Post by mattash »

Draft defense and o-line

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Re: Burrow or Picks No. 5, 18, 26, 39, 56, and 70

Post by Buckeye1972 »

The Bengals batting average with drafting quarterbacks in the first round hasn't been exactly good. They drafted David Klingler, Jack Thompson, Akili Smith and Carson Palmer in the first round and with possible case of Palmer - none were very successful. They have had more success with 2nd and third round picks - Boomer & Ken Anderson - I am not sure if you call Daulton successful or not. But giving the Bengals extra picks haven't exactly worked out either. I go back to the trade of Irving Fryar to the Patriots for Brian Blados & Pete Koch. Tough decision.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Man, that's a tough one. You could have Burrow with your #1 pick. Or, here is what you would potentially have (according to mock drafts) if you go with the latter:

#5 - Tua Tagovailoa (QB; Alabama)
#18 - Xavier McKinney (S; Alabama)
#26 - Josh Jones (OT; Houston)
#39 - JK Dobbins (RB; Ohio State)
#56 - Jordan Elliott (DT; Missouri)
#70 - An offensive lineman

These are just projections based on what the experts think the Dolphins would do at those draft positions. But, that would be a pretty darn good draft for any team it seems.

Cowboy22
Riding the Bench

Parade by The Burrow family home

Post by Cowboy22 »

With it looking like Joe will be the first pick on the 23rd and him saying that he will be at his parents home watching. What are the chances of having an organized parade led by the local police department. Social distancing shouldn't be a problem as we will be in our cars. Just a thought

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Gosh i wanna see burrow a bengal. But be hard to pass up them picks.

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hard to pass up the #1 player in college from your “area”

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Cant see Miami being willing to give up that much but if so you jump at it.

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Re: Parade by The Burrow family home

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

I think what is happening for Joe Burrows is absolutely wonderful. I also think that if he is indeed the first overall pick that April 23 should be adopted as Joe Burrows Day in Athens county.

Lets discuss the Joe Burrows is First Parade. I think honoring Joe Burrows accomplishments in this manner would be awesome. But in light of current events there would need to be some ground rules.

1. Everyone would need a face mask. Seems like a great marketing ploy would be to give everyone a mask to wear that said "Burrows #1". I think it would give great color to the parade if some were in Athens colors, some in LSU colors, and some in Bengals colors. Also we could sell his various jerseys as a way to throw out a lot of color for the event.

2. Social Distancing would need to be followed. Therefore, I think the parade route should begin at the Convo and wind its way through Athens and then make its way past the Burrows home before ending at Athens High School.

If anyone else has ideas please add them here and lets have Athens county make "Joe Burrows Day" a truly great event.

Cowboy22
Riding the Bench

Post by Cowboy22 »

I was thinking more of starting from the elementary or high School and lead by the county sheriff with his siren and lights on. I think nobody should be allowed out of their vehicles. You show up at the parking lot and get in line. Have a set time at the parade steps off for example 8:30. If you get there late then you won't be in the parade. This has to be coordinated by law enforcement or it could get really chaotic. We want to show respect to him and his family and not upset them in any way. Somebody know the county sheriff or deputy and see if they're on board with this.

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

I just hope the Bengals dont screw this up. Choosing Burrows gives Ohio hope. Plus the state kinda owes it to him since we ran him off in Columbus. Burrows puts butts in seats right away which makes the owners happy and wins games once a few more pieces are put around him. I can see Burrows one day saying he is going to Disney World.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I know it's good for the Bengals, and good for Southeastern Ohio.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

I sure hope the Bengals select him, it will make the trip down 32 a lot more bearable.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:47 am I think what is happening for Joe Burrows is absolutely wonderful. I also think that if he is indeed the first overall pick that April 23 should be adopted as Joe Burrows Day in Athens county.

Lets discuss the Joe Burrows is First Parade. I think honoring Joe Burrows accomplishments in this manner would be awesome. But in light of current events there would need to be some ground rules.

1. Everyone would need a face mask. Seems like a great marketing ploy would be to give everyone a mask to wear that said "Burrows #1". I think it would give great color to the parade if some were in Athens colors, some in LSU colors, and some in Bengals colors. Also we could sell his various jerseys as a way to throw out a lot of color for the event.

2. Social Distancing would need to be followed. Therefore, I think the parade route should begin at the Convo and wind its way through Athens and then make its way past the Burrows home before ending at Athens High School.

If anyone else has ideas please add them here and lets have Athens county make "Joe Burrows Day" a truly great event.
That Burrows boy sure is a fine young man. Cant wait to buy a Joe Burrows Bengals Jersey.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats to Joe, Jim and his wife raised a wonderful young man. Athens County is very proud of you. Athens Bulldogs, Ohio University, by the way Frank you missed a Hesiman winner for Ohio University.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:51 pm Congrats to Joe, Jim and his wife raised a wonderful young man. Athens County is very proud of you. Athens Bulldogs, Ohio University, by the way Frank you missed a Hesiman winner for Ohio University.
How did he "miss" a Heisman winner?
Ohio was the first school to offer him.....

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Lol , tongue n cheek there orange and brown, I’m sure Robin and Jimmy would been happy wherever Joe decided. Plus I think Frank Solich is a hell of a Coach.and he new all along the talent Joe was.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Bill Hess and Jim Grobe were very good Coaches at Ohio University but Frank Solich is the best ever Head Coach at Ohio University. Most winningest Head Coach.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:41 pm
Prime Time wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:51 pm Congrats to Joe, Jim and his wife raised a wonderful young man. Athens County is very proud of you. Athens Bulldogs, Ohio University, by the way Frank you missed a Hesiman winner for Ohio University.
How did he "miss" a Heisman winner?
Ohio was the first school to offer him.....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:00 pm Bill Hess and Jim Grobe were very good Coaches at Ohio University but Frank Solich is the best ever Head Coach at Ohio University. Most winningest Head Coach.
Joe Burrows would have taken the Bobcats to the Rose Bowl

Return to “Football”