Coaching Vacancies 2020-2021

E High
All State

Re: Coaching Vacancies 2020-2021

Post by E High »

bballfever wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:12 pm
GRFan wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:17 pm The Board picked a good baseball coach and football coach.. Hopefully, that will happen again.
Well they have a very capable in house candidate in Fouty, and I believe he would do an incredible job rebuilding the program for years to come. Been working his way up through the program, teacher at the school, has done an excellent job with the JV teams, and has support of many players and parents. Not really sure why they can’t just make a decision at this point.
Give him a well deserved shot. Some of the clowns making these decisions think their at a big time college. Give local guy a chance to prove or disprove himself.

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Shocking opening in the SHAC....Lynchburg-Clay Boys Basketball position is now open as Matt Carson was non-renewed for the position.

Best wishes to Coach Carson. Matt has always shown himself as great teacher of the game and great man off the floor.

Very surprised by this decision.

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

Matt Carson is a class act and was at both Fairfield and Lynchburg. He would fight for his team during a game (which I expect a coach to) but before and after a game was great to be around. Also a very good umpire. There is an old saying that there are two types of coaches. Those that have been fired and those that will be fired.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Yeap. And the Spineless win again !

Netcutter
Waterboy

Post by Netcutter »

I'm sure Coach Carson probably has a bad coaching taste after this but he will land in a spot for him. It's not what have you done for me lately but what have you done for me tomorrow!

E High
All State

Post by E High »

You can win and still get canned. Ruining the options of some schools to find a good, solid, successful veteran.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

socfan wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:08 am Shocking opening in the SHAC....Lynchburg-Clay Boys Basketball position is now open as Matt Carson was non-renewed for the position.

Best wishes to Coach Carson. Matt has always shown himself as great teacher of the game and great man off the floor.

Took the Mustangs to the Final Four a few years back and just haven’t had much talent since (besides McLaughlin and they got back to the districts with him)

He’ll land on his feet somewhere. He’s a great guy, umpire, coach with a ton of experience for someone his age. Some school will be lucky to land him.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

socfan wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:08 am Shocking opening in the SHAC....Lynchburg-Clay Boys Basketball position is now open as Matt Carson was non-renewed for the position.

Ridiculous. A dad or someone near that special group wanting to coach or something? I see zero reason for non-renewing him. Proved he could take a great team a long long way but that’s not good enough I guess.

Things will work out for Matt.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

2 bad seasons in a row, but still roughly 15-20 games over .500 in 7 seasons

So, it’s not like it’s been a long term downturn. 2 seasons.

Like I said, he’ll be back and will make some school happy

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

The AD was also non-renewed. Don’t know all of the details, but I tend to agree there is a board member with a family member with his eye on the job. We’ll see, I guess.

Matt is a great guy and will have no problem finding a new job. I wish him the best of luck!

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Let the school board members family have the job and let the know it all school board member be the assistant. They’ll find out how hard it is. What a bunch of clowns running these districts

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I don't know why any of us should be surprised, we see this happening at schools all around us, people running for school board because they have there own hidden agenda.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Yeap. And are the biggest issues

bballfever
Waterboy

Post by bballfever »

Still no news from Wellston. They need to just announce already. They’ve interviewed all their candidates already. Gonna make it harder on staffs to get filled and skill training can start so the new staff is gonna be behind. Makes even more sense to give Fouty his opportunity to lead. Has worked hard to move up to this level for +10 yrs, has won with the players there and knows them well, has the players support, a teacher at the school, and is an excellent coach as well. But like at Lynchburg small town politics making things difficult at Wellston. May be a reason they struggle. Want quality programs leave feelings out and hire the best candidate, not family buddies.

Netcutter
Waterboy

Post by Netcutter »

Ok now we have openings at

Portsmouth West
Green
Portsmouth East
Wellston
Lynchburg
East Clinton

Am I missing hires for these jobs and who would be considered frontrunners for them.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Netcutter wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:32 am Ok now we have openings at

Portsmouth West
Green
Portsmouth East
Wellston
Lynchburg
East Clinton

Am I missing hires for these jobs and who would be considered frontrunners for them.
I’m not sure Lynchburg’s is truly open. Maybe they’ll go with someone outside but doesn’t feel like they will.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

When did East become open?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hard to believe that Lynchburg would non-renew a coach who took Lynchburg Clay to the big show ! I heard this and was shocked to read about it here, Coach Carson gives all of himself to his teams/program ... has the best interests of his players in mind both on and off the court ... I wish the best for Coach Carson - I feel he will be coaching sooner than later ... I appreciate Coach Carson inviting me down to Lynchburg Clay last summer to watch the shootout he put on showcasing the SHAC schools, Coach Carson introduced me to many of the coaches in the SHAC as well as others in attendance - thank you Matt ... Coach Carson keeps in touch via this forum and FB - Coach will land on his feet, his faith in a plan that the Head Coach has for him will get he & his family continuing to move forward with life ... best of luck Coach Carson ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Portsmouth West
Green
Portsmouth East
Wellston
Lynchburg
East Clinton

... hard to believe new hires for ALL of these positions haven't already taken place ! usually BOE will hire for supplementals (sports etc) in April with certified teaching contracts in May ...

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

pfloyd wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:19 pm

Portsmouth West
Green
Portsmouth East
Wellston
Lynchburg
East Clinton

... hard to believe new hires for ALL of these positions haven't already taken place ! usually BOE will hire for supplementals (sports etc) in April with certified teaching contracts in May ...
CORONAVIRUS!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”