyday, we would like to come home and talk a little bit of softball without being attacked for not taking this seriously. Just because some refuse to live in fear doesn't mean we aren't taking this seriously. We have to look at the larger picture here. What would an extended lock down do to our country? I fear the repercussions would be far worse than the damage this virus has done. That's what scares me. And what about self responsibility??? If I'm elderly or immuno-compromised, I would be putting myself in quarantine until this passes. That's why some of us need to be decent human beings and offer to help these high risk people so they can stay home.
Do you seriously not pay any attention to what's happening everywhere in the world?
Yes, and do you realize the purpose of the shut down is to prevent a hospital surge, not eliminate the virus.
Uh yeah. No crap. Then why are you suggesting we just go about business as usual?

If we could all just stay home for a few weeks, we could flatten the curve we could be able to go about business gradually in a month or two.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Good news is it sounds like the OHSAA may allow for some sort of an abbreviated season.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Sorry but this virus will be here for a very long time. Flattening the curve is a myth. If people would just take care of themselves and quit exposing themselves to others when they are sick then it will calm down, but this virus isn't going anywhere until a medicine or vaccine is put together. Which may be over a year.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

A couple weeks ago you said everybody was "soft" baseball16? I can't believe that you of all people are drinking the Kool Aid! These experts are fear mongering. Media is out of control to get Trump and crash the economy. The governor of Ohio is listening to an incompetent person to scare the people of Ohio. I don't believe any of them period on their projections! Yes, there is a virus and stuff is starting to come out in recent days that this is way overblown.

Would somebody tell that incompetent woman on TV in Ohio that the "eye" of a storm is calm. She said that we are headed into the "eye" of the storm in the next few weeks. :lol: Then talks about 10,000 cases a day.

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

petesweaty wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:21 pm A couple weeks ago you said everybody was "soft" baseball16? I can't believe that you of all people are drinking the Kool Aid! These experts are fear mongering. Media is out of control to get Trump and crash the economy. The governor of Ohio is listening to an incompetent person to scare the people of Ohio. I don't believe any of them period on their projections! Yes, there is a virus and stuff is starting to come out in recent days that this is way overblown.

Would somebody tell that incompetent woman on TV in Ohio that the "eye" of a storm is calm. She said that we are headed into the "eye" of the storm in the next few weeks. :lol: Then talks about 10,000 cases a day.
You sound tough. Incompetent woman on TV? Seriously?

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

I still believe we live in a soft society! That will not change. Lol. However this virus is a very contagious virus. Many older people dying. I've always said this is political and I don't trust any of them. They are all in it for something. Sorry , I feel I'm in good shape and take care of myself but I can still contract this virus. I elect to stay away from groups and see what happens.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

That is fair enough 16. :D
I am very much an at risk old person, but I want to see baseball again before my demise. I don't like my rights taken away from me in life because everybody is scared of something. I know the virus is here, but there is also a lot of fear mongering going on.

25 deaths in Ohio: (20) 70+ years old
187,000 people applied for unemployment last week in Ohio.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:11 pm
longball wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:49 am
Uh yeah. No crap. Then why are you suggesting we just go about business as usual?

If we could all just stay home for a few weeks, we could flatten the curve we could be able to go about business gradually in a month or two.
I’m not suggesting that at all. I’m saying that a prolonged lock down Is really going to hurt a lot of people. I worry about those people too. It’s not helping anyways as long as everyone keeps taking their whole family to Walmart..

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Post by PtownClown »

There is absolutely nothing political about this virus. Shocked by the people who put their political views and sports over human life. It’s really sad. The flu doesn’t kill healthy ER doctors and nurses like this. The flu doesn’t kill a high number of residents in a nursing home like this. > 10% of those who have tested positive in Italy have died. This isn’t the seasonal flu. This isn’t a hoax. This virus isn’t a Democrat or a Republican , it’s a killer!

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Post by PtownClown »

BTW there isn’t gonna be a spring sports season. If they are extending the social distancing guidelines through April, the schools aren’t opening back up and if no school, no spring sports.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

School is now out until May 1st. I believe that puts a bow on baseball season this year.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

2trap_4ever wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:26 pm School is now out until May 1st. I believe that puts a bow on baseball season this year.
OHSAA said last week that they had a plan for a season, even with a May 1 return date.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

You are right! That is what they said on twitter Monday.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

BlizzardMan wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:23 pm
2trap_4ever wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:26 pm School is now out until May 1st. I believe that puts a bow on baseball season this year.
OHSAA said last week that they had a plan for a season, even with a May 1 return date.
We aren't going back to school this year.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:23 pm
Jerry Snodgrass's playbook here is simple: keep publicly saying "we're trying, we're trying... we're thinking, we're thinking... we're considering, we're considering... it's not out of the question, we won't rule out... we haven't made a decision yet" when it is already a foregone conclusion that there will NOT be a season. I like Jerry, but this is directly a product of him trying to be the "people's commissioner" of the OHSAA with his constant interaction with fans, coaches, and students on Twitter. This season is good as dead. I talked to an assistant coach over the weekend who said their administration is in the process of canceling their school's springs sports, regardless if OHSAA does choose to move forward with a season, with other schools communicating the same with their league opponents and OHSAA district board.

rc1129
Riding the Bench

Post by rc1129 »

Sad that there will be no baseball season. Hopefully this all gets cleared up by June so that the seniors can at least have a chance at playing legion. I'd expect a high turnout for legion teams in the area as long as it is able to be played. should be a fun year for that at least

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Play HS baseball in June and July. Screw summer ball.

Return to “Baseball”